No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I Want Tapia To Be Smart, Box Lemieux All Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: I Want Tapia To Be Smart, Box Lemieux All Fight

Trainer Freddie Roach will be a busy man this Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Not only will he be working the corner of welterweight Frankie Gomez (who faces Mauricio Herrera), but he will also be guiding Glen Tapia who takes on former IBF middleweight titlist David Lemieux.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Trainer Freddie Roach will be a busy man this Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Not only will he be working the corner of welterweight Frankie Gomez (who faces Mauricio Herrera), but he will also be guiding Glen Tapia who takes on former IBF middleweight titlist David Lemieux.

[Click Here To Read More]
    not happening tapia only knows one way atack and attack roach is not known for a defensive boxer style he could probably show him to use his jab and angles move his head but thats all but to box naahhh hes a reckless warrior like maidana garcia didnt show maidana how to box just to move his head a little and jab bcause maidana is stillmaidana only with more use of jab.

Comment

I'm rooting for Tapia, he grew up the town next to me but I can't see him making it 12 with LeMule.

Comment

Roach is starting to bug me man, he says all the wrong things at all the wrong times... I'm not sure but I think he's losing the plot, the last few years his decision-making and stuff he says, I dunno, maybe I just don't like him or something. But yeah, Tapia's gonna box... good luck with that

Comment

Lemieux's looking skinny, that might not be a good thing. He's going into this fight smaller than Khan.

Comment

Tapia is going to sleep.

Comment

Olliesmiff you realize Tapia coming of ko losses and moving up to this weight for the first time. So how is telling Tapia to box a crude slugger and not fight his fight trading bombs bad advice. You take away the opponents best trait not fall into it of course boxing him is the way to go silly

Comment

Roach needs to retire.

He disarms his own fighters and take away their only chance to win.

First Pascal and now this. Pascal's bread and butter was his awkwardness. What did he do? Completely disarmed Pascal leading into his 2nd biggest fight of his career against Kovalev by trying to turn Pascal into some "boxer".

Now, he's going to disarm Tapia and take away the sluggers only chance to beat Pepe La Pew.

Roach is going to get one of his guys killed. He needs to give it up. He had a good run, but it's over.

Oh yeah, not to mention Cotto. He tried to turn Cotto into some boxer against Canelo when Cotto should've been sitting down on his punches trying to get Canelo outta there. Cotto is a KO artist. You just disarmed him too.
                Last edited by Chollo Vista; 05-03-2016, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Lemieux's looking skinny, that might not be a good thing. He's going into this fight smaller than Khan.

If you think about it all boxers under super middleweight are tiny people. think of a beefy looking 147lbs boxer. they look tiny in person always. lemiuex will look the exact same as he always does in the ring

Comment

Looking how much bigger Tapia is than Lemieux, it's crazy to think he was cutting down to 154 lbs. Makes me think his Soro and Kirkland losses had as much to do with weight cutting as the hard hitting guys he fought.

It could be interesting if his punch resistance at 160 lbs improves significantly, we could get another Lemieux/Rosado type fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X