Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-18-2013, 10:42 AM
DosRounds
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 DosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,889,410,766,330.12
Total Points: 3,899,410,822,422.38
favorite boxer Tito Trinidad :fing02: una medalla fría para ti :beerchug: - jose830 victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS happy birthday - -jose- A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 To a great poster. ¡En DosRounds! - LoadedWraps 

a lot of yall are forgetting the way boxing was back in the days where wrestling was allowed. Ward is a real throwback, old school he studies tape from the 1800s, a real student of the game.

I think he is the only fighter today that can compete under London Prize fight rules

Golovkin as well, he is a student of the game who is old school. If you look 3 mins into the video you can see him wrestling.

Last edited by DosRounds; 11-18-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Add Golovkin too
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Frank Ducketts
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Frank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 110,010,358,508.43
One of the best posters here - Cállate! I noticed that the lady in your avatar has dirty knees, they are very distracting. Here's some wet wipes, please take care of that. - Cállate! No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
:lol1: :D - happyman Team Swift!(Honorary Member) - Mr. Philadel Will Hunting, It's not your fault, It's not your fault - Croyd It's not your fault, It truly isn't your fault ... - Croyd 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Keep doing what you do Ward. It has helped you win a Gold Medal and become pfp #2 in the world behind Floyd.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:48 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 107 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 643,964,607,421.76
Total Points: 2,920,964,898,018.80
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I can't believe people think Ward is that boring. Even counting out the Wlad fans who hate on Ward just because he's black and the bitter Froch and Kessler fans, there are a lot of people who seem to think Ward is horrible to watch.

I don't understand it. He's one of my absolute favorite fighters to watch. There were maybe 4 bad rounds in the Rodriguez fight, of which Edwin deserved at least half the blame, and the rest of the fight was a masterful boxing performance where Ward was unleashing combos and beating the hell out of the man.

Besides Kessler, so much of the dirty play and clinching in Ward fans are every bit his opponent's fault as it is Ward's. Ward is a terrific infighter, he doesn't jump in looking to clinch, he jumps in looking to muscle and fight. It's not his fault his opponents don't have any defense for it.

Last edited by bojangles1987; 11-18-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:52 AM
UTEP
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 66 UTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 349,757,235,035,791.88
Total Points: 440,557,245,125,467.69
I truly appreciate that bro! but I don't like eating alone so here's one back enjoy! - jose830 Happy New Year carnal, que estes bien.. - !! AI-Holmes!! good ass poster - I'm so sorry Thanks for the YouTube posting tip, had to idea haha. - CounterPunching I meant 'no idea', not 'to idea' on the last gift.. - CounterPunching 
That's one of the hottest bitches I've ever seen! word! - jose830 el norte beautiful film no doubt - Tha_Greatest No Message - Sake1 :rofl: :rofl: that was funny...salud! - jose830 No Message - chiguy91 
GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner i watched the Bradley/Marquez video on my lunch, thanks for sharing - jose830 :lol1:@homie g funk... I'm in PR right now so I'll send you a tropical fish - jose830 No Message - Sake1 I'm digging this neon sign gifs - -jose- 
it's all good homie - -jose- thanks for the popcorn...hereI left you some - -jose- Thank you.  Toma una fria!  Cheers bro. - damit305 BANG BANG - sugarsmosley to a true atg poster - jas 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
People ***** about Wlad's holding, but defend Ward's. LOL.

Exactly, fukin' hypocrites! You can't have it both ways.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:53 AM
DosRounds
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 DosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond reputeDosRounds has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,889,410,766,330.12
Total Points: 3,899,410,822,422.38
favorite boxer Tito Trinidad :fing02: una medalla fría para ti :beerchug: - jose830 victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS happy birthday - -jose- A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 To a great poster. ¡En DosRounds! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
I can't believe people think Ward is that boring. Even counting out the Wlad fans who hate on Ward just because he's black and the bitter Froch and Kessler fans, there are a lot of people who seem to think Ward is horrible to watch.

I don't understand it. He's one of my absolute favorite fighters to watch. There were maybe 4 bad rounds in the Rodriguez fight, of which Edwin deserved at least half the blame, and the rest of the fight was a masterful boxing performance where Ward was unleashing combos and beating the hell out of the man.
He's a thinking mans fighter too. I loved when he threw two jabs to the body, feinted another one then landed a stiff jab to the head. He beats everyone put infront of him so you gotta love him for that
Old 11-18-2013, 10:54 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 107 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 643,964,607,421.76
Total Points: 2,920,964,898,018.80
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.P.T. View Post
Exactly, fukin' hypocrites! You can't have it both ways.
Nothing hypocritical about it. They do not fight even remotely the same. Wlad clinches any time someone gets within jab's reach because he has no inside game and is scared to get hit. Ward actively tries to fight inside, it's not his fault no one else can match him there.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:00 AM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,242,875,286,455.47
Total Points: 7,253,875,801,509.64
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Besides Kessler, so much of the dirty play and clinching in Ward fans are every bit his opponent's fault as it is Ward's. Ward is a terrific infighter, he doesn't jump in looking to clinch, he jumps in looking to muscle and fight. It's not his fault his opponents don't have any defense for it.
unfortunately, the holding has taken away from Ward's brilliant performance coming off such a long layoff.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:01 PM
junior gong
snr gong

Rep Power: 40 junior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,482,940,013,011.96
Total Points: 8,483,949,736,624.25
A gift for my favorite bumsniff... - Kenny MF Powers one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. bumsniffing the trail of flomos on BS 24/7. - Body Movin' keep murking these floydiot bumsniffs, flomos kneel before you and kiss your feet - Turd &quot;hi yung doe&quot; looool - thuggery 
thx m8, can always count on the gongster to lay the smackdown - thuggery A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 joyeux noel - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers buddy, screw the FloydTroopers - Beercules ATG poster! - jas 
I now pronounce Floyd Mayweather and Junior Gong in holy matrimony. Congrats Mayweather and Gong for their beautiful marriage. - BrushMyHair You're fackin hilarious - Booty Dew Helluva poster - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
unfortunately, the holding has taken away from Ward's brilliant performance coming off such a long layoff.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:16 PM
ShoulderRoll
Ph.D in the Sweet Science

Rep Power: 42 ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 796,753,218,377,917.62
Total Points: 796,753,218,381,634.50
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 

The holding in this fight was mostly initiated by Rodriguez who didn't have a clue what to do with Ward.

When Edwin wasn't hugging him Andre was landing some sizzling left hooks and combos. This could be seen more clearly once the ref took points away to get control of the fight.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Thickback
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Thickback is infamous around these partsThickback is infamous around these partsThickback is infamous around these partsThickback is infamous around these partsThickback is infamous around these partsThickback is infamous around these partsThickback is infamous around these partsThickback is infamous around these partsThickback is infamous around these partsThickback is infamous around these partsThickback is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,427.28

I enjoyed the fight. Ward hasn't been holding much at all in his last few fights. Also Edwin was initiating 90% of the holding and foul play in that fight. Ward was blasting him with clean punches all fight. But to each his own.

I will admit though, Ward like Hopkins has had some crappy fights that piss you off....