A good chin has to be devoloped or naturally given to you? - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 01-28-2005, 11:19 PM #1
Power to the People

Quoted: 2747 Post(s)
hectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 87,969,778,609,631,472.00
Total Points: 88,020,723,610,594,800.00
Great job exposing these idiots - thuggery So you can kiss your favorite boxer's butt - ShoulderRoll pepsi on me... - PAC-BOY A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers brotha :afro: - Opinionated 
Some great posts - jas funny anti-pac and anti-floyd troll - jas one of the greats - sugarsmosley hilarious heavyweight pic thread lmao - jas he's one lucky wanker - -jose- 
No Message - PorterIsFuture No Message - Mike D cheers brotha - Mike D For never getting over being banned for "black power flomo". - The Big Dunn for quoting me while having me on ignore despite our agreement which I haven't violated - The Big Dunn 
Vote Trump 2016! - Hype job excellent post! - QuebecSTAR2 Ruben Blades :boxing: - -jose- Trump wins - Freedom. Your Karma Power is Strong - JimRaynor 
Default A good chin has to be devoloped or naturally given to you?

I heard differnt views but when a person starts fighting young and is used to taking punches on the faced and jaw they devolop a chin and get used to getting hit, a boxer has a better chin then your average person, but do you think having a great chin is a gift or does it come from taking punches in training and getting adjusted to it at an early age?

Roy jones never got hit clean and was never used to getting hit on the chin and when he did he got knocked out like a ragdoll I believe cause his chin was never tested or used to getting hit.
hectari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-28-2005, 11:42 PM #2
im a sociable person

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
boxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,257,275.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectari
I heard differnt views but when a person starts fighting young and is used to taking punches on the faced and jaw they devolop a chin and get used to getting hit, a boxer has a better chin then your average person, but do you think having a great chin is a gift or does it come from taking punches in training and getting adjusted to it at an early age?

Roy jones never got hit clean and was never used to getting hit on the chin and when he did he got knocked out like a ragdoll I believe cause his chin was never tested or used to getting hit.
roy jones was hit clean a bunch of times in his career

youc ant devlope a chin because it has nothign to dow ith the chin

its how your brain react to the punches
i know my trainer gives us an excercise where it helps us prepare for getting hits
and to be able to box with shaky dizzy legs

but if you are hti and your brain shuts off(lose contiousness) its nothign you can do

people like mayaorga and gatti take hits because they can see the hits
they have no defense so they are more willing to trade and take hits instead of bob and weave

when you can see the hits your brain can prepare its body for impact and thus you take the hit better than if you didnt see the punch comming

its liek being in a car and you know yoru about to crash you hit the brakes
but if you dont see the crash comming you wind up more damaged than if you braced yourself

so yes you can prepare to take a punch but you cant train youself to have a chin

it has nothing to do with the chin its all about the way the brain reacts
and how the person was punched

the first time roy got hit he was hit flush on his chin that wasnt tucked and was fully exposed
he took the full impact and his brain was moved from side to side

in the johnson fight he got hit in the temple and also took much damage and shots through out the whole fight
so sooner or later the tree was going to fall
boxer2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:26 AM #3
Power to the People

Quoted: 2747 Post(s)
hectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 87,969,778,609,631,472.00
Total Points: 88,020,723,610,594,800.00
Great job exposing these idiots - thuggery So you can kiss your favorite boxer's butt - ShoulderRoll pepsi on me... - PAC-BOY A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers brotha :afro: - Opinionated 
Some great posts - jas funny anti-pac and anti-floyd troll - jas one of the greats - sugarsmosley hilarious heavyweight pic thread lmao - jas he's one lucky wanker - -jose- 
No Message - PorterIsFuture No Message - Mike D cheers brotha - Mike D For never getting over being banned for &quot;black power flomo&quot;. - The Big Dunn for quoting me while having me on ignore despite our agreement which I haven't violated - The Big Dunn 
Vote Trump 2016! - Hype job excellent post! - QuebecSTAR2 Ruben Blades :boxing: - -jose- Trump wins - Freedom. Your Karma Power is Strong - JimRaynor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer2k5
roy jones was hit clean a bunch of times in his career

youc ant devlope a chin because it has nothign to dow ith the chin

its how your brain react to the punches
i know my trainer gives us an excercise where it helps us prepare for getting hits
and to be able to box with shaky dizzy legs

but if you are hti and your brain shuts off(lose contiousness) its nothign you can do

people like mayaorga and gatti take hits because they can see the hits
they have no defense so they are more willing to trade and take hits instead of bob and weave

when you can see the hits your brain can prepare its body for impact and thus you take the hit better than if you didnt see the punch comming

its liek being in a car and you know yoru about to crash you hit the brakes
but if you dont see the crash comming you wind up more damaged than if you braced yourself

so yes you can prepare to take a punch but you cant train youself to have a chin

it has nothing to do with the chin its all about the way the brain reacts
and how the person was punched

the first time roy got hit he was hit flush on his chin that wasnt tucked and was fully exposed
he took the full impact and his brain was moved from side to side

in the johnson fight he got hit in the temple and also took much damage and shots through out the whole fight
so sooner or later the tree was going to fall

Damn! thanks man. That is true about the punch you cant see coming hurts more, but how come fighters can get up from such brutal knock downs like larry holmes when shavers landed that punch, or juan manuel marquez vs pacman?
hectari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:00 PM #4
The Human Keg

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
m00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond reputem00ks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,731,058.04
Total Points: 6,799,523.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectari
Damn! thanks man. That is true about the punch you cant see coming hurts more, but how come fighters can get up from such brutal knock downs like larry holmes when shavers landed that punch, or juan manuel marquez vs pacman?
Sheer will.
m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:45 PM #5
undisputed champion

marvelous_TG has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous_TG has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous_TG has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous_TG has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous_TG has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous_TG has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous_TG has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous_TG has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous_TG has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous_TG has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous_TG has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 49,885.25

It's a natural think but you can work on it by devolping a strong neck like tyson, holyfield.
marvelous_TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:24 PM #6
Contender

pug1986 is infamous around these partspug1986 is infamous around these partspug1986 is infamous around these partspug1986 is infamous around these partspug1986 is infamous around these partspug1986 is infamous around these partspug1986 is infamous around these partspug1986 is infamous around these partspug1986 is infamous around these partspug1986 is infamous around these partspug1986 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 16,723.00

also, when mayorga takes shots, he keeps his chin tucked in, that has alot to do with it.
pug1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:05 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Floydmayweather has a reputation beyond reputeFloydmayweather has a reputation beyond reputeFloydmayweather has a reputation beyond reputeFloydmayweather has a reputation beyond reputeFloydmayweather has a reputation beyond reputeFloydmayweather has a reputation beyond reputeFloydmayweather has a reputation beyond reputeFloydmayweather has a reputation beyond reputeFloydmayweather has a reputation beyond reputeFloydmayweather has a reputation beyond reputeFloydmayweather has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 46,983.18

Its a combination of things will power, neck strengh, and some guys just take shots better because of bone structure. If u dont see a punch coming it does seem to hurt alot more.
Floydmayweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:42 PM #8
Amateur

johndavi will become famous soon enoughjohndavi will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 12,140.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydmayweather
Its a combination of things will power, neck strengh, and some guys just take shots better because of bone structure. If u dont see a punch coming it does seem to hurt alot more.
I agree Floyd, but believe the ability to take a good punch is "mostly" biological. Some fella's are just born that way for whatever physical reason, whether it be bone structure, jaw thickness, neck muscle structure, nerve insulation or various combinations of all the above. Bottom line, some fighters take better punches than others.

I always felt if we could have a fighter with Tysons ferocity, Holmes left jab, Shavers right hand, Ali's footwork, PBF's dazling hand speed, Morrisons left hook and Tex Cobbs chin, well . . . you get the idea (-;
johndavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:47 PM #9
I to your mom..

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
jack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,134,964.28
Total Points: 90,744,869.11
thanks for helping me dig it - boxing_prospect a bribe to red k wlad owns and to tell him it's from i am ike. lol - i am ike since you feel ill , player. an apple a day keep the doctor away. - i am ike here swallow all these pills and it'll help you throw up. - i am ike please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 
One of boxingscene's best - BostonGuy For the new boxingscene millionaire... Oh i forgot hook me some of your good K mate.... - FasTHarD Best Poster On Boxingscene! - Dorian THE GOAT - RJJ The Truth To a fellow dark mind. - Mizzou 
to the most sick minded individual to ever step foot in BoxingScene...we await your return jackula...mwahahahaa - BritishBoxing92 Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 

Boxing would be a pretty boring sport..
jack_the_rippuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 09:24 PM #10
Contender

TysonForeman has a reputation beyond reputeTysonForeman has a reputation beyond reputeTysonForeman has a reputation beyond reputeTysonForeman has a reputation beyond reputeTysonForeman has a reputation beyond reputeTysonForeman has a reputation beyond reputeTysonForeman has a reputation beyond reputeTysonForeman has a reputation beyond reputeTysonForeman has a reputation beyond reputeTysonForeman has a reputation beyond reputeTysonForeman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 35,320.00

LOL, that's a good comment by Jack. It's fun to think about "Ultimate Boxer" type guys, but if a guy was indestructible and could knock out anyone with 1 punch, his fights would be INSANELY boring. You can only see so many 5 second fights before it gets boring, and if a guy had Cobb's chin, Ali's speed, Shaver's Punch, and Tyson's aggression, then every fight would be over in 10 seconds at the most.
TysonForeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List