Boxing in Missouri? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-09-2005, 10:52 PM
emilbus
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 emilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,244.00
Default Boxing in Missouri?

I'm new to Boxing, but I'm very interested in it. However, the closest gym to me, that I have found either online or the yellow pages, has been over 20 miles away. I personally couldn't take it seriously if I had to travel 40 miles to do this. So I was wondering if there are any Boxers that live in Missouri, near Chesterfield. Any help or ideas would be great!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-09-2005, 11:01 PM
julDilla
Record: 0 - 0

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19362 julDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,573,951,121.13
Total Points: 14,574,517,420.96

http://boxinghelp.com/missouri.html
Old 02-09-2005, 11:24 PM
emilbus
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 emilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond reputeemilbus has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, I used that site already, that's where I found the closest gym to me, thanks for the help though.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:26 PM
julDilla
Record: 0 - 0

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19362 julDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,573,951,121.13
Total Points: 14,574,517,420.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilbus
Yea, I used that site already, that's where I found the closest gym to me, thanks for the help though.
you can always order a bag, speed bag a jump rope, and get a training book, all you need is someone else to help you with mitts, and so on...
Old 02-09-2005, 11:39 PM
emilbus
Amateur

That's what I was afraid of, but I sort of saw it comming. I did make a bag out of some rolled up carpet I took from someones trash, wrapped in a nice layer of duct tape. I have it wrapped tightly around a 4" pvc pipe that's capped on both sides with holes drilled though the center, so I could thread a thick nylon rope through it and have it stay put. I hung it from a steel I-beam in my basement and found it to be a little light for my tastes. So I extended the rope out a bit, added 60 lbs. of weights to the bottom, and used an old, thick, drumstick to hold it all together from the bottom. Grand total for this ran less than $20.00, so I was happy. Plus it hits great, just a little give, but not much. Plus it weighs about 80 lbs., which I think is fine for my weight (146).

Sorry about that, that little blurp was just cause I'm really proud of my little creation.

Regardless, I guess I'll just have to get my friends into it and teach each other the ropes. I plan on asking my school's police officer if there are any P.A.L.'s close to my home.

Thanks again for all the help!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Raekwon
Contender

Rep Power: 12 Raekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 21,475.35
Send a message via MSN to Raekwon

tis good to box at home but if u dont have the right technique and ur new to boxing its best not to get to much into just beating a erm "bag" lol, other wise you will develop bad habits that will be harder to get out of when you do get yourself in with a trainer, just take things slowly work on general fitness etc but try not to get into bad habbits, its always best to have a trainer if ur new to boxing
Old 02-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Tha Greatest
boxingscene legend

Rep Power: 21520 Tha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 614,179.52
Performance worthy of a beer. Enjoy - El Gallo Negro! U R A Funny Son of a Bitch - Stones In Exile Funny S.O.B. - The Beatles Dome King - Firewall A gift for the Dome King - Tomato Can 
No Message - JAB5239 No Message - BoxingGenius27 cheers for posting on my thread abt valero broner much appreciated - robson24 Sup bro - El Angel For Giving the Giants Credit where credit was due. You have my respect. - BrushMyHair 
Giants, Dynasty, Winning on the Even numbered years in this decade. Lets drink to that. A Toast to baseballs most intriguing and newest dynasty. Cheers - BrushMyHair 
Default ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilbus
I'm new to Boxing, but I'm very interested in it. However, the closest gym to me, that I have found either online or the yellow pages, has been over 20 miles away. I personally couldn't take it seriously if I had to travel 40 miles to do this. So I was wondering if there are any Boxers that live in Missouri, near Chesterfield. Any help or ideas would be great!
What are your goals? tell me and i can help you
Old 02-13-2005, 01:15 PM
emilbus
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGreatest
What are your goals? tell me and i can help you
I'm just a very physical person. I love contact sports and compitition. I just wanted to do boxing for fun and as a recreational thing. Just to stay in shape and have a little fun at the same time. Thanks.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List