Comments Thread For: The Winter of Our Discontent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Winter of Our Discontent

by Cliff Rold

Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious summer by this sun of York. - William Shakespeare, Richard III

“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.” - John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent

It’s always fun when the author can dust off some old books. And be assured, boxing fans, our ‘sun of York’ is coming.

But as more snow pelts vast swaths of the US, the Super Bowl fades to memory, and the unbearably long NBA preseason plays out before the real season begins with its eternity of playoff games, it is surely winter.

Punxatawney Phil saw his shadow and Bill Murray has already made it to February 3rd. Six more weeks of winter beckon. It will feel like almost that long before a fight the masses really care about comes about again. [Click Here To Read More]

Cliff, cliff notes: Mayweather polls either A.) Maidana or B.) Khan. Wheres the option for C.) Neither

Comment

Thank goodness for Miguel Vasquez vs Shafikov. The only meaningful, competitive, world class fight this month.

Comment

This writer annoys me. Who the hell would pay ppv money to see Lara? I know all the "purist"on this forum will claim they will, but casual fans would be less likely to pay to see Lara waiting for openings all night. I wouldnt pay a cent to see Lara. I think hes great at what he does but im not paying to see a fighter who wont engage.

Comment

Going to be a long month.

Comment

I would think they would have less boxing during the NCAA tourney in March, not February.

Comment

Working...
            X