No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jarrell Miller vs. Fred Kassi on August 19th, Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jarrell Miller vs. Fred Kassi on August 19th, Showtime

NEW YORK Undefeated heavyweight Jarrell Miller claims he's America's top heavyweight prospect. "Big Baby" will get a chance to back up his boast when he faces his toughest test to date in veteran Fred Kassi in the main event of ShoBox: The New Generation on Friday, Aug. 19.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good points by Miller. Power with no technique only gets you so far until you meet a good D or a good chin. I hope he adds to his list of improving his technique doing some cardio and nutrition advice. Kassi is his own worst enemy does not due enough volume wise and gets out pointed and or robbed. Tries to be cute which is fine when you are not huge and do not have 1 punch power. But like Byrd did then you have to carve them up Make them miss land 5 to their 1 harder shot.

Comment

Good move up for Miller.

Comment

Big Baby in 6 rounds

Comment

Good fight!!!!

Comment

Good test for Big Baby.

Comment

Oh ****. Didn't realize this was in my neck of the woods. Like down the street my neck of the woods not like a drive away with Turning Stone fights. Might have to go to this. Haven't been to a live fight in too long.

Comment

If Kassi can take him into the later rounds, gravity might finish the job. I like the way Jarrel looks at 280, but it's still 280! He has big man power and some style from the little I've seen of him, but can he dance all night? Kassi is a small test, to be honest. He's a little HW and he's not blowing anybody away, but if he can survive Jarrell might slow down on his own.

Comment

Oh Big Baby is back! his last fight was brutal.

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority. I hope Kassi whoops Big Baby's a$$. It's hard for me to get behind a guy that has basically fought no one in addition to drastically out weighing his opposition. Every fight I have seen of Miller's (expect the one against the guy from the Boxino tourney) he has been the much bigger man. Granted he won those fights in the manner he was supposed to but he clearly had all of the advantages. I strongly believe if Kassi can take Big Baby into deep waters, Miller might collapse from exhaustion. Miller to me is like another fighter, to which I won't name, that's getting a lot of hype without really being tested. I'm not comparing their abilities , just comparing the hype.
                    I guess they picked Kassi because of how Mansour KO'd him. I hope the Kassi that beat Arreola (IMO) shows up. If that Kassi shows up and Miller goes the distance (because I don't think he'll get a KO), I'll have a little more respect for his boxing abilities. Not much but a little more.

Comment

Working...
                    X