Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-16-2013, 01:45 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,089,482,403.35
16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler 
unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 
Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 
for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Post Comments Thread For: Fighting Words — Only Time Might Defeat Mayweather

by David P. Greisman - You couldn’t avoid the marketing.

They had to mention that Floyd Mayweather was older and smaller. They had to note that Canelo Alvarez was younger and heavier and punched harder. They had to sell this bout as a crossroads fight of sorts.

You couldn’t avoid the marketing, but you could ignore it.

You could ignore it by reminding yourself that all of those characteristics that generally would have been to a fighter’s disadvantage were actually to Mayweather’s benefit.

He is 36 now, has been wearing boxing gloves for nearly his entire life and has been a pro fighter for nearly half of it. This is an age and a point in this line of work at which most would be showing signs of declining, suffering defeats and standing in against less-experienced opponents for less money — hoping to prolong his career, or at least to pick up another paycheck.

Not Floyd Mayweather.

He remains undefeated, a winner of 45 fights against 44 foes, a titleholder in five divisions and a lineal champion in four. He has taken on and taken out 19 men who held world titles at the time, who had won them before or would win them after. His competition still struggles to compete with him. They may have their moments, but never do those moments come when the name of the winner is read. Nineteen of his fights have gone to the judges. Only two of those 57 scorecards have failed to be in his favor.

He got paid $41.5 million [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-16-2013, 01:54 AM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,189,453.46
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
by David P. Greisman - You couldn’t avoid the marketing.

They had to mention that Floyd Mayweather was older and smaller. They had to note that Canelo Alvarez was younger and heavier and punched harder. They had to sell this bout as a crossroads fight of sorts.

You couldn’t avoid the marketing, but you could ignore it.

You could ignore it by reminding yourself that all of those characteristics that generally would have been to a fighter’s disadvantage were actually to Mayweather’s benefit.

He is 36 now, has been wearing boxing gloves for nearly his entire life and has been a pro fighter for nearly half of it. This is an age and a point in this line of work at which most would be showing signs of declining, suffering defeats and standing in against less-experienced opponents for less money — hoping to prolong his career, or at least to pick up another paycheck.

Not Floyd Mayweather.

He remains undefeated, a winner of 45 fights against 44 foes, a titleholder in five divisions and a lineal champion in four. He has taken on and taken out 19 men who held world titles at the time, who had won them before or would win them after. His competition still struggles to compete with him. They may have their moments, but never do those moments come when the name of the winner is read. Nineteen of his fights have gone to the judges. Only two of those 57 scorecards have failed to be in his favor.

He got paid $41.5 million [Click Here To Read More]
Great piece.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:02 AM
way2strong
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 way2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 104,502,234,599,734.08

I actually thought may was going to knock ginger out yesterday he stood in the pocket like a boss..respect.. for that fight that is.. go back and read my post I already knew canelo was hype fuk goldenboy.. I'm never biased and on everything manny paq would have tore may apart no need to hate or discredit just add 2 n 2 and use your mind a bit
Old 09-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,237,057.99
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2strong View Post
I actually thought may was going to knock ginger out yesterday he stood in the pocket like a boss..respect.. for that fight that is.. go back and read my post I already knew canelo was hype fuk goldenboy.. I'm never biased and on everything manny paq would have tore may apart no need to hate or discredit just add 2 n 2 and use your mind a bit
You only think of him as hype because of what Floyd made him look , but Floyd made JMM look just as bad and we saw that he is a real force at elite level , its not Canelo or JMM its Floyd , when you want to box Floyd your going to get embarrassed .

Canelo is a good fighter you watch what he does over the next 5 years , people are always down playing the opposition because Floyd makes them look so bad , these fighters a part of the best currant fighters out there .

People are always trying to bring Floyd back to the field , instead of seeing how far ahead of it he really is .
Old 09-16-2013, 02:54 AM
budfr
Stick N Move 2 Slick

Rep Power: 11 budfr has a reputation beyond reputebudfr has a reputation beyond reputebudfr has a reputation beyond reputebudfr has a reputation beyond reputebudfr has a reputation beyond reputebudfr has a reputation beyond reputebudfr has a reputation beyond reputebudfr has a reputation beyond reputebudfr has a reputation beyond reputebudfr has a reputation beyond reputebudfr has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 43,403.04

Castillo and ODLH already defeated him. They were robbed. Canelo was slow because of weight drain and still Floyd couldnt hurt him, just outjabbed him and ran the last two rounds. Margarito or Williams could have beaten him but he was afraid to fight them. So would Pacman. If you throw punches in bunches and make it a brawl, you win. Guerrero forgot to do it. Ortiz was actually bullying him but was cheapshotted.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:57 AM
J The UnBiased
Banned

Rep Power: 0 J The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,010,069,509.88
boxingscene's f*ck boy - Ogecca MaMa get em J! Tell em about dem slick brothas! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfr View Post
Castillo and ODLH already defeated him. They were robbed. Canelo was slow because of weight drain and still Floyd couldnt hurt him, just outjabbed him and ran the last two rounds. Margarito or Williams could have beaten him but he was afraid to fight them. So would Pacman. If you throw punches in bunches and make it a brawl, you win. Guerrero forgot to do it. Ortiz was actually bullying him but was cheapshotted.
Your posts are pure comedy
Old 09-16-2013, 03:03 AM
way2strong
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 way2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 104,502,234,599,734.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded View Post
You only think of him as hype because of what Floyd made him look , but Floyd made JMM look just as bad and we saw that he is a real force at elite level , its not Canelo or JMM its Floyd , when you want to box Floyd your going to get embarrassed .

Canelo is a good fighter you watch what he does over the next 5 years , people are always down playing the opposition because Floyd makes them look so bad , these fighters a part of the best currant fighters out there .

People are always trying to bring Floyd back to the field , instead of seeing how far ahead of it he really is .
go read my past post ... no resume what so ever.... don't remember if it was yahoo that said it or someone here think about a rookie kobe bryant trying to take on jordan in his prime ....not going down.. and jmm was a featherweight when fraud blew the catch weight you can only imagine what would of happened had he fought him now that hes filled into a 147 frame .he landed some Hefty shots

Edit: oscars a drag queen who only won 4 rounds..

Last edited by way2strong; 09-16-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:21 AM
Boxing lives
Contender

Rep Power: 5 Boxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,254.56

Quote:
i never have the impression floyd will stop anyone. his only recent KO's are off a cheapshot and against a british drunk. floyd has a better chance of winning a heavyweight belt then he did scoring a KO last night.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:23 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,237,057.99
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Quote:
go read my past post ... no resume what so ever.... don't remember if it was yahoo that said it or someone here think about a rookie kobe bryant trying to take on jordan in his prime ....not going down.. and jmm was a featherweight when fraud blew the catch weight you can only imagine what would of happened had he fought him now that hes filled into a 147 frame .he landed some Hefty shots

Edit: oscars a drag queen who only won 4 rounds..
That's what you don't get m JMM was the same weight he was against Pac and Floyd was a pound lighter than Manny was .

You don't understand the conditions , you waffle about weight in fights between two great counter punches where weight is not used , Floyd just showed you skills with heavier guys and showed the exact same skills with an ATG from a lower division , those guys beat Manny , Canelo would flog Manny at 152 , with Floyd they are no contest , open your dam eyes to whats happening at both ends of the scale with Floyd , he does the same to all unless he decides to stand toe to toe to toe as in Cotto , and he told us prior to the fight he was going to do it , WFT work this sht out its not hard .

JMM wants nothing to do with fighting Floyd again at any weight , Nacho said you cant beat Floyd with a bat , and you hang on missing the weight by a pound , because that's the only negative you can harp on , all the evidence says Floyd will school JMM at any weight .

Your in denial kid .
Old 09-16-2013, 03:30 AM
Boxing lives
Contender

Rep Power: 5 Boxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing lives has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,254.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded View Post
That's what you don't get m JMM was the same weight he was against Pac and Floyd was a pound lighter than Manny was .

You don't understand the conditions , you waffle about weight in fights between two great counter punches where weight is not used , Floyd just showed you skills with heavier guys and showed the exact same skills with an ATG from a lower division , those guys beat Manny , Canelo would flog Manny at 152 , with Floyd they are no contest , open your dam eyes to whats happening at both ends of the scale with Floyd , he does the same to all unless he decides to stand toe to toe to toe as in Cotto , and he told us prior to the fight he was going to do it , WFT work this sht out its not hard .

JMM wants nothing to do with fighting Floyd again at any weight , Nacho said you cant beat Floyd with a bat , and you hang on missing the weight by a pound , because that's the only negative you can harp on , all the evidence says Floyd will school JMM at any weight .

Your in denial kid .
all the evidence says floyd queefed himself fighting jmm so he purchased a weight advantage. he could have easily made 144 but was fearful to be on an even playing field. he knows on equal terms he might have been the one sleeping. he would have been on his back looking up at the lights getting caught going backwards though. Floyd weighed 160 for that fight so that he would be able to take the shots he knew a master technician like jmm would land. go ahead and say jmm wants no part of floyds. its a safe thing to say with him being signed to top rank.