Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 10-05-2004, 09:18 PM
psychopath
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,096
Rep Power: 0 psychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,066,855.70
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,066,855.70
Default Manny Pacquiao . . . . .

MANNY Pacquiao is decidedly the best fighter in the world among featherweights these days. He may not be the finest craftsman just yet, but he has attained that level of skills, which, combined with that very rare extraordinary punching power, makes him the most fearsome of featherweights, or junior lightweights around. In fact, Pacquiao is too good for anyone weighing between 120 and 130 pounds in the business.

For the full article here's the link:

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/gen....business.html
Reply With Quote
psychopath is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 10-05-2004, 09:27 PM
psychopath
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,096
Rep Power: 0 psychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,066,855.70
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,066,855.70
Default

That piece of article clearly shows why boxing lost a lot of it's luster compared to the days when fighters who were called CHAMPIONS are real CHAMPIONS . . .who can stand with pride and dignity on their stature . . . their titles . . . their accomplishements.

It's a FAR CRY from what we have today where there are so many Champions so many BELTS and noted good fighters doesn't have a chance to fight each other because it's not a good business decission. DAMN SHAME!
Reply With Quote
psychopath is offline
#3
Old 10-05-2004, 09:34 PM
m00ks
The Human Keg
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Yo Momma
Age: 30
Posts: 4,589
Rep Power: 594 m00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 52,657.51
Bank: 2,403,667.57
Total Points: 2,456,325.08
Default

Do you don't think that he's as good as he is going to get? You think there is more room for drastic improvements?
Reply With Quote
m00ks is offline
#4
Old 10-05-2004, 10:07 PM
psychopath
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,096
Rep Power: 0 psychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,066,855.70
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,066,855.70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks
Do you don't think that he's as good as he is going to get? You think there is more room for drastic improvements?
You mean Manny needs drastic improvement? I do believe that there's more room for improvement but it doesn't have to be drastic. Everything is evolving . . . eveything changes . . . what he needs to do is just to cope up with all this changes around him and he'll be fine. This is a continuous process . . . he'll have to add up to his arsenal of punches and add up to his footworks and body movements . . . defense and etc.

Take note brother . . . Manny's first fight in the feather he took out MAB . . . second fight he decked JMM 3 times and was robbed of a victory . . . in short he is just starting,
Reply With Quote
psychopath is offline
#5
Old 10-06-2004, 04:03 AM
.::|ULTIMATE|::.
Gran Campeon
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Age: 30
Posts: 6,493
Rep Power: 21496 .::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 548,652.43
Bank: 4,893,820,573.04
Total Points: 4,894,369,225.47
Time for a super gift - jazluvr your name suits you right, amazing post on that jmm/pac breakdown - chiguy91 Burgos Beer - AP♠ 
Send a message via ICQ to .::|ULTIMATE|::. Send a message via AIM to .::|ULTIMATE|::. Send a message via Yahoo to .::|ULTIMATE|::.
Default

wow thats a huge nuthugging article.

That article might as well been written by evobsm, its just as lacking in knowledge and nuthugging as his posts were.
Reply With Quote
.::|ULTIMATE|::. is offline
#6
Old 10-06-2004, 04:06 AM
.::|ULTIMATE|::.
Gran Campeon
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Age: 30
Posts: 6,493
Rep Power: 21496 .::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute.::|ULTIMATE|::. has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 548,652.43
Bank: 4,893,820,573.04
Total Points: 4,894,369,225.47
Time for a super gift - jazluvr your name suits you right, amazing post on that jmm/pac breakdown - chiguy91 Burgos Beer - AP♠ 
Send a message via ICQ to .::|ULTIMATE|::. Send a message via AIM to .::|ULTIMATE|::. Send a message via Yahoo to .::|ULTIMATE|::.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pso_junior
That piece of article clearly shows why boxing lost a lot of it's luster compared to the days when fighters who were called CHAMPIONS are real CHAMPIONS . . .who can stand with pride and dignity on their stature . . . their titles . . . their accomplishements.

It's a FAR CRY from what we have today where there are so many Champions so many BELTS and noted good fighters doesn't have a chance to fight each other because it's not a good business decission. DAMN SHAME!
What that piece of article clearly shows is why Manny pacquiao looses many non-phillipino boxing fans on these forums. Because nuthuggers like that editor hold so tight manny's sperm is about to burst onto their face.
Reply With Quote
.::|ULTIMATE|::. is offline
#7
Old 10-06-2004, 11:21 AM
chilly9876
Contender
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 281
Rep Power: 0 chilly9876 is infamous around these partschilly9876 is infamous around these partschilly9876 is infamous around these partschilly9876 is infamous around these partschilly9876 is infamous around these partschilly9876 is infamous around these partschilly9876 is infamous around these partschilly9876 is infamous around these partschilly9876 is infamous around these partschilly9876 is infamous around these partschilly9876 is infamous around these parts
Points: 18,738.59
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 18,738.59
Default

Manny is strong and fast but doesnt have many punches in his arsenal...i think jmm showed how to beat manny (by sticking and moving) and for that reason many of the top dogs WILL beat manny
Reply With Quote
chilly9876 is offline
#8
Old 10-06-2004, 06:07 PM
m00ks
The Human Keg
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Yo Momma
Age: 30
Posts: 4,589
Rep Power: 594 m00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 52,657.51
Bank: 2,403,667.57
Total Points: 2,456,325.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate
What that piece of article clearly shows is why Manny pacquiao looses many non-phillipino boxing fans on these forums. Because nuthuggers like that editor hold so tight manny's sperm is about to burst onto their face.
Well it's expected isn't it? I mean it is in a Filipino and the editor is most likely a Filipino. Of course it'll be biased. Just like the mexican editors are biased with their boxers or any other country for that matter. It shouldn't come as a surprise.
Reply With Quote
m00ks is offline
#9
Old 10-06-2004, 06:09 PM
m00ks
The Human Keg
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Yo Momma
Age: 30
Posts: 4,589
Rep Power: 594 m00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 52,657.51
Bank: 2,403,667.57
Total Points: 2,456,325.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly9876
Manny is strong and fast but doesnt have many punches in his arsenal...i think jmm showed how to beat manny (by sticking and moving) and for that reason many of the top dogs WILL beat manny
Err...how could he have shown how to beat Manny if he himself hasn't beat Manny.
Also MAB and JMM are top dogs at featherweight. What happened?
Reply With Quote
m00ks is offline
#10
Old 10-06-2004, 07:56 PM
psychopath
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,096
Rep Power: 0 psychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond reputepsychopath has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,066,855.70
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,066,855.70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly9876
Manny is strong and fast but doesnt have many punches in his arsenal...i think jmm showed how to beat manny (by sticking and moving) and for that reason many of the top dogs WILL beat manny


You think Jmm showed how to beat Manny? Sorry you are wrong. First of all JMM didn’t win in that fight. What he has shown is how to DRAW a handicapped Manny Pacquiao aided by a STUPID judge’s error and an incompetent Ref.

Officially it was a draw all right, but we cannot change the fact that it was only so because the judge didn’t score the first round correctly as he openly admitted and the
Ref didn’t deduct a point from JMM for repeated low blows. So the fact remains that despite Manny Pacquiao’s injury he could have still won.

You know there will be a never ending debate on this one especially on Pacquiao’s performance that night not until JMM signs the dotted line and steps up into the plate again. Reason why Manny Pacquiao wanted that immediate rematch . . . but I guess you already know who refused? And maybe you also have a suspiscion why?
Reply With Quote
psychopath is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.