Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-16-2014, 03:50 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,092,874,723.09
16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler 
unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 
Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 
for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas 
Post Comments Thread For: Fighting Words: Algieri Wins Clash of Styles, Lifestyles

by David P. Greisman - Ruslan Provodnikov and Chris Algieri were not just opponents, but opposites as well. They were so different in so many ways, several of which strongly suggested that Provodnikov would win when they fought this past Saturday at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Provodnikov’s background is a Russian nesting doll of harshness. He is an ethnic minority in a small town in a district of western Siberia that on average has less than one person per square mile. His upbringing was difficult, and for a time his future seemed as bleak as his environment.

“I’ve had a very tough life,” Provodnikov said a week before the Algieri fight, with his manager serving as translator. “The way I was brought up and what I had to go through, for me I think it was unimaginable, and I wouldn’t want to go through it again.”

He didn’t want to get too deep into what he had gone through. It would be hard to understand, he said. But he was more open about where he would be if not for boxing.

“I think I would be in jail, it’s 100 percent,” he said with a smile. “It was going towards that. I was on the way. All my friends that I was growing up with, I don’t know where they are. Most of them are in jail, or I don’t even know where they are. I was drinking. I was sniffing glue. I was stealing. I was doing everything that leads a person to get to jail when I was a kid.”

Boxing has long been a sport that attracts the poor. Their energy is directed away from the violence, crime and desperation around them, and they are willing to endure years of pain and discipline in a sport that requires both. As Marvin Hagler was famous for saying, it can be hard to get out of bed early in the morning to run several miles if you’re sleeping in silk pajamas. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-16-2014, 07:01 AM
Boxinganalysis
Amateur

Total Points: 803.82

Nothing in boxing makes my blood boil more than calling a good BOXER a runner. If you want to be a dumbass and suffer brain damage in the name of "toughness" go ahead but don't then call a skillful boxer a runner. Lost all respect for him. Also Provo was a alcoholic, glue sniffer, thief ? So what then...we're supposed to be happy he turned it around? Piss off with that sob story bull****. You chose to do those things. His mother shouldn't be so proud either. She obviously failed as a parent.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:46 PM
bigjavi973
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 bigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond reputebigjavi973 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 131,947,876,306.29
Total Points: 201,031,957,956,605.91
Good poster - jas Enjoy! - -jose- dont red k me homie, lol, heres a gift, - Tha_Greatest 

I didnt know throwing hundreds of feather punches can win you the fight. Also, that fight shouldve have been stopped cuz by the 11th you couldnt even see the white in his eyes it was so shut.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:56 PM
SUBZER0ED
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 SUBZER0ED has a reputation beyond reputeSUBZER0ED has a reputation beyond reputeSUBZER0ED has a reputation beyond reputeSUBZER0ED has a reputation beyond reputeSUBZER0ED has a reputation beyond reputeSUBZER0ED has a reputation beyond reputeSUBZER0ED has a reputation beyond reputeSUBZER0ED has a reputation beyond reputeSUBZER0ED has a reputation beyond reputeSUBZER0ED has a reputation beyond reputeSUBZER0ED has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,523,625.67
No Message - Sugar Booger go crazy - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxinganalysis View Post
Nothing in boxing makes my blood boil more than calling a good BOXER a runner. If you want to be a dumbass and suffer brain damage in the name of "toughness" go ahead but don't then call a skillful boxer a runner. Lost all respect for him. Also Provo was a alcoholic, glue sniffer, thief ? So what then...we're supposed to be happy he turned it around? Piss off with that sob story bull****. You chose to do those things. His mother shouldn't be so proud either. She obviously failed as a parent.
Your'e coming down on Provodnikov because of his past? The man has turned his life around to become a respectable fighter. You only know those things about him because he revealed them. You don't know what his life was like, or how his mother tried to raise him. I'm sure you're as pure as the driven snow, though.

As for the fight, Provo chased Algieri all night. One doesn't have to run in order to box. There's bobbing, weaving, feinting, movement and countering. Algieri ran more than he did any of those things. Provo was the champion, yet had to chase the challenger down! Despite that, Ruslan caused the greater damage and should have been awarded the victory.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:18 PM
hitking
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 hitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,144,791.07
Gay and Lesbian Pride - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjavi973 View Post
I didnt know throwing hundreds of feather punches can win you the fight. Also, that fight shouldve have been stopped cuz by the 11th you couldnt even see the white in his eyes it was so shut.
This actually makes Provo's performance even more pathetic. He couldn't beat a half blind fighter that can't punch
Old 06-16-2014, 11:13 PM
Pigeons
Great White Hope

Rep Power: 6 Pigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,514,536,265,751.92
Total Points: 7,514,536,265,897.14

Good for Algieri. Shows ability means more than upbringing.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:18 PM
fceeviper
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 fceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,046,374.51

I love Jim Lampley's reaction at the end of the fight he thinking it was a straight up robbery scoring, ahhaha idiot! Ward was like, um Jim take off your HBO bias goggles.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:31 PM
Beercules
Milana Vayntrub

Rep Power: 45 Beercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,774,280,034.89
Total Points: 2,006,985,953,688,220.75
Bingo....Floyd is buying off USADA (no greens this 24 hrs) - mathed No Message - Beercules No Message - Beercules No Message - Beercules I love you - Beercules 
Cheers for your 1 year - led Happy 1st - -jose- A beer for the beer bro's 1 yr - DonMega Happy 1st year bro, cheers! :-) - Tyler_Durden Glad all is well with your father. Have a beer. - BulgariasFinest 
Glad to hear your pops is ok. Stay strong young beercules. - DonMega Head up keep strong - Badzi87 I love pizza - Beercules Couldn't green you again bro! Have a b - HughJass I love me - Beercules 
Supaaaaa - Beercules welcome back kid - led I love me - Beercules Top man and poster,welcome back - HughJass Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Gay and Lesbian Pride - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - jas 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Really impressed with Aligeris up bringing.

Didn't know he has a masters and all that. I followed him on Instagram and the dude eats extremely healthy.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:23 AM
Cinci Champ
Subliminal

Rep Power: 11 Cinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,975,360,200,999.10
Total Points: 19,510,243,280,519.29
Good player on fantasy betting - valero a dollar is what you need - sugarsmosley No Message - J-champ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
Your'e coming down on Provodnikov because of his past? The man has turned his life around to become a respectable fighter. You only know those things about him because he revealed them. You don't know what his life was like, or how his mother tried to raise him. I'm sure you're as pure as the driven snow, though.

As for the fight, Provo chased Algieri all night. One doesn't have to run in order to box. There's bobbing, weaving, feinting, movement and countering. Algieri ran more than he did any of those things. Provo was the champion, yet had to chase the challenger down! Despite that, Ruslan caused the greater damage and should have been awarded the victory.
he caused all the damage u cant just ignore all swinging and missing by provo and all rounds algeiri won. i think people are just in shock that like provo. man pac would eat him alive