Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-20-2013, 03:30 PM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,892,996.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship & for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWChampion View Post
Wow what was that like? I bet pazienza was one hard SOB to train alongside. Any stories you would like to share about your experiences?
Vinny was a beast when he trained. I don't think most people realize how hard world class fighters train and just how tough they really are till you're in the gym with them every day. Paz was great though, nothing like the ****y guy most think he is. Always had encouraging words and tips for the amateur's and was completely fan friendly.

I only trained with Steve Collins once. The Pettronelli's called my trainer looking for sparring for their middleweight, they wanted a light heavy that could push him. So we drive up to Brockton and Im psyched to be going to the gym Marvin Hagler trained at to spar. Anyway, we get there and Collins Is already in the ring with (I think) the south African national amateur champion who had the belly pad on and Collins was tearing him up! We found out who it was and my trainer said no way was he letting me in the ring with him. I wanted to go, but in hindsight he would have beaten me to death. He worked out with me after he was done sparring though and was a really cool guy. I still remember the tips he gave me on footwork and pivoting to create new punching angles. At the time I was still pretty green and jusr a come forward fighter.

I've got a few other stories, but we'll save them for another time.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-20-2013, 07:50 PM
HWChampion
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 HWChampion has a reputation beyond reputeHWChampion has a reputation beyond reputeHWChampion has a reputation beyond reputeHWChampion has a reputation beyond reputeHWChampion has a reputation beyond reputeHWChampion has a reputation beyond reputeHWChampion has a reputation beyond reputeHWChampion has a reputation beyond reputeHWChampion has a reputation beyond reputeHWChampion has a reputation beyond reputeHWChampion has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 145,554,835,399,097.50
Total Points: 450,339,835,827,516.50
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2014 Good luck - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Vinny was a beast when he trained. I don't think most people realize how hard world class fighters train and just how tough they really are till you're in the gym with them every day. Paz was great though, nothing like the ****y guy most think he is. Always had encouraging words and tips for the amateur's and was completely fan friendly.

I only trained with Steve Collins once. The Pettronelli's called my trainer looking for sparring for their middleweight, they wanted a light heavy that could push him. So we drive up to Brockton and Im psyched to be going to the gym Marvin Hagler trained at to spar. Anyway, we get there and Collins Is already in the ring with (I think) the south African national amateur champion who had the belly pad on and Collins was tearing him up! We found out who it was and my trainer said no way was he letting me in the ring with him. I wanted to go, but in hindsight he would have beaten me to death. He worked out with me after he was done sparring though and was a really cool guy. I still remember the tips he gave me on footwork and pivoting to create new punching angles. At the time I was still pretty green and jusr a come forward fighter.

I've got a few other stories, but we'll save them for another time.
Wow Sir, thank you for the story you shared and the effort you put into it. Even not sparring Collins and training alongside must have been an honour. You really are privileged for sharing the gym with these elite athletes. Respect even though we have conflicts in boxing opinion you really have humbled me with the story. Respect Sir.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Foreign Soil
First Time Sceptic

Rep Power: 10 Foreign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 681,846,226,589.49
Total Points: 681,846,228,221.94
america is shook - sakura storm Homo in red - JAB5239 Wipe your chin - JAB5239 a blue parallelogram just for you sir - sugarsmosley one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2014 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - sakura storm 

Quote:
I fought for 8 years. Trained with Vinny Paz and Stevie Collins, fought Brian Barbosa (who got up to IBF #3 at middleweight) and been in the ring with plenty of other pro's. So please don't jump to conclusions about people you don't know.

And if Wach happens to grab a paper title in the future....good for him. But that will just reinforce how bad the division has become today.
I would say the HW division today is more talented than a Vinny Paz. Freakin Vinny Paz... Christ, anyone from the 80s is a God to some people.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:19 AM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreign Soil View Post
I would say the HW division today is more talented than a Vinny Paz. Freakin Vinny Paz... Christ, anyone from the 80s is a God to some people.
I never said Paz was a God, nor anyone else. Outside of the Klits though he's better than any of todays heavyweight contenders p4p.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:20 AM
JAB5239
Banned

To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWChampion View Post
Wow Sir, thank you for the story you shared and the effort you put into it. Even not sparring Collins and training alongside must have been an honour. You really are privileged for sharing the gym with these elite athletes. Respect even though we have conflicts in boxing opinion you really have humbled me with the story. Respect Sir.
Thank you for the kind words.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Koba-Grozny
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 5 Koba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant futureKoba-Grozny has a brilliant future
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,000,025,852.15
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 

Damn, so it was Wach who 'finished with Haye' was it!

I hope he doesn't 'finish with' Sasha in the same manner. I'm looking forward to that fight!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Foreign Soil
First Time Sceptic

Rep Power: 10 Foreign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond repute
america is shook - sakura storm Homo in red - JAB5239 Wipe your chin - JAB5239 a blue parallelogram just for you sir - sugarsmosley one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2014 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - sakura storm 

Quote:
I never said Paz was a God, nor anyone else. Outside of the Klits though he's better than any of todays heavyweight contenders p4p.
No he's not. Haye, amongst others, would KO Paz p4p and it'd be an ugly sight. Vinny Paz is part of the horribly overrated era.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:23 PM
JAB5239
Banned

Quote:
No he's not. Haye, amongst others, would KO Paz p4p and it'd be an ugly sight. Vinny Paz is part of the horribly overrated era.
Would you like me to name some of the fighters in and around Vinny's weight class to prove that not only was it a better era p4p, it was far better. Camacho, Taylor, Whitaker, Chavez, Haugen, Rosario, Nelson, Fenech, Honeyghan, Starling. Your turn now, go ahead and name all the great heavyweight of this era. I'll wait.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Foreign Soil
First Time Sceptic

Vinny beat who in their prime? That's what I f'n thought. A guy like Haye would knock him cold P4P or straight up. Keep your 80s close to your heart though.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:14 PM
JAB5239
Banned

Quote:
Vinny beat who in their prime? That's what I f'n thought. A guy like Haye would knock him cold P4P or straight up. Keep your 80s close to your heart though.

Haye beat who in his prime? And besides, we were comparing era's. Im still waiting for you to name the great contenders of this heavyweight era. It has nothing to do with keeping anything close, it has to do with reality! Now hurry up and get me that list!!