Weight Training Help... - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 05-17-2006, 12:23 AM #1
Pound 4 Pound

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,109,844.11
Send a message via AIM to -GBGQ-
Default Weight Training Help...

I currently train (box) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
I'm looking for a good weight training regimen to to on tuesdays and thursdays.

All of the weight training I've done before was just for size and cuts. Anyone know of any exercises to do that are more boxing oriented?

Obviously when I lift heavy my hands don't feel as fast.
-GBGQ- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-17-2006, 12:32 AM #2
Walk's On Water

Kayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,024,423.45
Total Points: 1,192,221.88

Stick to exercises like Bench Press,Dumbell Press, Military Press,Squats and Rows
Kayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:38 AM #3
Pound 4 Pound

-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,109,844.11
Send a message via AIM to -GBGQ-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayo
Stick to exercises like Bench Press,Dumbell Press, Military Press,Squats and Rows
My usual plan is
Chest and Biceps
Back and Triceps
Shoulders and Legs

Afterwards I tend to feel bulkier than I'd like to when I box. Is the key just to go lighter and more reps?
-GBGQ- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:02 AM #4
Walk's On Water

Kayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond reputeKayo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboyprm
My usual plan is
Chest and Biceps
Back and Triceps
Shoulders and Legs

Afterwards I tend to feel bulkier than I'd like to when I box. Is the key just to go lighter and more reps?
light weight and more reps is how you bulk..
you wanna be lifting high weight low reps for strength
Old 05-17-2006, 01:10 AM #5
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 26,599.00

Quote:
light weight and more reps is how you bulk..
you wanna be lifting high weight low reps for strength

light weight more reps is for muscle toning (getting cut).
High weight low reps is for strength and bulk

strength training will slow you down though cause it tightens your muscles, body weight exercises are good for boxers cause your muscles will be loose.
oliverlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:34 AM #6
Walk's On Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverlt
light weight more reps is for muscle toning (getting cut).
High weight low reps is for strength and bulk

strength training will slow you down though cause it tightens your muscles, body weight exercises are good for boxers cause your muscles will be loose.
low weight high reps so rep ranges 8-12 will get you SIZE
High Weight Low reps 5-7 gets you STRENGTH
Old 05-17-2006, 01:36 AM #7
Banned

oliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond reputeoliverlt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
low weight high reps so rep ranges 8-12 will get you SIZE
High Weight Low reps 5-7 gets you STRENGTH

Low weight high reps will tone your muscles down not bulk you up
to build mass do 3-5 sets of 4-7 reps, to tone muscle do 4-5 sets of 12-15 reps

Last edited by oliverlt; 05-17-2006 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:44 AM #8
Walk's On Water

Quote:
Low weight high reps will tone your muscles down not bulk you up
do some research bud thats the mind set of a female grade 9 p.e teacher
Old 05-17-2006, 01:51 AM #9
Banned

Quote:
do some research bud thats the mind set of a female grade 9 p.e teacher

just google it. It is different for men and women, and it depends on your body but it is common knowledge that less weight and high reps tone you while high weight less reps adds strength. If you were right why are all the lightweights doing pushups and other bodyweight exercises and not bulking up. Should Pacman bench 300 to gain strength I mean according to you doing bodyweight exercises Pacman will be a middleweight before long.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:41 AM #10
Walk's On Water

Quote:
just google it. It is different for men and women, and it depends on your body but it is common knowledge that less weight and high reps tone you while high weight less reps adds strength. If you were right why are all the lightweights doing pushups and other bodyweight exercises and not bulking up. Should Pacman bench 300 to gain strength I mean according to you doing bodyweight exercises Pacman will be a middleweight before long.
key word bodyweight exercises and weight lifting are two very different things.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List