I Want Your Film!!!!! - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 08-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Cross_Trainer
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Cross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,287.00
Default I Want Your Film!!!!!

I have an announcement to make.

A little while ago, I began a project with a few friends to design an online boxing library. The goal is to make early film and other media (no longer copywrighted) available to the general public. Well, the web page is finished and all we need now are the films to stock it with. (we'll be winzipping them, and we've found a way to get as much space as we need.)

Right now, we have a fairly small range: just the heavyweight champions from Sullivan to Johnson. As time goes on, we'll be expanding it more and more until we have a very large listing of films, newspapers, books, photographs, and other resources.....and all of it available to the general public! This would be a HUGE asset to early boxing researchers, and would eliminate the old days were fights would have to be traded piecemeal.

The whole boxing community would have this information at their disposal. No longer would you see people complaining that the old-timers had no idea what they were doing.....just direct them to the library and tell them which sparring footage they should watch.

That's where you come in, gentlemen. Every library needs to start somewhere, so I'm coming to you, begging cup in hand, asking for film. Whatever you are willing to donate would be greatly appreciated.

Just send them to [email protected]

And without further ado......

The Website:

http://www.freewebs.com/boxingfilm/
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Imira
Kwahn pah sak

Rep Power: 12 Imira has a reputation beyond reputeImira has a reputation beyond reputeImira has a reputation beyond reputeImira has a reputation beyond reputeImira has a reputation beyond reputeImira has a reputation beyond reputeImira has a reputation beyond reputeImira has a reputation beyond reputeImira has a reputation beyond reputeImira has a reputation beyond reputeImira has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,212.00
Send a message via Yahoo to Imira

Sounds good.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:17 AM
NJFighter91
#1 P4P Heavyweight

Rep Power: 6141 NJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 97,315.00

LOL, you can kiss between my back pockets...
Old 08-11-2006, 08:32 AM
The Noose
AKA Bologna Panini

Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Rep Power: 349 The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,000,000,101,300,924,416.00
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank &quot;god&quot;...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 why do you have &quot;Isla del Encanta&quot; in your location? - -jose- 
Merry Christmas! - Amazinger 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Looks great, excellent layout.
But theres no footage there yet.

All the old fight i have are on VHS, hopefully soon il convert them to my hardrive.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Nacho_Analstain
Boxing in the face

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1867 Nacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,935,313.77
Total Points: 58,496,689.76
This Beer represents Roy beating Joe Calzaghe, VERY SOON! - reedickyaluss No Message - azza No Message - azza No Message - azza No Message - azza 
No Message - azza No Message - azza what kind of a sad cunt buys himself gifts? - mickeyb fucking gay - mickeyb No Message - P4PKING_2008 
Your milkshake brings all the whores to the board. Well, at least one of them. - K-Nan rocky sucks - RichLoc Don't say I never gave you anything ;) - woftam does cotto make you randy baby, yeah?? - Sin City Arise Sir Azza of Chavvington - Jambo Boy 
Send a message via MSN to Nacho_Analstain

theres aload of fights on here 4 download
Old 08-11-2006, 04:13 PM
NJFighter91
#1 P4P Heavyweight

Rep Power: 6141 NJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, sorry about my comment. I didn't know what you had the website. I thought you just wanted us to all send you the videos. My bad
Old 08-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Cross_Trainer
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 Cross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond reputeCross_Trainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFighter91
Oops, sorry about my comment. I didn't know what you had the website. I thought you just wanted us to all send you the videos. My bad
That's ok...don't worry about it.

We already have a bunch of clips from the initial run of donations that we'll hopefully be uploading within the week....we even have a clip of an older John L. Sullivan doing a bit of playful "sparring" with Corbett....that one will be a bit more difficult to upload, though.

At any rate, now that you know I'm not trying to pull a fast one, you wouldn't happen to have any film from before 1924, would you?
Old 08-12-2006, 11:10 AM
NJFighter91
#1 P4P Heavyweight

Sorry, I don't have early fights. I'm trying to get all Mike Tyson fights and documentary's to download then I'm gonna do some nice stuff to them and make it into a full DVD.

Until then I don't download any old fights

Here in the first post, the first few you might like.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...fight+download
Old 08-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Cross_Trainer
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFighter91
Sorry, I don't have early fights. I'm trying to get all Mike Tyson fights and documentary's to download then I'm gonna do some nice stuff to them and make it into a full DVD.

Until then I don't download any old fights

Here in the first post, the first few you might like.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...fight+download
Thanks.

We should have our first batch available for download within the week, so if you want any old footage feel free to stop by (we're getting all kinds of clips from several sources...although this is still just the beginning).
Old 08-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Kid Achilles
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 115 Kid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 159,971.55
Total Points: 325,451.60

I have your site bookmarked and will keep checking it periodically. I will also search my computer and see if I happen to have anything to contribute.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List