Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 06-21-2014, 01:13 AM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,179,327.27
Total Points: 120,119,292,178.31
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 
Default Scott Coker Took Over Bellator?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=mma

Did you guys hear about this? Is this a good or bad thing? Any idea why Rebney left Bellator? Is Coker likable or another douche like Rebney and White?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-21-2014, 02:16 AM
-Swizzy-
The Bad Guy

Rep Power: 29 -Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,635,803,230,398.73
Total Points: 9,636,803,625,260.94
tua ko4 over arreola. tua ko8 over peter. war tua!!! - Left Hook Tua so i'm just a big joke to you eh? lmao - Left Hook Tua thanks. i'm quite a post whore. - Left Hook Tua thanks for supporting my thread mate - D E M Dz A here's another beer for being generous - D E M Dz A 
and something to eat with those beers...cheers mate you deserved it - D E M Dz A happy new year , canuck. - Left Hook Tua youre one of the best basketball knowledgable posters, youre a lebron fan but  you still cool - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Rebney clashed with Viacom. Even after Viacom bought the company from him he still acted like the owner.

Coker was the one who built up the last promotion(Strikeforce) to almost give UFC a run for its money. At least closer than any company since PRIDE. But I think he just got lucky with that company and the talent he acquired. I don't think he's going to have the same luck this time with Bellator. UFC is way bigger now and has way more head of steam then they did back then.

At that time Strikeforce was on network tv and UFC was still mostly PPV with the occasional spike card. With UFC's deal now with Fox I don't think Bellator stands a chance. That is if Viacom continues to not put their full resources behind the company which appears they are still not willing to do.

BUT having said all that, I think Bellator will be in better shape with Coker than they were with Rebney. Coker already got rid of the tournament system and they are planning to reduce the events. That should stabilize the promotion at least for the short term.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:20 AM
Bullrush
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Bullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,188,365,559.73
Total Points: 2,268,418,500.10

Monopoly here we come. UFC is gonna buy them up real soon, the way they always do when somebody starts threatening them and since Dana that fat bozo is getting along with Coker this was just a move to start the purchasing process in the near future. MMA fans getting ****ed in the ass by the UFC as always. enjoy
Old 06-21-2014, 04:29 AM
-2 Scrappy-
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 -2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,922,032,127,284.09
Total Points: 4,922,032,132,507.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Swizzy- View Post
Rebney clashed with Viacom. Even after Viacom bought the company from him he still acted like the owner.

Coker was the one who built up the last promotion(Strikeforce) to almost give UFC a run for its money. At least closer than any company since PRIDE. But I think he just got lucky with that company and the talent he acquired. I don't think he's going to have the same luck this time with Bellator. UFC is way bigger now and has way more head of steam then they did back then.

At that time Strikeforce was on network tv and UFC was still mostly PPV with the occasional spike card. With UFC's deal now with Fox I don't think Bellator stands a chance. That is if Viacom continues to not put their full resources behind the company which appears they are still not willing to do.

BUT having said all that, I think Bellator will be in better shape with Coker than they were with Rebney. Coker already got rid of the tournament system and they are planning to reduce the events. That should stabilize the promotion at least for the short term.
Why is it a positive to get rid of the tournaments? It was the best thing about them because it was unique. They only screwed it up by starting with these instant rematches. The only necessary rematch was Chandler-Alvarez because they are the #1-2 fighters in the company and the fight was the only fight IMO to rival Shogun-Hendo 1 that year and it even happened on the same night!

They built stars with their tournaments, but giving out rematches hurt their credibility as they tried to force feed us Pat Curran when he got beat. That rematch was a sick fight but was completely unnecessary as Strauss beat him clean. It could of waited until Curran won a tournament.