Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Mike Tyson, Baby!" Khurtsidze vs Douglas Epic Final Round Pep Talk + K.O. [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mike Tyson, Baby!" Khurtsidze vs Douglas Epic Final Round Pep Talk + K.O. [VIDEO]

In case you missed it, here's the epic, motivational and humorous final round pep talk scene from the Khurtsidze vs Douglas fight last Saturday.

Khurtsidze got into boxing because of Mike Tyson. Here, after getting an appreciative kiss of respect on the forehead from Khurtsidze, the trainer evokes Mike Tyson's name to draw the very best effort out of his fighter, "Mike Tyson, Baby! Mike Tyson!" causing Khurtsidze to passionately repeat the mantra, "Mike Tyson! Iron Mike!", before stepping out to answer the 10th round bell, unleashing a relentless onslaught creating a befitting homage to Tyson in the closing moments...

Last edited by FlatLine; 03-07-2016, 09:48 PM.

You've been copyrighted out, bro.

Comment

The speech he gave like two rounds previously was also funny and well timed. He told him to throw the punch, Douglas' hand was down...and then Khurtsidze comes out and drops Douglas hard almost immediately. I thought Douglas might have maybe held onto to finish the fight before that moment.

Comment

lol. I bet on douglas and knew as he said that it was all over, douglas had been hanging on by a thread for a few round's, you could see the intensity in khurtsidze as soon as he stood up

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
          You've been copyrighted out, bro.
          Damn, they are quick with the copyright auto-block. Had to edit + add some music to get around it but should be working now bro. Not sure for how long though..

Comment

Cool video. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That round card girl.

Holy

Shit.

God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                The speech he gave like two rounds previously was also funny and well timed. He told him to throw the punch, Douglas' hand was down...and then Khurtsidze comes out and drops Douglas hard almost immediately. I thought Douglas might have maybe held onto to finish the fight before that moment.
                Yeah that earlier speech was funny too, that trainer really helped to fire Khurtsidze up. I think Douglas fought completely the wrong the game plan, the fight could have been much closer if he'd just stuck to basic boxing - stick and move - but he must have got the wrong idea and instead got "stuck" to the ropes way too often, although of course Khurtsidze is partly to blame for that. He caught Douglas in the first round with a bomb, backing Douglas up to the ropes and from that point he looked very hesitant for the rest of the fight.

Comment

I guarantee you that is one speech you'll never hear Teddy Atlas use, LOL.

Comment

That was pretty awesome tbf

Comment

Working...
                    X