Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who's the better of the Klitschko brothers?
Vitali Klitschko 36 52.94%
Wladimir Klitschko 23 33.82%
Difficult to say/ I don't know 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 01-06-2014, 06:23 PM
PainfromUkraine
Archangel

Rep Power: 3 PainfromUkraine has a reputation beyond reputePainfromUkraine has a reputation beyond reputePainfromUkraine has a reputation beyond reputePainfromUkraine has a reputation beyond reputePainfromUkraine has a reputation beyond reputePainfromUkraine has a reputation beyond reputePainfromUkraine has a reputation beyond reputePainfromUkraine has a reputation beyond reputePainfromUkraine has a reputation beyond reputePainfromUkraine has a reputation beyond reputePainfromUkraine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,759,513,847,039.14
Total Points: 3,859,513,869,181.46
Happy New Year - Freedom2013 Great having you on BS - Dr.Eisenfaust Cookie of friendship - DannYankee09 To a boxingscene brother - Weltschmerz Cheers, bro! You're an excellent poster! - CubanGuyNYC 
Great poster - Boxing Goat I appreciate that - Boxing Goat 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - PainfromUkraine Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PainfromUkraine Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - PainfromUkraine 

Vitali over Wlad, in many ways, which I will evaluate:

- Watching Vitali is like watching a boxing clinic, the work rate and variety of punches he throws are much better than Wladimir and although they don't carry the same amount of pop, they systematically break you down and it's a joy to watch as an opponent is worn down and broken by that 'iron fist', often to never come back the same again - even take into account people like Byrd, dominated many times after that fight, Lennox not returning at all, and many others who had no real claims or desires to rematch.

- Vitali can box on the backfoot excellently, dealing easily with pressure fighters like Chisora and Arreola and Peter, with minimal amount of clinching, unlike Wlad.

- Warrior heart, Iron Chin and excellent ability to finish fights when he has his man hurt, he has that natural fighter instinct, clinical and ruthless and not worried about getting hit, unlike Wlad

- 2004 and 2008-09 Vitali was an offensive beast, the beatdowns of Sanders (one of my favourite heavyweight fights in recent times), Kirk Johnson, Danny Williams and Sam Peter were excellent and a lot more action packed than Wlad's defences recently.

2004 or 08-09 Vitali beats Wladimir quite badly IMO, I could see it similar to the Lennox fight in terms of jab exchanges and Vitali getting some good straights in, these would likely finish Wlad. Wlad dominates his opponents because they are usually intimidated and too unwilling to take the initiative. Vitali's superior workrate, ability to take Wlad's big shots, punches from different angles will get to Wlad and he won't be able to dominate physically v the bigger and physically juggernaut-strength Vitali. Also, Wlad does not go to the body which is potentially a way to slow Vitali down. Also, Wlad has no inside game and doesn't throw mean uppercuts like Lennox could which is another way to potentially damage Vitali.

To conclude, Vitali is the better fighter of the two by far IMO, he has all the attributes needed to be a true and complete fighter, mental, physical, skills + all intangibles. Wladimir in recent times is the better technical boxer and lands cleaner, probably more concussive single shots, and has a more schooled defense for a heavyweight but Vitali's unique use of range, reflexes, punch styles, angles/variety, heart and chin win this fight for him and definitely IMO put him into a top 5 list H2H, it's very open to opinion as he neither proved nor disproved against real ATG opposition his exact potential in fantasy bouts. In my opinion, his attributes have him there.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-06-2014, 06:47 PM
jackson8
Contender

Rep Power: 15 jackson8 has a reputation beyond reputejackson8 has a reputation beyond reputejackson8 has a reputation beyond reputejackson8 has a reputation beyond reputejackson8 has a reputation beyond reputejackson8 has a reputation beyond reputejackson8 has a reputation beyond reputejackson8 has a reputation beyond reputejackson8 has a reputation beyond reputejackson8 has a reputation beyond reputejackson8 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 365,314,617,870.69
Total Points: 365,314,621,850.39

I think Wlad has the better resume by a bit but if they fought each other Vitali would knock out Wlad out early.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,048,536.07
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz 

I think it's hard to say, Vitali was an amazing fighter and Wladimir is an amazing fighter now. In some areas Vitali is better and in some areas Wladimir is better,so it depends. Vitali and Wladimir are among the best heavyweights Boxing has had.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:30 PM
chav
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 chav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 75,972,559,484,654.72
Total Points: 76,173,108,843,342.39
for the times when you don't have a man - Freedom. Cheers m8 - Manny_ate_myDog for being a freedom fighter! - JAB5239 thanks for making me a billionaire again! cheers - Prawn Cornelius Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Merry Christmas my brotha! - jose830 You too, bud! - yoz thanks for the quick payment Papi! - jose830 coco pop lmao! thanks for the pics - jose830 Here's a fish in return papi! - jose830 
What's up papi! Long time Here's a burger the yank way to eat lol - jose830 and a healthy milkshake to wash it down - jose830 it has been a while geezer!!! hope your keeping good bro. - HUGH JASS Morning C-Dog, have a brew on me. - HUGH JASS 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacedUp View Post
Wladimir is certainly the better boxer. I don't think there's much doubt about that. H2H I have always maintained that prime for prime, Vitali would smoke him.

He was a beast in his prime and Wlad, in my opinion, doesn't have the same fighting heart as his brother. He could maybe cruise to a decision, hard to say. I just doubt he would be able to stand up to his brother's punches.
Exactly that
Old 01-06-2014, 09:29 PM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,796,420,485,850.27
Total Points: 18,796,420,527,122.72
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Wlad is the better boxer with the better legacy by far. Who would win h2h mean nothing since they would/will never fight.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:19 PM
joe strong
average joe

Rep Power: 82 joe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 656,775.45
top nsb poster - BostonGuy Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy For you Joe :) - Bossy For you Joe :) - Bossy 
For you Joe :) - Bossy No Message - Bossy No Message - Kevin Malone you're dumb - Freedom. joe strong has Boxingscene's lowest IQ - Freedom. 
cheers - simbros 10000 post! - jose830 so once again you've shown you're a moron - Freedom. Joe Strong is the man! - ABOSWORTH Joe is indeed Strong! A cup of the dark stuff for posting Pulev-Abell. - PittyPat 
stupid is as stupid does - Ragnarok stop beating up homeless people - Ragnarok beating up homeless people - Ragnarok beating up old homeless people is not cool - Ragnarok when a dummy posts no one replies - Freedom2014 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ragnarok 

wlad... gold medal, multiple world titles but most impressive is not so much his level of opposition but his longevity. when he beat byrd during the post fight interview steward said he would never lose again & there was no one in the amateur ranks he's sees coming up who could beat him. his title reign is like larry Holmes's. dominant but his peak years were spent beating opponents a level or 2 below him. if he fought vitali at their best I think he beats vitali. look what lennox did at the end of his career. wlad would have been in shape & able to hit vitali not like most of his past opponents.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:23 PM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,328,192,233,804.87
Total Points: 4,339,192,732,823.56
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
Who's the better boxer? I've already explained several times why I think Vitali is/was better. Tell us who do you think is the better of the two brothers.
As much as I want to answer Neither, ill go with wlad.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:27 PM
joe strong
average joe

Rep Power: 82 joe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond reputejoe strong has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 656,775.45
top nsb poster - BostonGuy Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy For you Joe :) - Bossy For you Joe :) - Bossy 
For you Joe :) - Bossy No Message - Bossy No Message - Kevin Malone you're dumb - Freedom. joe strong has Boxingscene's lowest IQ - Freedom. 
cheers - simbros 10000 post! - jose830 so once again you've shown you're a moron - Freedom. Joe Strong is the man! - ABOSWORTH Joe is indeed Strong! A cup of the dark stuff for posting Pulev-Abell. - PittyPat 
stupid is as stupid does - Ragnarok stop beating up homeless people - Ragnarok beating up homeless people - Ragnarok beating up old homeless people is not cool - Ragnarok when a dummy posts no one replies - Freedom2014 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ragnarok 

everyone talks about vitali's chin... I have seen everyone of his fights & the only guys who hit him cleanly were sanders, lennox & timo Hoffman of all guys. Hoffman was as big but not nearly the puncher lennox or sanders was. vitali got hit a few times by sanders & marked up. lennox hit him cleanly like no other HW & stopped him in 6. yeah it was cuts but he had to hit him to do it. pre steward wlad unloads on vitali & would he hold up? he marks & cuts easy so would his skin fail him? if that eyes is shut vs lennox he could be KO'd the next round. you can't fight lennox lewis with one eye. post steward I see wlad winning a tactical 12 round waltz because he would not exchange & he would use his boxing skills to outpoint vitali.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:53 PM
jas
Banned

Rep Power: 0 jas has a reputation beyond reputejas has a reputation beyond reputejas has a reputation beyond reputejas has a reputation beyond reputejas has a reputation beyond reputejas has a reputation beyond reputejas has a reputation beyond reputejas has a reputation beyond reputejas has a reputation beyond reputejas has a reputation beyond reputejas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,355,150,679,852.14
Total Points: 32,335,151,070,196.27
Thanks for the Guru link - mathed man of his word - FrenchDeLaHoya 3k posts, congrats! - valero To a great poster, a knowledgable boxing fan and an antagonizing dick! Here's to you!! - DonMega i've never gifted you before, thats a travesty - sugarsmosley 
have another on me - sugarsmosley Prime-time poster - Hyper Knuckles To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Have some beer buddy - Sugar Adam Ali phew pac won, so lets pop some bottles and celebrate - sugarsmosley 
you need more gifts, have a sammich on me - sugarsmosley you need more gifts, have a sammich on me - sugarsmosley thanks for gift jas, have a cafe latte on me :cheers: - UTEP an eye for an eye mate - Hougigo Cheers homie! :usa2: - Beercules 
No Message - Mike D To an ATG poster and a helleva host. My friend from the UK! - DonMega For hooking me up with the Hopkins - Shumenov bout - valero 

Prime h2h, vitali knocks Wlad out no doubt about it.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:55 AM
RadioCart
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 RadioCart is infamous around these partsRadioCart is infamous around these partsRadioCart is infamous around these partsRadioCart is infamous around these partsRadioCart is infamous around these partsRadioCart is infamous around these partsRadioCart is infamous around these partsRadioCart is infamous around these partsRadioCart is infamous around these partsRadioCart is infamous around these partsRadioCart is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 3,333,372,942.74

wladimir said in the documentary

"i had to become a fighter, vitali was born one" or something along those lines