When should you start to train in boxing? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-28-2005, 09:11 PM
hectari
Power to the People

Quoted: 2190 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5860 hectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 49,536,864,957,992,992.00
Total Points: 49,587,809,958,808,864.00
Great job exposing these idiots - thuggery So you can kiss your favorite boxer's butt - ShoulderRoll pepsi on me... - PAC-BOY A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers brotha :afro: - Opinionated 
Some great posts - jas funny anti-pac and anti-floyd troll - jas one of the greats - sugarsmosley hilarious heavyweight pic thread lmao - jas he's one lucky wanker - -jose- 
No Message - PorterIsFuture No Message - Mike D cheers brotha - Mike D For never getting over being banned for "black power flomo". - The Big Dunn for quoting me while having me on ignore despite our agreement which I haven't violated - The Big Dunn 
Vote Trump 2016! - Hype job excellent post! - QuebecSTAR2 Ruben Blades :boxing: - -jose- 
Default When should you start to train in boxing?

I heard in order to be the best fighter you have to train fighters from a very young age like 6 years old, so that they have better reflexes and it becomes natural to them just like riding a bike.

But when is it to late to start learning to box? I heard rocky marciano started fighting professional when he was 21! and that guy nate campbell started at 27??I heard kermit cintron just started boxing when he was 19.

is it possible or do you have to train young?

can you name some late starters?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-28-2005, 09:41 PM
cms
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 32 cms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 26,199.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectari
I heard in order to be the best fighter you have to train fighters from a very young age like 6 years old, so that they have better reflexes and it becomes natural to them just like riding a bike.

But when is it to late to start learning to box? I heard rocky marciano started fighting professional when he was 21! and that guy nate campbell started at 27??I heard kermit cintron just started boxing when he was 19.

is it possible or do you have to train young?

can you name some late starters?
umm ali started when he was 12, if you consider that late, and i started when i was 11 lol
Old 01-28-2005, 10:02 PM
hectari
Power to the People

Rep Power: 5860 hectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond repute
Great job exposing these idiots - thuggery So you can kiss your favorite boxer's butt - ShoulderRoll pepsi on me... - PAC-BOY A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers brotha :afro: - Opinionated 
Some great posts - jas funny anti-pac and anti-floyd troll - jas one of the greats - sugarsmosley hilarious heavyweight pic thread lmao - jas he's one lucky wanker - -jose- 
No Message - PorterIsFuture No Message - Mike D cheers brotha - Mike D For never getting over being banned for &quot;black power flomo&quot;. - The Big Dunn for quoting me while having me on ignore despite our agreement which I haven't violated - The Big Dunn 
Vote Trump 2016! - Hype job excellent post! - QuebecSTAR2 Ruben Blades :boxing: - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cms
umm ali started when he was 12, if you consider that late, and i started when i was 11 lol
^naw that is early! I think that is a good time to train. but what about when you start later does it affect your reflexes?
Old 01-28-2005, 10:03 PM
ShotgunSeanK
Contender

Rep Power: 0 ShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these partsShotgunSeanK is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 16,050.00

it's never too late. if george foreman won the world title at 45, anything's possible.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Raekwon
Contender

Rep Power: 12 Raekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond reputeRaekwon has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 21,476.35
Send a message via MSN to Raekwon

thing is u can be **** at boxing and start at 6 yrs old train for years but not become great, or you might never train boxing till your teens, start up and find out that your a great talent, trainng helps but natural talent comes into it big time, also commitment, desire and hard work help as well as a good technical mind
Old 01-28-2005, 10:36 PM
boxer2k5
im a sociable person

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23 boxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,254,497.65

thers no late or early time

its jsut the right time

you migth start young but at a young age yoru nto able to assorb all the knowledge because your nto yet able to comprehend and communicate was if you was a early adult

but if you start late you can learn fast but your also racign against time

its better to catch as early as possible but getting them late doesnt mean they have no chance
being that they are older it means they are in the gym because they want to be there not because their parents signed them up

its because they want to be there and they know hwo to push themselves and arent knuckleheads like the little kdis

the odler guys see the other experienced guys and want to be at that level
they know they started late so there isnt any time for games

they are able to communicate with their trainer better as well
Old 01-28-2005, 10:48 PM
jack_the_rippuh
I to your mom..

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21556 jack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,363,140.39
Total Points: 89,959,461.43
thanks for helping me dig it - boxing_prospect a bribe to red k wlad owns and to tell him it's from i am ike. lol - i am ike since you feel ill , player. an apple a day keep the doctor away. - i am ike here swallow all these pills and it'll help you throw up. - i am ike please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 
One of boxingscene's best - BostonGuy For the new boxingscene millionaire... Oh i forgot hook me some of your good K mate.... - FasTHarD Best Poster On Boxingscene! - Dorian THE GOAT - RJJ The Truth To a fellow dark mind. - Mizzou 
to the most sick minded individual to ever step foot in BoxingScene...we await your return jackula...mwahahahaa - BritishBoxing92 Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 

Jameel McCline started really late, also, but he sucks..
Old 01-28-2005, 10:48 PM
rsl
Banned

Rep Power: 0 rsl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond reputersl has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 58,813.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer2k5

its jsut the right time

you migth start young but at a young age yoru nto able to assorb all the knowledge because your nto yet able to comprehend and communicate was if you was a early adult

its better to catch as early as possible but getting them late doesnt mean they have no chance
being that they are older it means they are in the gym because they want to be there not because their parents signed them up

its because they want to be there and they know hwo to push themselves and arent knuckleheads like the little kdis

" There's no early or late time, just the right time " I somewhat agree, it also depends on how far do you wanna go in the sport, if one is serious then I think the earlier the better, I use to be an assistant trainer and w/ my own personal experience kids and teenagers generally pick it up alot faster than adults(strongest indicator is an individual's athletic ability).... Some have already posted and made an example of George Foreman, which doesn't make any sense at all, Foreman has been boxing way back when.... He didn't have to start from scratch.

Last edited by rsl; 01-28-2005 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:53 PM
puppy_dogg
1053R

Rep Power: 21495 puppy_dogg has a reputation beyond reputepuppy_dogg has a reputation beyond reputepuppy_dogg has a reputation beyond reputepuppy_dogg has a reputation beyond reputepuppy_dogg has a reputation beyond reputepuppy_dogg has a reputation beyond reputepuppy_dogg has a reputation beyond reputepuppy_dogg has a reputation beyond reputepuppy_dogg has a reputation beyond reputepuppy_dogg has a reputation beyond reputepuppy_dogg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,158.00

its a scientific fact that children learn things faster than adults anyway because they dont have to worry about life, bills, family etc. earlier the better but i agree with the comment about natural talent, part of you has to be a natural fighter if your gonna be the best
Old 01-28-2005, 11:29 PM
hectari
Power to the People

No Message - PorterIsFuture No Message - Mike D cheers brotha - Mike D For never getting over being banned for &quot;black power flomo&quot;. - The Big Dunn for quoting me while having me on ignore despite our agreement which I haven't violated - The Big Dunn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer2k5

its jsut the right time

Cause if you hear how denzel and robert de niro trained for a year to protray fighters but the trainers said they trained them to fight in real fights.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List