Muhammad Ali article: worth reading - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 05-10-2006, 05:54 AM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 19,761.00
Default Muhammad Ali article: worth reading

I ran across the following thread:

http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/ind...howtopic=58668

In it is discussed some of the details of Muhammad Ali's life. It's not for those who like a pure, "good guy - bad guy" view of people, but for those who prefer to see the truth however disturbing.

My personal view is that Ali usually meant well but made a lot of mistakes, some of which added to people's misery. Today he seems like a genuinely decent man, but that doesn't mean that we should forget some of the things he did or stood for during portions of his past.

Last edited by mokele; 05-10-2006 at 05:57 AM.
mokele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-10-2006, 10:00 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Heckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,084.08

Its hard to find a truthful accurate account of Ali's life. We go from one extreme like Mark Krams slanted account...ghosts of manila where Ali is shed in negative light so often it becomes ridiculous, he makes claims that are pure speculation and just as ridiculous. I respect Mark Kram as a boxing historian, his opinion in regard to politics i do not. We have other accounts of the mans life that essentially imply he was a perfect, flawless humanitarian which is just as ridiculous. I respect Ali alot as he gave up pretty much everything in a fight for a just cause. People try to portray him as a mindless puppet of the NOI yet whenever he was put on the spot with questions he answered intelligently, articulately and with convinction. He was apparently insincere? Who would throw away money, the championship title, his reputation, everything they had ever worked for and risk going to jail for 5 years for something he they not believe in? defies logic.

I do not respect what he did to Joe Frazier and i acknowledge that he was a womanizer. However, I consider him to be a good man yet flawed like the rest of us.

Last edited by Heckler; 05-10-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:21 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Heckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond reputeHeckler has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,084.08

Again that is nothing more then another mans opinions. Am i to consider that to be 'the truth'? there maybe truths in it but again alot of it is speculation . We do not know what Ali felt, what his true attitudes were. Its a complex situation, some believe that the NOI thought that whites were the devil... logically Ali thinks the same? Yet Ali respected Angelo Dundee, Howard Cosell and Rocky Maricano and infact refused to fire Dundee after Elijah Muhammad asked him to? Many whites that met Ali have also noted how respectful and courteous he was.

This article you gave a link to again comes across as something produced by another slanted, bitter person trying to deconstruct the myth of Ali being a perfect Human being... which he was not, but in trying to counter such an extreme argument they become just as ridiculous and extreme themselves. Constantly shedding negative light on Ali and making claims without evidence or even a source.

Someone needs to write an account of Ali's life that falls somewhere between Thomas Hausers god-like portrayal and Mark Kram's bitter, biased attack.

Last edited by Heckler; 05-10-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:12 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

LondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 72,518.38
A new boxing encyclopedia for your collection. Not that you need it! - BattlingNelson 

I already know most of the public released details of Ali. Unless there are new private revelations, the article is for latecomers.
LondonRingRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:35 PM #5
The HW Sugar Ray!

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
butterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,088,823.14
Total Points: 1,351,681.51

bump......
butterfly1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:46 PM #6
Trousersnake Fondler

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Southpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 104,859,794,447,085,376.00
Total Points: 104,859,794,447,102,560.00
No Message - -veteran420- No Message - -veteran420- good for the liver lad - -veteran420- 5 years, pity I missed the 1st 4 - Clyde Barrow merry xmas - Subtraction 
No Message - - v e t - Merry Christmas - Flab Care to join me? :) x - *Boss Lady* Happy new year! - Toney Loc :) - *Boss Lady* 
:kiss: - *Boss Lady* :flirt: - *Boss Lady* :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Yes, your majesty. Your wish is my command. - *Boss Lady* Did you know that I walked around saying ... 'Breakdown, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit ... ALL DAY LONG?! That would be your fault! - *Boss Lady* 
I need a drink, fancy it? - Bossy You're sex on legs. I'll get the pints. :luvbed: - Bossy Easter pint for my e-lover :love: - Bossy Who could stay miserable after that? :love: - Bossy Good Sir, I hope you are well. - Uns 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - _PlaT_NuM_ Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - PensionKiller World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr Jones AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Clyde Barrow 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -veteran420- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - LeeVanCleef Autism - -veteran420- Autism - -veteran420- Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - -veteran420- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - INSECT Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Nani Loc Head and Neck Cancer - Southpaw Stinger Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Southpaw Stinger Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - - v e t - 

Interesting...
Southpaw Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:29 AM #7
Make Us Dream

The Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 34,669,026.41
Total Points: 34,795,719.80
Thanks for the Karma - Toda Caine 
Send a message via AIM to The Raging Bull Send a message via MSN to The Raging Bull

I'll read it later.

Thanks by the way
The Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List