Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't Rafael need to provide his "sources" about Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't Rafael need to provide his "sources" about Fury?

ESPN is reporting that Tyson Fury pulled out of his July 9 rematch with Wladimir Klitschko due to “excessive partying and not an ankle injury,” citing "sources."

Shouldn't Dan Rafael be obligated to specify these "sources" since he's essentially saying Fury is a liar who is in breach of his contract?

Shouldn't he provide evidence (since he's a Klitschko fan) he's not just repeating rumors?
    Last edited by Æthelstan; 06-25-2016, 05:13 PM.

Rafael has no sources other than promoters, and he writes exactly what they want. It's not like he visits gyms and has any relationships with trainers and fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Rafael has no sources other than promoters, and he writes exactly what they want. It's not like he visits gyms and has any relationships with trainers and fighters.
      Exactly! Before the fight Mitch Abramson was talking about how good Joe Smith Jr looked in the amateurs, Rafael was saying it was a horrible fight.

Comment

Hasn't Fury already shown evidence of his ankle injury?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Exactly! Before the fight Mitch Abramson was talking about how good Joe Smith Jr looked in the amateurs, Rafael was saying it was a horrible fight.
          Well it was a horrible fight. Let's not pretend Joe Smith wasn't set up to lose. Fighters should have to fight up the ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
            Well it was a horrible fight. Let's not pretend Joe Smith wasn't set up to lose. Fighters should have to fight up the ranks.
            It wasn't for a world championship. It was for the WBC International light HW title. That's a title you fight for to work your way up the ranks. Smith had a long amateur career and 22 fights with only one loss heading into the fight. This dude wasn't plucked off the street.

Comment

All the delays with these two has killed my interest. Get your **** together.

Comment

I was posting about the fight being cancelled a couple days before it was cancelled from stuff I was reading on twitter. But most people ignored it

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...1#post16805021

And they were saying the cause of cancellation was Tyson has been partying and low ticket sales. He and Peter had a falling out about training. I don't care if they said it was a joke. And I posted this yesterday but nobody paid attention to it.

I posted this yesterday:

With that cut on his leg it looks like he fell down. Was probably drunk. He hasn't posted a training video in 3 weeks. He ususally post them a couple of times a week.

Peter Fury usually keeps his Twitter updated with training. He hasn't said anything about training since June 13th

Then he posts this

And the next day people started saying the same thing

Comment

He's a embarrassment to the sport, biggest platform for sport and this tit gets the job. But it shouldn't be a suprise boxing is just ahead of the WNBa and below horse racing

Look no further then how this is handled by him , also the build up to May/Pac with his code orange or whatever when it showed he had no clue and was actually going on what was being fed what Arum wanted him to say

He's a alright source for HBo affiliated promos ( TR , GB , K2 ) but that about it and basically just parrots what they feed him

Comment

Fat Dan is very much a Klitschko groupie.

Comment

Working...
                    X