Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-16-2013, 09:08 PM
FrankieBruno
GGG spanked my mom

Rep Power: 15 FrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieBruno has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,002,083,214.13
you're a good poster - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs take this lipstick f@g - Sugar Booger 
No Message - krazyn8tive pretend it's davey haye - Weltschmerz for taking the avi bet like a man - jas 
Default Ricky Hatton: Amir Khan deserves his chance against Mayweather

Amir Khan deserves his big chance against Floyd Mayweather Jr in the ring, according to Ricky Hatton - even if he'll probably lose.

Speaking at Canary Wharf on Tuesday, former world champion Hatton believes since Manny Pacquiao has come unstuck with two straight defeats, the Bolton-born boxer has the best chance of challenging Mayweather.

"I'll be made up if Amir fights Mayweather," said Hatton, who was at Jubilee Place mall signing copies of his autobiography for fans.

"Mayweather is running out of opponents he's been that good and if anyone deserves a shot it's Amir Khan. There's very few fighters who can match him in speed.

"Normally people fly at Floyd but If Amir can jab, move and keep out the way and, if Floyd has to be the attacker, it could be different.

"I don't think he'll beat him and I don't think Amir will mind me saying that - I think most would class him as an underdog - but it will certainly be interesting if Amir swallows his pride for one fight and doesn't go to war. If he keeps his head and boxes you never know."

The fight between Khan and Mayweather has yet to be confirmed but looks increasingly likely to go ahead next year.

Less likely is Pacquiao and Mayweather - both victors against Hatton.

"I don't think that fight will happen now, unless Pacqiao comes back with a real storming performance," said Hatton. "He struggled against (Timothy) Bradley and got beat by (Juan Manuel) Marquez as well. That fight lost him his shine a bit."

But if it does go ahead, then Hatton will be wanting his former arch-rival Mayweather to win, despite their being no love lost between the two before their fight in 2008.

Because 35-year-old Hatton said the success of the man nicknamed Pretty Boy - unbeaten in 45 fights - makes his performance against him in Las Vegas stand out.

"With every fight Floyd faces my performance is looking better and better," said Hatton. "For the first five or six rounds I had him under the cosh. I've seen Floyd mention a few times that I was the only one from start to finish who tried to beat him.

"A lot of people think 'I'm not going to beat him' and coast a little but I didn't."

Regarding the talent coming through on these shores, Hatton believes a host of British boxers will be competing for top prizes, starting with middleweight Billy Joe Saunders, who won the British Boxing Writers' Best Young Boxer award for 2013 this week.

As well as Saunders, Hatton said he has his eye on the Olympic 2012 successes such as Anthony Joshua and Luke Campbell.

"Billy Joe Saunders won the award and the majority of those who win it become world champion," said Hatton. "Hopefully he will. He is very talented and has a great chance.

"As do all the Olympians who had a great Games last year and are now turning professional. It will be great to see how they progress. Boxing is in a really healthy state."

Hatton was at Canary Wharf publicising his autobiography War and Peace at an event organised by Waterstones.
http://www.wharf.co.uk/2013/10/ricky...n-deserve.html
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-16-2013, 09:09 PM
revs1227
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 revs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 775,941,680,271.69
Total Points: 778,235,938,053.74
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

no ......................
Old 10-16-2013, 09:28 PM
trixx12
Contender

Rep Power: 2 trixx12 has a brilliant futuretrixx12 has a brilliant futuretrixx12 has a brilliant futuretrixx12 has a brilliant futuretrixx12 has a brilliant futuretrixx12 has a brilliant futuretrixx12 has a brilliant futuretrixx12 has a brilliant futuretrixx12 has a brilliant futuretrixx12 has a brilliant futuretrixx12 has a brilliant future
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 26,737.77

experts know amir khan speed and style can give problems to mayweather

Last edited by trixx12; 10-16-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:31 PM
STREET CLEANER
The Watcher

Rep Power: 13 STREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,661,289.34
Total Points: 31,034,702,511.90
so you can stop being paranoid about me, we will always be true blue homies forever even though you hate me - Tha_Greatest Salud! - STREET CLEANER i see, my thread annoyed you, lol, that means im doing good, lol, stay angry but keep writing, lol, peace pal - Tha_Greatest 

Yes, Amir's speed and activity might give some trouble to Floyd. But his crappy balance and no chin are huge demerits that will always be his downfall
Old 10-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Rep Power: 93 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,654,083,918,772.69
Total Points: 35,654,184,253,919.54
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

He clearly does not deserve a chance against Mayweather, regardless what you think the outcome of the fight would be.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:36 PM
johnm is...
Bangin Jew Broads

Rep Power: 63 johnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond reputejohnm is... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,556,658,000,832,289,792.00
Total Points: 6,002,808,747,266,852,864.00
every post is championship quality,,,congrats on 1400 - jreckoning Excellent human being. - S a m u r a i Have another medal. - S a m u r a i And another superman. - S a m u r a i Last one for today. - S a m u r a i 
Last one for today.  Thanks for being such a great poster John. - Chief2ndzOnly! advice on Excel - siablo14 Thanks for the link. - bearman3000 Thank you so much, Cheers! - eddie_monster for good luck with your site - jazluvr 
Super poster. - dancovboxer Feliz Navidad - El Mustang No Message - Lazerjab thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 chea boy... - CASA DE COMBATE 
great post - -jose- 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Spray_resistant AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Hard Dick Childhood Cancer - Hard Dick Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Send a message via AIM to johnm is...

Ricky's been snorting coke again.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:40 PM
El Angel
Team Cotto

Rep Power: 73 El Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond reputeEl Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,934,575,256,019,056.00
Total Points: 50,934,575,256,027,328.00
No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel :kiss: - Bossy No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel 
No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel 
No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel 
No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel No Message - El Angel Bossy love :love: - Bossy :) - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Angel 

Khan has 0% chance of winning this fight.