Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-15-2014, 10:25 PM
JakeNDaBox
The Jake of All Trades

Rep Power: 200000 JakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,800,307,830.78
Total Points: 48,006,990,199.05
Send a message via AIM to JakeNDaBox Send a message via Yahoo to JakeNDaBox
Post Comments Thread For: Orozco vs. Honorio Fox Sports 1 Early Results From Cali

All-action super lightweight prospect Antonio Orozco (19-0, 15KO) returns to the ring Thursday evening, facing former featherweight title challenger Martin Honorio (32-8-1, 16KO) at the Del Mar Fairgrounds in Del Mar, California.

The scheduled 10-round affair headlines on Fox Sports 1. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-16-2014, 12:11 AM
richardt
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 richardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,005,132,131.93
great poster - thuggery Props for cutting for Roy Jones - Boxing Goat Great poster - Boxing Goat first ballot hof poster - sugarsmosley 

Not much there with orozco. Extremely slow and predictable with not much power, not like his "record" indicates. Talk about a built up KO record. And in a hot division, he is doomed.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:14 AM
TaurusJ27
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 TaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to all
Total Points: 24,081.43

He nearly k.o.'d Honorio.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:28 AM
richardt
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 richardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond repute
great poster - thuggery Props for cutting for Roy Jones - Boxing Goat Great poster - Boxing Goat first ballot hof poster - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
He nearly k.o.'d Honorio.
Against an easy to hit, 34 year old over his best fighting days and over his best fighting weight. Nothing special to see folks.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:15 AM
drenlou
p4p

Rep Power: 13 drenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond reputedrenlou has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 58,565,191,433,376.59

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardt View Post
Against an easy to hit, 34 year old over his best fighting days and over his best fighting weight. Nothing special to see folks.
I figured i would see you post on this thread. Were you at least satisfied with this "FREE" card on fs1???
Old 05-16-2014, 02:10 AM
richardt
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drenlou View Post
I figured i would see you post on this thread. Were you at least satisfied with this "FREE" card on fs1???
No. Just a string of setups. It's gotten old, fast. I would rather see prospects fight prospects like many ShowBox cards over the years where they have even matchups.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:37 AM
smoothsmg
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 smoothsmg is infamous around these partssmoothsmg is infamous around these partssmoothsmg is infamous around these partssmoothsmg is infamous around these partssmoothsmg is infamous around these partssmoothsmg is infamous around these partssmoothsmg is infamous around these partssmoothsmg is infamous around these partssmoothsmg is infamous around these partssmoothsmg is infamous around these partssmoothsmg is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 28,066.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardt View Post
No. Just a string of setups. It's gotten old, fast. I would rather see prospects fight prospects like many ShowBox cards over the years where they have even matchups.
I found the fight to be pretty entertaining, along with the Harris and Espadas fight.

I do love the New Generation fights on Shotime.

This was just the start of a boxing filled weekend. Im happy
Old 05-16-2014, 12:03 PM
richardt
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drenlou View Post
For example, Frank Galarza is an unbeaten fighter who is facing his FOURTH unbeaten fighter on ShowBox tonight. This is a guy who he, and his team, are willing to fight anyone! I'll back someone like him because he does not face a bunch of setups like these overprotected fighters out there are facing. Same with the guy Galarza is facing, Bouchard.....both guys are putting their unbeaten records on the line for a chance to rise up through the rankings. F.uck these other guys on FS1 and the late Saturday night cards on the Hispanic cannels with 80%-90% setups where you KNOW the outcome of the fight card before round one. ESPN did this for a long time and now at least they are doing Boxino which is not a bunch of setups. I'm TIRED of seeing certain networks and shows "showcase" "new" talent in one gravy train fight after another. F.UCK THAT!!! Put these F.UCKERS in with a fighter with a damn heartbeat who isn't there to go along with the plan. Fight LIVE fighters. Not TBA's, not washed up has-beens and never were's or hapless, helpless guys who are brought in as cannon fodder to build up some unbeaten protected TR or GBP puppy. F.UCK that! That's why ShowBox for many years pits 20-0 against 22-1 and 25-2 against 15-0 and 14-0 against 21-0 type fighters. They wanted competitive fights, not obvious setups to make some little prick look better than he is. I don't want to see some 25-15 record 36 year old fighter who has not fought in 2 years going up against some arrogant little hot shot who thinks his sht doesn't stink. Put that unbeaten f.ucker against another unbeaten fighter and make him earn his wages and see if he is real or was a hype job and his little gravy train comes to an end. The cream rises to the top. Enough of the Wilders and Jose Benavidez's of the world who feast off of setups.

Last edited by richardt; 05-16-2014 at 01:25 PM.