Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-02-2014, 07:37 PM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,094,053,057.78
16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler 
unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 
Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 
for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas 
Post Comments Thread For: Hopkins To Kovalev: Forget Oscar, Take it Out on Me!

It goes without saying that promoter Kathy Duva has done a masterful job in guiding the career of unbeaten light heavyweight Sergey Kovalev. In a span of two years, her Main Events promotional company has guided the Russian knockout artist from showcast spots on NBC Sports Network to championship fights and a headlining attraction on cable giant HBO.

However, it was Kovalev who revealed a little secret during a recent press conference to promote his November 8 unification bout with Bernard Hopkins at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. The event, which will air live on HBO, will be co-promoted by Main Events and Golden Boy Promotions, but it turns out that Golden Boy could’ve had Kovalev all to itself once upon a time.
[Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-02-2014, 08:29 PM
big_james10
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 big_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond reputebig_james10 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,127,103.71

Anybody who has ever played any kind of sport thinks he the next Michael Jordan or Sugar Ray Robinson. When Kovalev made these comments to De La Hoya, he was a nobody trying to become somebody. He is still a nobody trying to become somebody and the only reason he has received the type of buildup that he has is because HBO stupidly decided to stop doing business with GBP after they lost Floyd Mayweather to Showtime. HBO did not have the GBP fighters to showcase, so they had to showcase the second-tier talent like Kovalev. He made the most of his opportunity. That is great for him.

On another note, at the time Kovalev approached Oscar, Oscar was not in charge of GBP. He was nothing more than a figurehead who collected the checks and spent all of his money on cocaine. So, Oscar had no authority to sign Kovalev at the time.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:45 PM
beez721
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 30 beez721 has a reputation beyond reputebeez721 has a reputation beyond reputebeez721 has a reputation beyond reputebeez721 has a reputation beyond reputebeez721 has a reputation beyond reputebeez721 has a reputation beyond reputebeez721 has a reputation beyond reputebeez721 has a reputation beyond reputebeez721 has a reputation beyond reputebeez721 has a reputation beyond reputebeez721 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 126,671.79
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_james10 View Post
Anybody who has ever played any kind of sport thinks he the next Michael Jordan or Sugar Ray Robinson. When Kovalev made these comments to De La Hoya, he was a nobody trying to become somebody. He is still a nobody trying to become somebody and the only reason he has received the type of buildup that he has is because HBO stupidly decided to stop doing business with GBP after they lost Floyd Mayweather to Showtime. HBO did not have the GBP fighters to showcase, so they had to showcase the second-tier talent like Kovalev. He made the most of his opportunity. That is great for him.

On another note, at the time Kovalev approached Oscar, Oscar was not in charge of GBP. He was nothing more than a figurehead who collected the checks and spent all of his money on cocaine. So, Oscar had no authority to sign Kovalev at the time.
sounded like hops was making more of an issue of it than kovalev was anyway. anything to help hype the fight I guess
Old 09-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Mr. Philadel
#215Boxing

Location: Everywhere you NEVER BEEN....I'm better than I've EVER BEEN!
Rep Power: 66 Mr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,027,236,698,742.99
Total Points: 1,069,137,402,969.12
Vodka &amp;amp; Red Bull for ya! - BattlingNelson for the green homey - NewYork For a super poster! - jazluvr hopkins finna whoop pascal AGAIN - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner 
No Message - arraamis respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Awesome post on Miguel Cotto...cheers! - jose830 Great post bro! keep up the good work. - codey 
just cause you a philly boy - SpeedKillz Real recognize real. - SnakeVen0m Happy New Year - Freedom. philly swagg, walking BK outta the house - thuggery Team Swift all day! - KeepItObjective 
A+ poster,one of the very best. - Scott.Weiland. war bhop! - jas Congrats on the baby girl :fing02: - -jose- Good look - Shambrolic bhop &gt; kovalev - jas 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

Quote:

Great post
Old 09-02-2014, 09:14 PM
bigjavi973
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 bigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 164,060,599,446.47
Total Points: 201,069,070,689,009.69
Good poster - jas Enjoy! - -jose- dont red k me homie, lol, heres a gift, - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:

Im picking hopkins to win this fight cuz i never seen him get hurt, but dont sleep on kovalev. He's a solid boxer with power and doesnt throw bolo shots like pavlik did.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Slick Veteran
Banned

Bank: 768,892.56
Total Points: 1,339,383.24

Quote:

All that needs to be said.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:13 PM
-Kev-
Hype Beast

Rep Power: 109 -Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,292,547,935,992.22
Total Points: 43,292,548,080,486.31
thx m8! heres another good fruit for your smoothy - negged Here's for the 15K bro. - led* One more. Just don't tell your mom. - led* Early birthday shout. Have a great one, bro. - Libido Sanchez Best of the best - BoxingGenius27 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier 
Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily Lol @ image. - FeFist 
Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant lol - -jose- &lt;3 u bro - sugarsmosley I'm still here... u still mad :lol1: - Hype job 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian 

I'ma go up to Oscar and tell him to sign me, i'm the next big thing and he will regret it if he doesn't sign me. Hopefully he takes my word for it.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:43 AM
Pound4PoundStud
Contender

Rep Power: 8 Pound4PoundStud has a reputation beyond reputePound4PoundStud has a reputation beyond reputePound4PoundStud has a reputation beyond reputePound4PoundStud has a reputation beyond reputePound4PoundStud has a reputation beyond reputePound4PoundStud has a reputation beyond reputePound4PoundStud has a reputation beyond reputePound4PoundStud has a reputation beyond reputePound4PoundStud has a reputation beyond reputePound4PoundStud has a reputation beyond reputePound4PoundStud has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,785.81

What Kovalev fails to realize was that he approached a "high" Oscar that day so you have to forgive him, he wasn't in his right mind obviously.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:46 AM
E. O. Wilson
Banned

Rep Power: 0 E. O. Wilson has a brilliant futureE. O. Wilson has a brilliant futureE. O. Wilson has a brilliant futureE. O. Wilson has a brilliant futureE. O. Wilson has a brilliant futureE. O. Wilson has a brilliant futureE. O. Wilson has a brilliant futureE. O. Wilson has a brilliant futureE. O. Wilson has a brilliant futureE. O. Wilson has a brilliant futureE. O. Wilson has a brilliant future
Bank: 537,791,654,686,086.25
Total Points: 537,791,655,649,148.19

Seems like a small casual memory of Kovalev's being turned into a lame hype storyline. He just said he remembers talking to Oscar before he got big... OK.

It's a good fight on its own merit they don't need a forced sideplot.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Koba-Grozny
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 5 Koba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant future
Total Points: 200,000,027,135.62
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnunakiJesus View Post
Seems like a small casual memory of Kovalev's being turned into a lame hype storyline. He just said he remembers talking to Oscar before he got big... OK.

It's a good fight on its own merit they don't need a forced sideplot.
This ^. It's a non-story. Klimas took Kovalev round all the significant promotions early in his US career and non of them wanted him. Even Duva took a bit of convincing (the Lonnie B fight) by all accounts. It's the story of many, probably most fighters... slugging their way round the circuit til they get talent spotted and picked up by a name promoter. It's only a small minority who luck out enough to get picked up very early in their careers.

Kovalev didn't have an easy path, but he eventually lucked out with the FNF slot which bought him to the attention of Duva, and then the title shot Vs Cleverly.

Knock enough guys out, though, and people will start to pay attention, so I guess it ain't all luck.