Jeffries vs Foreman - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2006, 03:09 PM #1
K-DOGG K-DOGG is offline
Mitakuye Oyasin
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 45
Posts: 7,664
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 55
K-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 9,997,791,930.74
Bank: 6,071,908.58
Total Points: 10,003,863,839.32
Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Default Jeffries vs Foreman

Looking for Thoughts here. Big George and Big Jeff are two of, if not THEE two strongest heavyweight Champions to have ever lived and both had great chins...Jeff with the better stamina, supposedly.

Who wins in a 15 round clash?


If someone else has already done this....sorry.
K-DOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-29-2006, 03:15 PM #2
Southpaw Stinger Southpaw Stinger is offline
Trousersnake Fondler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England
Age: 31
Posts: 29,483
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Rep Power: 226
Southpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpaw Stinger has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 17,217.70
Bank: 104,859,794,447,085,376.00
Total Points: 104,859,794,447,102,608.00
No Message - -veteran420- No Message - -veteran420- good for the liver lad - -veteran420- 5 years, pity I missed the 1st 4 - Clyde Barrow merry xmas - Subtraction 
No Message - - v e t - Merry Christmas - Flab Care to join me? :) x - *Boss Lady* Happy new year! - Toney Loc :) - *Boss Lady* 
:kiss: - *Boss Lady* :flirt: - *Boss Lady* :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Yes, your majesty. Your wish is my command. - *Boss Lady* Did you know that I walked around saying ... 'Breakdown, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit, innit ... ALL DAY LONG?! That would be your fault! - *Boss Lady* 
I need a drink, fancy it? - Bossy You're sex on legs. I'll get the pints. :luvbed: - Bossy Easter pint for my e-lover :love: - Bossy Who could stay miserable after that? :love: - Bossy Good Sir, I hope you are well. - Uns 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - _PlaT_NuM_ Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - PensionKiller World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr Jones AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Clyde Barrow 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -veteran420- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - LeeVanCleef Autism - -veteran420- Autism - -veteran420- Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - -veteran420- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - INSECT Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Nani Loc Head and Neck Cancer - Southpaw Stinger Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Southpaw Stinger Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - - v e t - 
Default

I'd give it to Foreman.
Southpaw Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:27 PM #3
THE REAL NINJA THE REAL NINJA is offline
Undisputed Champ
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,122
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18665
THE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 203,487.73
Bank: 1,188,596.71
Total Points: 1,392,084.44
Default

With only 21 fights and lack of opponents it's hard to judge Jeff . What would he have been if he was fighting Sam Langford, Harry Wills, Joe Jeannette, i know they all came a little after but you know what i'm saying. I will have to go with Foreman
THE REAL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:29 PM #4
K-DOGG K-DOGG is offline
Mitakuye Oyasin
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 45
Posts: 7,664
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 55
K-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 9,997,791,930.74
Bank: 6,071,908.58
Total Points: 10,003,863,839.32
Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Default

Well shoot. I'll go ahead and put my synopsis down.

Personally, surprisingly, I'd favour big Jeff. My main reason being the stamina issue and he was a better technical boxer from all accounts. He started off sparring with Jim Corbett, who was a fantastic technician and picked up some tricks. Now, while not master boxer, he seems to have been more polished than Foreman. Also, he had a good chin, and as mentioned before, good stamina as evidencenced by he 20 round war with Tom Sharkey under the searing heat of artificial lighting at Coney Island.

Geroge, in his prime, went the 10 round distance against Gregorio Peralta; but Peralta was primarily a light-heavyeight who had moved up for a pay day. George dominated many of his fights through sheer physical strengh; he would not have this advantage over Jeffries. He wouldn't be able to push Jeff off and might be pushed back himself, which could throw him off his game.

Unlike Foreman, Jim was not a fast starter most the time and would wait for the right moment to lower the boom. Givin George's average defense and wide-open causeways due to his looping and winging punches, all hell might break loose pretty early; but, ultimately I see Jeffries winning by an 11th round stoppage after a steady pouding by both men, George would be more likely to wear out. It could end earlier; but I give George credit for being tough as nails himself...and Jeffries wasn't exactly a barnstormer.

Last edited by K-DOGG; 04-29-2006 at 03:31 PM.
K-DOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:50 PM #5
LondonRingRules LondonRingRules is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Republic of Texas, never hear of Muleshoe?
Age: 67
Posts: 1,640
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
LondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 72,551.38
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 72,551.38
A new boxing encyclopedia for your collection. Not that you need it! - BattlingNelson 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-DOGG
Well shoot. I'll go ahead and put my synopsis down.

Personally, surprisingly, I'd favour big Jeff. My main reason being the stamina issue and he was a better technical boxer from all accounts. He started off sparring with Jim Corbett, who was a fantastic technician and picked up some tricks. Now, while not master boxer, he seems to have been more polished than Foreman. Also, he had a good chin, and as mentioned before, good stamina as evidencenced by he 20 round war with Tom Sharkey under the searing heat of artificial lighting at Coney Island.

Geroge, in his prime, went the 10 round distance against Gregorio Peralta; but Peralta was primarily a light-heavyeight who had moved up for a pay day. George dominated many of his fights through sheer physical strengh; he would not have this advantage over Jeffries. He wouldn't be able to push Jeff off and might be pushed back himself, which could throw him off his game.

Unlike Foreman, Jim was not a fast starter most the time and would wait for the right moment to lower the boom. Givin George's average defense and wide-open causeways due to his looping and winging punches, all hell might break loose pretty early; but, ultimately I see Jeffries winning by an 11th round stoppage after a steady pouding by both men, George would be more likely to wear out. It could end earlier; but I give George credit for being tough as nails himself...and Jeffries wasn't exactly a barnstormer.
** Put George in those little 4 oz gloves and you'd have murder on your hands.

Don't kid yourself. Jeff was a major natural talent and took on all the black and white contenders of his day from his first day at pro, but he had a very primative style that don't tranlate into the modern era. He was beat up by Corbett and Fitz in their first fights before scoring a late KO.

Peralta was a very underrated, very crafty fighter. 99-9-9 and was tough on heavy contenders like Lyle even in his last fights. I love Jeff who is a very underrated fighter, but stylistically, he'd be whacked out by Foreman in 4 rounds. It'd be a great brawl while it lasted as Jeff would give it his all, but he just never showed he could handle a really big guy and Foreman always blasted out the big guys.
LondonRingRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:56 PM #6
K-DOGG K-DOGG is offline
Mitakuye Oyasin
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 45
Posts: 7,664
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 55
K-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 9,997,791,930.74
Bank: 6,071,908.58
Total Points: 10,003,863,839.32
Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Default

4 ROUNDS??

Can't see it. I'm not saying there's no way for George to win; but that I can't see.
K-DOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:02 PM #7
THE REAL NINJA THE REAL NINJA is offline
Undisputed Champ
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,122
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18665
THE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 203,487.73
Bank: 1,188,596.71
Total Points: 1,392,084.44
Default

thats true i take back what i said about lack of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRingRules
** Put George in those little 4 oz gloves and you'd have murder on your hands.

Don't kid yourself. Jeff was a major natural talent and took on all the black and white contenders of his day from his first day at pro, but he had a very primative style that don't tranlate into the modern era. He was beat up by Corbett and Fitz in their first fights before scoring a late KO.

Peralta was a very underrated, very crafty fighter. 99-9-9 and was tough on heavy contenders like Lyle even in his last fights. I love Jeff who is a very underrated fighter, but stylistically, he'd be whacked out by Foreman in 4 rounds. It'd be a great brawl while it lasted as Jeff would give it his all, but he just never showed he could handle a really big guy and Foreman always blasted out the big guys.
thats true i take back what i said about lack of opponents .But how long would Jeff last with Ali, Frazier, Norton and Holyfield, you just can't compare the two with the time difference in a fair un judgemental way
THE REAL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:18 PM #8
LondonRingRules LondonRingRules is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Republic of Texas, never hear of Muleshoe?
Age: 67
Posts: 1,640
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
LondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 72,551.38
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 72,551.38
A new boxing encyclopedia for your collection. Not that you need it! - BattlingNelson 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenshyrockford
thats true i take back what i said about lack of
thats true i take back what i said about lack of opponents .But how long would Jeff last with Ali, Frazier, Norton and Holyfield, you just can't compare the two with the time difference in a fair un judgemental way
** Under Jeff's rules, Ali would have a tough time because of the little gloves. Ali had fragile hands and they wouldn't give Ali a phoney TKO like he got sometimes. I'd favor Jeff.

Frazier is a managable size to handle, but again, in 4 oz gloves and that trip-hammer left hook, I'd favor Frazier, but anything over 20 goes to Jeff.

Norton would outbox him fairly easily and was strong enough to deal with the clinches. Again, anything over 20 goes to Jeff.

Holy at his best could outbox Jeff, but often Holy had stamina problems, probably as a result of poor steroid use, and Jeff would eat him up anything over 12 rds.

As a modern fighter, Jeff would have to be retrained to beat the best, but under his rules, it takes a big strong slugger like Foreman or puncher/boxer like Norton to beat him.
LondonRingRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:21 PM #9
Frazier's 15th round Frazier's 15th round is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 342
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
Frazier's 15th round has a reputation beyond reputeFrazier's 15th round has a reputation beyond reputeFrazier's 15th round has a reputation beyond reputeFrazier's 15th round has a reputation beyond reputeFrazier's 15th round has a reputation beyond reputeFrazier's 15th round has a reputation beyond reputeFrazier's 15th round has a reputation beyond reputeFrazier's 15th round has a reputation beyond reputeFrazier's 15th round has a reputation beyond reputeFrazier's 15th round has a reputation beyond reputeFrazier's 15th round has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 62,257.95
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 62,257.95
Default

Foreman would punch himself out by round 6, and Jeffries would toy with him before knocking him out in about Round 13.
Frazier's 15th round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:27 PM #10
K-DOGG K-DOGG is offline
Mitakuye Oyasin
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 45
Posts: 7,664
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 55
K-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 9,997,791,930.74
Bank: 6,071,908.58
Total Points: 10,003,863,839.32
Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRingRules
** Under Jeff's rules, Ali would have a tough time because of the little gloves. Ali had fragile hands and they wouldn't give Ali a phoney TKO like he got sometimes. I'd favor Jeff.

Frazier is a managable size to handle, but again, in 4 oz gloves and that trip-hammer left hook, I'd favor Frazier, but anything over 20 goes to Jeff.

Norton would outbox him fairly easily and was strong enough to deal with the clinches. Again, anything over 20 goes to Jeff.

Holy at his best could outbox Jeff, but often Holy had stamina problems, probably as a result of poor steroid use, and Jeff would eat him up anything over 12 rds.

As a modern fighter, Jeff would have to be retrained to beat the best, but under his rules, it takes a big strong slugger like Foreman or puncher/boxer like Norton to beat him.
Ali didn't have fragile hands until after the forced exile. I would definetly favour him to outpoint or TKO Jeff late with little gloves.

Frazier's a toss up. Given both were slow starters and Frazier picked up speed as the fight goest on, I'd almost favour Frazier for a late round stoppage; but, truthfully, this one could go either way because Jeff presents a similar picture to Frazier that Foreman did...the difference being in who starts faster. Got to go with Joe.

With Norton...definetily have to go with Jeff. Norton froze like a deer in headlights anytime he faced a true puncher. Jeff would stop him around the 4th or 5th.

Holyfield would beat Jeff over the 15 round course. Holy was too active and too tough, not to mention faster and a superiour counterpuncher with a great chin. Holy by UD....maybe later round TKO from bustin' Jeff up.

Last edited by K-DOGG; 04-29-2006 at 04:39 PM.
K-DOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.