Tommy Yarosz - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Thread Navigation

Old 05-10-2006, 03:15 AM
mokele
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11 mokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond reputemokele has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 19,528.00
Default Tommy Yarosz

Here's my recent post from a different boxing forum:

I was doing a little research on boxrec.com and ran across Tommy Yarosz:

http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=011801

He just died a little over a month ago and I haven't seen a thread mentioning it. I've never seen him on film but his record suggests that he was an outstanding boxer, 1 of the better middleweights and light heavies of his era. His career record of 82-9 (with a draw and 17 knockouts) is excellent, and during his prime he must have been an extremely elusive man, without much power to speak of, but hard to hit. Maybe his style was a little like Maxie Rosenbloom, another great light heavy with little if any power. Here are some of his best wins:

Jimmy Edgar (twice in 1947)
Jose Basora (June 1947; Basora is another great forgotten fighter)
Bee Bee Washington (twice in 1947)
Nick Barone (Feb. 1949)
Dave Sands (April 1949)
Jimmy Beau (Dec. 1949)
Dave Whitlock (April 1950)

Notable losses:
Jake La Motta (Dec. 1948]
Bobo Olsen (June 1949)
Nick Barone (August 1949, June 1950)
Randy Turpin (Dec. 1950; Yarosz's last fight)

Yarosz retired at the age of 28 and lived to be 84. I'm sure that at least 1 of the readers here has a collection of anecdotes about him.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-10-2006, 12:50 PM
K-DOGG
Mitakuye Oyasin

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 55 K-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,071,908.58
Total Points: 10,003,862,029.32
Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokele
Here's my recent post from a different boxing forum:

I was doing a little research on boxrec.com and ran across Tommy Yarosz:

http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=011801

He just died a little over a month ago and I haven't seen a thread mentioning it. I've never seen him on film but his record suggests that he was an outstanding boxer, 1 of the better middleweights and light heavies of his era. His career record of 82-9 (with a draw and 17 knockouts) is excellent, and during his prime he must have been an extremely elusive man, without much power to speak of, but hard to hit. Maybe his style was a little like Maxie Rosenbloom, another great light heavy with little if any power. Here are some of his best wins:

Jimmy Edgar (twice in 1947)
Jose Basora (June 1947; Basora is another great forgotten fighter)
Bee Bee Washington (twice in 1947)
Nick Barone (Feb. 1949)
Dave Sands (April 1949)
Jimmy Beau (Dec. 1949)
Dave Whitlock (April 1950)

Notable losses:
Jake La Motta (Dec. 1948]
Bobo Olsen (June 1949)
Nick Barone (August 1949, June 1950)
Randy Turpin (Dec. 1950; Yarosz's last fight)

Yarosz retired at the age of 28 and lived to be 84. I'm sure that at least 1 of the readers here has a collection of anecdotes about him.
92 fights by age 28....now that says something.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Dye
2 Live and Dye in LA

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 165 Dye has a reputation beyond reputeDye has a reputation beyond reputeDye has a reputation beyond reputeDye has a reputation beyond reputeDye has a reputation beyond reputeDye has a reputation beyond reputeDye has a reputation beyond reputeDye has a reputation beyond reputeDye has a reputation beyond reputeDye has a reputation beyond reputeDye has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 215,260,866.94
Total Points: 228,555,807.77
For people that like cock up their tail - Dye You're Beautiful!! - Dye Because you're a prostitute - Dye For the Irish in us all - Dye Drink up - Mike Tyson77 
drink uo bro! - Mike Tyson77 how about a drink to us old timers?1 - Mike Tyson77 another round! - Mike Tyson77 Thanks for the green k, boss. - Anxious Times 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dye Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dye Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Dye Gay and Lesbian Pride - Dye AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dye 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dye Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dye Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Dye 

thats a good record with it looks like good opposition

Share This With Friends

User Tag List