No announcement yet.

I got Postol over Crawford all day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got Postol over Crawford all day

You guys know I'm not sold on Crawford at all, but if he wins this one fairly, I'll give him his credit. I find him extremely overrated skillwise and don't see this P4P level fighter people are talking about.

Postol is a much more fundamentally sound boxer, he's got a much better jab, a sharper, straighter right hand, better defence and he's definitely the more proven out of the two, there are no question marks about him.

I think Postol boxes Crawford's head off and wins a clear decision.

I think it's the other way. Crawford embarassed Gamboa, who's a pretty good boxer in his own way.
    Postol does have a good jab, and he's a frustrating fighter to fight, but I think TC will take him.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      I think it's the other way. Crawford embarassed Gamboa, who's a pretty good boxer in his own way.
      Postol does have a good jab, and he's a frustrating fighter to fight, but I think TC will take him.
      How did Crawford embarrass Gamboa? If anything that fight showed that Gamboa is a levels above Crawford in terms of skill. Gamboa is naturally 2-3 weight classes smaller than Crawford and he easily won the first 4 rounds of that fight, he then got carried away like he always does and it cost him against a much bigger man.

Crawford also struggled with Dulorme for the first 5 rounds, he gave away 3-4 rounds in that fight, against a guy who's C level at best.

I really don't see anything out of the ordinary about Crawford.

Comment

Postol is the underdog, according to odds makers. I don't know why when he's got a more notable win in Matthysse in his resume and he's also bigger.

Crawford got Gamboa, a career featherweight who came into the fight with one lackluster, unimpressive win against an unknown fighter at lightweight. He came with a careless, kamikazee game plan. I thought he's angry at life and the world. It's crazy to fight like that fighting a bigger guy. Nevertheless, I couldn't help but wonder what if Gamboa was the bigger guy in that fight?

Any backstory on why Crawford skipped Matthysse?

Comment

I wouldn't be so confident in Postol. He was behind on one of the scorecards against Matthysse and only led 86-85 on the other two. I just think Postol is to inexperienced at the elite level to beat a guy like Crawford but on the flip side it will be interesting to see how Crawford deals with Postol's reach and height advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
            Postol is the underdog, according to odds makers. I don't know why when he's got a more notable win in Matthysse in his resume and he's also bigger.

Crawford got Gamboa, a career featherweight who came into the fight with one lackluster, unimpressive win against an unknown fighter at lightweight. He came with a careless, kamikazee game plan. I thought he's angry at life and the world. It's crazy to fight like that fighting a bigger guy. Nevertheless, I couldn't help but wonder what if Gamboa was the bigger guy in that fight?

Any backstory on why Crawford skipped Matthysse?
            He's a 4 to 1 underdog over here which is ridiculous, I have no idea what that's based on.

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
            I wouldn't be so confident in Postol. He was behind on one of the scorecards against Matthysse and only led 86-85 on the other two. I just think Postol is to inexperienced at the elite level to beat a guy like Crawford but on the flip side it will be interesting to see how Crawford deals with Postol's reach and height advantage.
            Postol has more experience at the highest level than Crawford, he's actually been in there with a legit threat.

Comment

The great thing about it is that we get to find out who is the better fight soon!

I lean Crawford but best of luck to both, should be a good fight
              Last edited by sicko; 07-07-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                I'm a Matthysse fan, but Postol was clearly in control over Matthysse and in my opinion winning and taking over the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Owlzfan84 View Post
                  I'm a Matthysse fan, but Postol was clearly in control over Matthysse and in my opinion winning and taking over the fight.
                  I agree but that's what the scorecards said. Crawford is going to be the favorite and the Judges are going to lean towards him.

Comment

Going 2 be a great scrap. 2 young proven lads

Comment

Working...
                    X