No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weeks to Ref Stiverne-Wilder; Judges Also Named

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weeks to Ref Stiverne-Wilder; Judges Also Named

Respected referee Tony Weeks will be the third man in the ring for this Saturday’s heavyweight title bout between World Boxing Council beltholder Bermane Stiverne and mandatory challenger Deontay Wilder at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The Nevada Athletic Commission also unanimously approved Adalaide Byrd, Jerry Roth and Craig Metcalfe as the judges.

Weeks has been in the ring for one of Stiverne’s fights, a 2009 win over Jerry Butler, and has never worked a bout with Wilder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

weeks is ok

Comment

weeks is garbage. a yes man there to protect a-sides. see-garcia-matthysse. he will do everything in his power so wilder wins. hopefully someone gets knocked out cold so his corruption doesn't effect the fight.

Comment

i disagree bud.....floyd v miadana 1 weeks let rabbit punches groin shots & knees to the crotch slide....results in a bayless sub in fight 2

Comment

I think Weeks is a solid ref. He usually does a good job. Love how he handled Mayweather Maidana pt 1.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            weeks is garbage. a yes man there to protect a-sides. see-garcia-matthysse. he will do everything in his power so wilder wins. hopefully someone gets knocked out cold so his corruption doesn't effect the fight.
            i disagree bud.....floyd v miadana 1 weeks let rabbit punches groin shots & knees to the crotch slide....results in a bayless sub in fight 2

Comment

Protect A-sides? He didn't protect Floyd much did he?
              Weeks is the best ref IMO. Let's fighters fight.

Comment

I like Weeks. One of the best out there IMO

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
                  Protect A-sides? He didn't protect Floyd much did he?
                  Weeks is the best ref IMO. Let's fighters fight.
                  he clearly protected floyd. he let him hold and elbow maidana constantly to create space to punch. holding and using elbows were part of a strategy that helped floyd win. the couple fouls maidana did were out of frustation(because floyd kept cheating) and in no way helped him win the fight while floyd's fouls allowed him to win the fight. big difference.

Comment

he clearly protected floyd. he let him hold and elbow maidana constantly to create space to punch. holding and using elbows were part of a strategy that helped floyd win. the couple fouls maidana did were out of frustation(because floyd kept cheating) and in no way helped him win the fight while floyd's fouls allowed him to win the fight. big difference.
                    i agree weeks is garbage but he dnt protect a-sides: he needs to get rid of that flatop too

Comment

Working...
                    X