No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia-Mauricio Herrera: Post-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia-Mauricio Herrera: Post-Fight Report Card

It’s the Apollo Creed line that never gets old: I won but I didn’t beat him.

That’s how Danny Garcia should feel today. He won last Saturday night, retaining the World Jr. Welterweight title. He didn’t beat Mauricio Herrera.

While cries of outright robbery are a tad overstated, Herrera appeared to do enough to earn the crown even as open scoring told viewers throughout that he wasn’t going to get the nod. Adding insult to injury, the one judge who had Herrera leading after eight rounds somehow came out with a draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Garcia won that fight no doubt !!i wasn't easy but he did enough to win!Herrera the tipe of fighter make everybody look bad!

Comment

Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
      Garcia won that fight no doubt !!i wasn't easy but he did enough to win!Herrera the tipe of fighter make everybody look bad!
      in english please

Comment

Originally posted by petuff View Post
        garcia won that fight no doubt !!i wasn't easy but he did enough to win!herrera the tipe of fighter make everybody look bad!
        .....lmao..

Comment

Garcia has B+ speed?

Comment

I have now watched the fight 3 times and Herrera wins even more convincingly. What upset me the most, is the fact the jab is somehow discredited. Herrera DOMINATED Garcia with the jab.

He was hitting him at will with it, and in the later rounds was rocking Danny's head back over and over. Those jabs were harder than the power shots Danny was supposedly landing.

I teach a lot of catch and shoot, and Herrera was catching so many shots it wasn't even funny. When he was on the ropes and Danny was throwing hard and the crowd was going crazy, in 8 punches thrown, I counted 1 grazing blow.

Danny was dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              I have now watched the fight 3 times and Herrera wins even more convincingly. What upset me the most, is the fact the jab is somehow discredited. Herrera DOMINATED Garcia with the jab.

He was hitting him at will with it, and in the later rounds was rocking Danny's head back over and over. Those jabs were harder than the power shots Danny was supposedly landing.

I teach a lot of catch and shoot, and Herrera was catching so many shots it wasn't even funny. When he was on the ropes and Danny was throwing hard and the crowd was going crazy, in 8 punches thrown, I counted 1 grazing blow.

Danny was dominated.
              Cracks me up how some people think jabs don't count. lol Do they even know the first thing about boxing? In the amateurs, there is no distinction between jabs and power shots. I agree that in the pros harder shots ought to get more credit, but scoring blows are scoring blows. If a fighter lands two soft jabs and his opponent lands two heavy hooks, the guy landing the power shots wins the exchange. It gets trickier when the punches landed vary in number and power. That's where sound judging comes into play. But it's very easy to score when a guy repeatedly lands jabs while the other guy lands just a couple of power shots -- round goes to the jabber.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Cracks me up how some people think jabs don't count. lol Do they even know the first thing about boxing? In the amateurs, there is no distinction between jabs and power shots. I agree that in the pros harder shots ought to get more credit, but scoring blows are scoring blows. If a fighter lands two soft jabs and his opponent lands two heavy hooks, the guy landing the power shots wins the exchange. It gets trickier when the punches landed vary in number and power. That's where sound judging comes into play. But it's very easy to score when a guy repeatedly lands jabs while the other guy lands just a couple of power shots -- round goes to the jabber.
                To add to this, not only was Herrera landing jabs, they were hard jabs. After the fight in an interview with someone online, Danny's father said most of the blood and swelling came from head butts.....hahaha

Yea, headbutts coming from the jab that was lighting your son up for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Danny was dominated.
                  I have seen the fight just twice but, nonetheless, I still have yet to see how Garcia won this fight. Herrera frustrated him all night long and that jab was tagging Garcia all night long. Herrera caught a lot of the punches Garcia was getting credit for landing and... Man! Herrera's jab and his ability to keep the fight in close quarters nullified a lot of Garcia's power shots. Great fight for Herrera. I kept telling all my boys in PR "Herrera is no joke man"... Now they believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Garcia has B+ speed?
                    In this fight yes,,, put him in against an angulo type fighter and his speed will be an A

Comment

Working...
                    X