Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 09-22-2013, 05:22 PM
ironalex
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 ironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond reputeironalex has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,668,132,900.71
Total Points: 5,668,187,876.43
Default How long do you diet before a fight?

What the thread says. I think too early and you are mentally overtrained. Too late and obviously you are drained. When I'm 10 pounds over I tend to start dieting around 4-5 weeks out. You guys?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-25-2013, 07:55 AM
bugsybairan
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,512.76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironalex View Post
What the thread says. I think too early and you are mentally overtrained. Too late and obviously you are drained. When I'm 10 pounds over I tend to start dieting around 4-5 weeks out. You guys?
I would love to see some suggestions about this thread from experienced members. In my opinion, it's as early as 2 months before the fight but not as late as 3 weeks before the fight since that will require you to cut more calories.

Ive been on a clean diet since June. I thought that maybe it would be easier for me to make weight for my first fight this coming November but as I have realized through experience, I was craving so bad for other food after 2 months. My weight when I started last June was 141, now I'm 125 and have 2 months left to get to my target, 118. I guess starting the diet depends on what your target weight is. In my case, I didn't want to cut calories in big chunks, so I started early. Hope this insight helped.

When's your fight and what's your target weight?
Old 09-25-2013, 08:57 AM
BiggyWeiTing
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 BiggyWeiTing has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyWeiTing has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyWeiTing has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyWeiTing has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyWeiTing has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyWeiTing has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyWeiTing has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyWeiTing has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyWeiTing has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyWeiTing has a reputation beyond reputeBiggyWeiTing has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 719.22

I don't diet, I don't cut weight, I don't do anything special leading up to a fight.
I train hard year round, and eat right year round. I walk around in the physical shape I would need to be able to fight any day. The last days or weeks leading up to a fight, I just get myself mentally prepped.

I have never understood the mentality of cutting weight.
I know why people do it. I just don't understand or agree with it (there are of course some exceptions).
Old 09-29-2013, 11:50 AM
DutchBoxer
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 DutchBoxer has much to be proud ofDutchBoxer has much to be proud ofDutchBoxer has much to be proud ofDutchBoxer has much to be proud ofDutchBoxer has much to be proud ofDutchBoxer has much to be proud ofDutchBoxer has much to be proud ofDutchBoxer has much to be proud ofDutchBoxer has much to be proud of
Total Points: 7,326.11

I started a long time before my match so I don't have to cut weight dramatically in the last week. Maybe some water manipulation for the last pounds.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Haroldas
Amateur

Total Points: 4,422.97
Send a message via Skype™ to Haroldas

Before 2 weeks I try to keep my weight near my category (by eating clean and etc.), when there is 1 week left that's when I start to lose weight.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Hanley
Amateur

Total Points: 189.92

Frankly speaking I don't diet and try to take nutritive and balanced meal plans to meet my body requirements for physical activities.

Last edited by Hanley; 10-05-2013 at 03:13 AM.