No announcement yet.

Canelo should go back to 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo should go back to 154

Come on Canelo. You are too afraid of fighting MWs. You are talented, I like you, but you are a bit short for the MW division. You could pull a Cotto and fight a one legged MW or drain/weaken some B/C level MW like Geale.

The only way he can be successful at MW is putting a Chavez jr, which he is very able to do. Chavez jr used to come at 180 after 160 weigh in. Canelo comes at 175-176 after 155. It's the same.. he will come at 180 if he fights at 160.

The difference is that Chavez jr was tall, and he's not.

What does height have to do with anything?

Comment

I agree that the 155 thing is BS. On occasion, to make big fights happen, sure. But, to be a JMW and MW champ and park at 155 is a bad image. He's got a MW belt, and should not be holding it hostage w/ a 155 stipulation. If he wants GGG at 155, no problem, just surrender that MW belt first.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I agree that the 155 thing is BS. On occasion, to make big fights happen, sure. But, to be a JMW and MW champ and park at 155 is a bad image. He's got a MW belt, and should not be holding it hostage w/ a 155 stipulation. If he wants GGG at 155, no problem, just surrender that MW belt first.
        Ok we are now getting closer in our opinions. However, why would we support a fighter 5 pounds heavier than another to request that other fighter to come in even lighter? is that a "no problem" situation?

Reality is that canelo is not THAT good and he heavily relies on weight advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Ok we are now getting closer in our opinions. However, why would we support a fighter 5 pounds heavier than another to request that other fighter to come in even lighter? is that a "no problem" situation?

Reality is that canelo is not THAT good and he heavily relies on weight advantage.
          I'm not saying I think it's "right". Simply that, if he doesn't want to go up, it's his right, his career. It's like when I go to sell an item, I get to offer a price and the buyer can take it, leave it, or counter. He has a valuable item in that he's a star and brings in money. He got bent over the barrel for Mayweather and now he knows how to play that game. What I'm not cool with is him holding the MW belt and negotiating at 155.

If I was a fan of Canelo's I'd actually be more critical of him about not compromising weight against GGG because I think it makes him look weak. But, I don't care about him enough to make those kinds of judgements or be bothered by the image he presents.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
            What does height have to do with anything?
            OP is a ****** that believes in "height" divisions.

Comment

Yea, the 155 thing isn't doing anything for his image.

Comment

he is the a-side, so who cares about the weight?

Comment

Ca$hnelo does as Ca$hnelo pleases. Deal with it, .

Comment

Working...
                  X