Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-10-2014, 02:40 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,094,467,420.03
To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus 
Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 Apple for Pump - Poor Lad 
Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 
happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- Merry Christmas - TBear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas 
Post Comments Thread For: Foolish Pick Opens Door To Super Fight Possibilities

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Itís one thing to be wrong.

Itís another thing to be so preposterously wrong that you breathe deeply and thank God for the restraint that kept you from making a really stupid wager on what you saw as a sure thing.

Such was the case with me, Miguel Cotto and Sergio Martinez on Saturday night.

As you might have read in this space last week, I had no doubts heading into the weekend.

The reigning middleweight champion was bigger, stronger, faster, more accomplished and simply itching for the chance to take a few nicely-compensated whacks at a guy he considered an A-side diva.

I got to the Garden, sat inches above an ice-cold slab through undercard bouts that were intermittently titillating and trance-inducing, and waited for my Tuesday morning forecast to be proven prescient.

In fact, as a colleague arrived in the media section just a few seconds before the opening bell and asked who I liked, I dropped my pen, leaned to my right and said, ďTo be honest, I think Sergio kicks his ass.Ē

A minute later, the champ was on the floor Ö and I was frantically texting my wife to promise I hadnít gone through with the boast I made as I headed for the airport Ė that Iíd ďbet the houseĒ on Sergio.

After all, to be proven a fool is one thing.

To be left a homeless fool because of it is quite another.

Still, now that a few days have passed and the initial shock has faded, I actually would have a hard time being happier that Cotto took care of his business. Iíve been a fan of his for many years, have always found him cordial, professional and accommodating with his interviews and have long considered him to be one of the truly decent guys both in and out of the ring.

He may have been a diva, but he certainly proved his point.

And now that heís done so, my heartís been set to racing as I ponder what might be next. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-10-2014, 03:07 AM
drenlou
p4p

Rep Power: 16 drenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,087,910,445,931,929.25
first one is one me. - Aztekkas Una chela bien fria para el carnalito, puros Vatos Locos homie. - Aztekkas No Message - drenlou No Message - drenlou No Message - drenlou 
No Message - drenlou No Message - drenlou 

Every martinez fan was proven a fool and though they are too prideful to admit they were wrong, they come up with excuses to stay face!!! The fans like myself who rode with cotto up until the fight look like geniuses are still not given any credit becuz all the crap they talked before the fight like cotto is gonna get murdered blah blah blah are now saying "oh his knee thiz his knee that, he was old" blah blah blah!! Man up martinez fans, this is the internet it aint serious you cant cash that green k, none of that!! B real thats it!! Hate it or luv it i really dont care!!!
Old 06-10-2014, 03:12 AM
ElMeroChingon
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 ElMeroChingon has a reputation beyond reputeElMeroChingon has a reputation beyond reputeElMeroChingon has a reputation beyond reputeElMeroChingon has a reputation beyond reputeElMeroChingon has a reputation beyond reputeElMeroChingon has a reputation beyond reputeElMeroChingon has a reputation beyond reputeElMeroChingon has a reputation beyond reputeElMeroChingon has a reputation beyond reputeElMeroChingon has a reputation beyond reputeElMeroChingon has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,001,020,158,719.39
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier una chela bien helada........... - bigsmoothh heres a medal for dominating at life - sugarsmosley 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by drenlou View Post
Every martinez fan was proven a fool and though they are too prideful to admit they were wrong, they come up with excuses to stay face!!! The fans like myself who rode with cotto up until the fight look like geniuses are still not given any credit becuz all the crap they talked before the fight like cotto is gonna get murdered blah blah blah are now saying "oh his knee thiz his knee that, he was old" blah blah blah!! Man up martinez fans, this is the internet it aint serious you cant cash that green k, none of that!! B real thats it!! Hate it or luv it i really dont care!!!
Lol, everyone knew his injuries would give Cotto a shot, and thats what it turned out to be.

Whats your point,
Old 06-10-2014, 03:15 AM
drenlou
p4p

Rep Power: 16 drenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,087,910,445,931,929.25
first one is one me. - Aztekkas Una chela bien fria para el carnalito, puros Vatos Locos homie. - Aztekkas No Message - drenlou No Message - drenlou No Message - drenlou 
No Message - drenlou No Message - drenlou 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
Lol, everyone knew his injuries would give Cotto a shot, and thats what it turned out to be.

Whats your point,
Excuses,excuses,excuses, iam done with you, you are prt of the fans iam talking about!!! All talk before the fight all excuses after the fight!! Take care though.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:57 AM
CLUNG3-TANK
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 CLUNG3-TANK has a reputation beyond reputeCLUNG3-TANK has a reputation beyond reputeCLUNG3-TANK has a reputation beyond reputeCLUNG3-TANK has a reputation beyond reputeCLUNG3-TANK has a reputation beyond reputeCLUNG3-TANK has a reputation beyond reputeCLUNG3-TANK has a reputation beyond reputeCLUNG3-TANK has a reputation beyond reputeCLUNG3-TANK has a reputation beyond reputeCLUNG3-TANK has a reputation beyond reputeCLUNG3-TANK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 110,441,875,452,800.81
Total Points: 110,441,875,454,486.69
ran outta green k for you - lefthook2daliva 

NOOOOOO, can we please just have an actual true MIDDLEWEIGHT fight for a MIDDLEWEIGHT title! Pac or Floyd have a plethora of belts and fights floating around in the other weight classes, they don't need to make questionable "history" by fighting a chunky cotto, especially with new fighters that have come out in welterweight like Thurman and Porter etc etc.

Lets see either Canelo or GGG wrest the belt from Cotto then face off eachother, this would be a million times more interesting.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:04 AM
kombayn
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 kombayn has a reputation beyond reputekombayn has a reputation beyond reputekombayn has a reputation beyond reputekombayn has a reputation beyond reputekombayn has a reputation beyond reputekombayn has a reputation beyond reputekombayn has a reputation beyond reputekombayn has a reputation beyond reputekombayn has a reputation beyond reputekombayn has a reputation beyond reputekombayn has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,022,499.46

Floyd Mayweather vs. Miguel Cotto II
Keith Thurman vs. Marcos Maidana

I think that'd be one hell of a 1-2 punch for a PPV in September.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:27 AM
RawDawgHasSpokn
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 RawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 110,000,021,539.59
No Message - MDPopescu 

I'll admit that I did not see that coming whatsoever. It was sad to watch at the end. Bad for fans of Martinez but good for fans of the sport because of the possible fights that can be made in the future for Cotto. You can put him against any reputable fighter at 154 and 160 and it will sell very well. Bring on Canelo!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:34 AM
kingstip9
Up and Comer

Total Points: 4,781.84

Gotta admit, I picked sergio to win comfortably (injuries or not) . I mean, teddy atlas was picking cotto! That had me certain cotto was done haha
Old 06-10-2014, 07:35 AM
El Chicano
Juan Hitter Quitter

Rep Power: 35 El Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Chicano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 646,860,610,226.50
Total Points: 646,860,769,458.39
No Message - T-97 happy 2000th - The Gully Gad oatmeal stout is what its about - el guason456 For being a true boxing fan! - Dorian Jotto runnin like a straight up bitch - {}{}MATADOR{}{} 
Happy b-day homey - mangler Happy Birfday! - Sweet Pea 50 Happy b day - Jewshua i forgot the beer.lol. Viva margacotto!!! - strugler A token of appreciation on your useful posts .. - Hard2kill 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Ch@mpBox@PR Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Spacey1991 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MexicanMauler Gay and Lesbian Pride - S K I N Gay and Lesbian Pride - S K I N 

While he may be a television free agent, Cotto is now promoted by Top Rank, which means, a second fight with Mayweather won't happen. That's too bad, I'd like to see Miguel get a second crack at Floyd.

If Canelo beats Lara, I think Cotto vs Canelo finally gets made, but Canelo is tied to Showtime contractually (I believe). Top Rank would have to work with Showtime to get the fight made (as they did with Pacquiao vs Mosely).
Old 06-10-2014, 07:45 AM
-Kev-
Hype Beast

Rep Power: 109 -Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 45,942,398,210,058.43
Total Points: 45,942,398,357,786.49
Lol @ image. - FeFist Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant lol - -jose- &lt;3 u bro - sugarsmosley 
I'm still here... u still mad :lol1: - Hype job Wipe your tears snitch, I'm back. - Hype job No Message - Hype job For your booty - Hype job Slurp slurp slurp :rofl: - Hype job 
No Message - Hype job No Message - Hype job Slurp slurp :lol1: - Hype job No Message - Hype job No Message - Hype job 
No Message - Hype job No Message - Hype job No Message - Hype job No Message - Hype job No Message - Hype job 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chicano View Post
While he may be a television free agent, Cotto is now promoted by Top Rank, which means, a second fight with Mayweather won't happen. That's too bad, I'd like to see Miguel get a second crack at Floyd.

If Canelo beats Lara, I think Cotto vs Canelo finally gets made, but Canelo is tied to Showtime contractually (I believe). Top Rank would have to work with Showtime to get the fight made (as they did with Pacquiao vs Mosely).
I don't think hes under contract with Bob Arum. He works with him probably the same way Mayweather worked with GBP. They promoted his shows but he could have left any time he wanted. Cotto can likely do the same.