No announcement yet.

Has anyone watched Heat with Al Pacino and Robert De Niro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone watched Heat with Al Pacino and Robert De Niro

What a bad ass movie, anyone else seen it. It's the scene used in this epic Mayweather - Pacquiao promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXZ5VoVu9Q4

Yes, its an excellent film.

If you really liked it, I'd recommend checking out Michael Manns first film as well: THIEF

Comment

i was actually kind of disappointed. maybe my expectations were just too high going in.

de niro opposite pacino in a heist movie had me thinking it was going to be one of my all time favorites, which it wasnt. it wasnt even one of my favorite pacino or de niro flicks. still wasnt a bad movie at all, just not as great as i had hoped.

Comment

I liked it a lot more when I was younger, now I just find it over the top. That scene you referenced is so bull****, nobody talks like that in those situations. It's too contrived for my liking. There's some great action scenes in it though.

Comment

Brilliant movie.

Comment

Yep, the face to face with DeNiro and Pacino is the movies most famous scene.

Comment

I'm amazed at the people replying "yes" to this. I thought Heat was an obscure, cult movie that only a dozen people in Czechoslovakia had heard of.

Good thread, well done you.

Comment

Thanks for all your responses, it's been good reading everyone's different opinions on the film.

Comment

Has anyone heard that two planes crashed into the World Trade Centre?

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    i was actually kind of disappointed. maybe my expectations were just too high going in.

de niro opposite pacino in a heist movie had me thinking it was going to be one of my all time favorites, which it wasnt. it wasnt even one of my favorite pacino or de niro flicks. still wasnt a bad movie at all, just not as great as i had hoped.
                    exact same way I felt, not a bad movie just was missing something imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X