Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-16-2013, 09:43 PM
therealpugilist
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 therealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 186,663.48
Default My top 20 greatest all time IF YOU DONT AGREE I WILL EXPLAIN

My list isnt just based on a fighters record, but their skill, longevity, and dominance during their prime...Im not gonna hold losses against fighters who were shot to **** at the twilight of their career

1)Sugar Ray Robinson
2) Henry Armstrong
3)Sam Langforde(never won a title but defeated world champions and hall of famers from lightweight to heavyweight)
4)Harry Greb
5)Wille Pep
6)Benny Leonard
7)Muhammad Ali
8)Tony Canzoneri
9)Ezzard Charles
10)Floyd Mayweather
11)Roy Jones
12)Barbados Joe Walcott
13)Charley Burley( he is so low because I havent watched much of him but his resume is great)
14)Roberto Duran
15)Sugar Ray Leonard
16)Joe Louis( he may be a little low but I have to say his era at his weight class was onoe of the weakest ever.)
17)Pernell Whitaker
18)Charley Burley
19)Barney Ross
20)Kid Chocoalte

Too close to call, honorable mention....Hopkins, Eder Jofre, Sandy Saddler, Arguello, and Chavez

they are def. top 25

DISCUSS
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Jcsuper
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Jcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 144,829.66

Really solid list, I would have Leonard a little bit higher personally
Old 09-16-2013, 09:50 PM
dc3383
F.U.T.W

Bank: 293,132,589,630.49
Total Points: 2,293,452,611,379.73

Hell of a list I would have Joe Loius in the top 10 but besides that a hell of a list.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Sugar Adam Ali
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 82,085,783,817.78
Total Points: 82,085,820,543.51
Congrats on 3000 posts! - LacedUp Agree with you on Bradley vs. Cotto tough fight or Tim - hectari you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas 
a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane 

Cant see how you have jones and floyd above SRL

SRL defeated prime benetiz, hearns, duran, and ended the reign of hagler
plus undfeated jr mid champ abyule

SRL had a short career but his accomplishments are amazing,,,,

Roy and floyd dont have the prime ATG HOFers names on their resume like SRL has duran hearns benetiz and hagler,,,,,

all in all you list is good but for me ALi is top 3 and SRL is top 5 for me....

but to each his own...... Good list, i agree with alot of names just not the rankings,, and i dont see how if jones and floyd are in there than hopkins and chanvez arent
Old 09-16-2013, 09:52 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 55 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,150,338,631.50
you're a good poster - -pound4pound- No Message - Sir TomJones Think of Joe C - Sir TomJones Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac 
you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh 
pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

no sven ottke, no joe calzaghe, no chris john. LIST INVALID.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Jcsuper
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Jcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond reputeJcsuper has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 144,829.66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
Cant see how you have jones and floyd above SRL

SRL defeated prime benetiz, hearns, duran, and ended the reign of hagler
plus undfeated jr mid champ abyule

SRL had a short career but his accomplishments are amazing,,,,

Roy and floyd dont have the prime ATG HOFers names on their resume like SRL has duran hearns benetiz and hagler,,,,,

all in all you list is good but for me ALi is top 3 and SRL is top 5 for me....

but to each his own...... Good list, i agree with alot of names just not the rankings,, and i dont see how if jones and floyd are in there than hopkins and chanvez arent
Agree with you I also have Ali and Leonard in my top 5. Ali is top 3 in my books only because of his win against Foreman which is imo the greatest win ever. Still a good list though
Old 09-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Sugar Adam Ali
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 82,085,783,817.78
Total Points: 82,085,820,543.51
Congrats on 3000 posts! - LacedUp Agree with you on Bradley vs. Cotto tough fight or Tim - hectari you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas 
a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane 

1. SRR
2. Ali
3. Armstrong
4. SRL
5. LEonard
Old 09-16-2013, 09:58 PM
therealpugilist
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 therealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these partstherealpugilist is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 186,663.48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc3383 View Post
Hell of a list I would have Joe Loius in the top 10 but besides that a hell of a list.

thanks man, I just did it on the fly, I use to be real maticulous about them but just wanted to get you guys opinion.

What hurts his standing is the era he fought in wasnt all that great often fighting the same guys a few times. Also, I dont see any other GREAT heavyweight champion struggling the way he did with Billy Conn who was 170 pounds although a great, great fighter and the upset loss to a near washed up Schmeling.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:02 PM
ab4life
Contender

Rep Power: 0 ab4life is infamous around these partsab4life is infamous around these partsab4life is infamous around these partsab4life is infamous around these partsab4life is infamous around these partsab4life is infamous around these partsab4life is infamous around these partsab4life is infamous around these partsab4life is infamous around these partsab4life is infamous around these partsab4life is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 79,097.46

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealpugilist View Post
My list isnt just based on a fighters record, but their skill, longevity, and dominance during their prime...Im not gonna hold losses against fighters who were shot to **** at the twilight of their career

1)Sugar Ray Robinson
2) Henry Armstrong
3)Sam Langforde(never won a title but defeated world champions and hall of famers from lightweight to heavyweight)
4)Harry Greb
5)Wille Pep
6)Benny Leonard
7)Muhammad Ali
8)Tony Canzoneri
9)Ezzard Charles
10)Floyd Mayweather
11)Roy Jones
12)Barbados Joe Walcott
13)Charley Burley( he is so low because I havent watched much of him but his resume is great)
14)Roberto Duran
15)Sugar Ray Leonard
16)Joe Louis( he may be a little low but I have to say his era at his weight class was onoe of the weakest ever.)
17)Pernell Whitaker
18)Charley Burley
19)Barney Ross
20)Kid Chocoalte

Too close to call, honorable mention....Hopkins, Eder Jofre, Sandy Saddler, Arguello, and Chavez

they are def. top 25

DISCUSS
I just can't see On accomplishments alone having Floyd and Roy ahead of Duran, leanord and Pernell Whitaker. Just going through the list of top 5 fighters Leonard and Pernell fought and beat eats up what floyd/Roy have done. Is your list based on accomplishment or who would win in a p4p sense?
Old 09-16-2013, 10:05 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 55 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,150,338,631.50
you're a good poster - -pound4pound- No Message - Sir TomJones Think of Joe C - Sir TomJones Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac 
you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh 
pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

people have to make lists with arbitrary criteria in order to place floyd so high. if you made a list based on the most important thing in boxing resume floyd would be nowhere near the top.

skill? completely subjective and dependent on competition. anyone looks great against guys they hand pick.

longevity? ottke, calzaghe, john, cuenca, grigorian. all these guys had longevity. that means they are great fighters? also retiring for long stretches and barely fighting surely has an advantage over past eras where guys who fought 4-5 times a year.

dominance? once against dependent on your competition. not very hard to dominant when you are only fighting the guys that you want to fight. if pac fought 20 margaritos in a row he would be the most dominant fighter of all time!

you can't be one of the greats of all time if you refused to fight the best of your time.