Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-27-2013, 07:10 PM
KiloTeague
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 KiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 88,769.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloTeague View Post
Based on the video, who was the better fighter Roy or Floyd?

I'm fine with this percentage breakdown.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-27-2013, 07:10 PM
firstborn
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 firstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond reputefirstborn has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,924.36

Roy is better in his prime, Floyd is better overall.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:44 AM
KiloTeague
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 KiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these partsKiloTeague is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloTeague View Post
Based on the video, who was the better fighter Roy or Floyd?

The answer is, and always will be, ROY!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:49 AM
Marvellous1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Marvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 20,022,304.30

Prime for prime, I have to go with Roy Jones for many of the reasons stated. His dominance captured the imagination and he beat to better names than Mayweather has managed to do.

The thing is, when I judge fighters, I like to judge the WHOLE fighter, not just the parts that make me feel warm a fuzzy inside. Jones went up like a rocket, light up the sky, but came down like a burnt out comet. Mayweather didn't rise as fast, hasn't burnt as bright but is coming down like a feather and still looking hard to beat despite declining in certain ways.

Both great fighters that achieved so much and increased my love for boxing, Roy Jones was otherworldly when at his peak and I have no need to cut into either guy to make my point.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:51 AM
No.
Banned

Rep Power: 0 No. has a spectacular aura aboutNo. has a spectacular aura aboutNo. has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 2,797.78

Roy...

Was more dominant over better oppostion.
Was hit less
Lost fewer rounds
And had the threat of one punch KO power and could've got ANYBODY out of there from 160-175 if he chose to step on the gas.

Floyd only has Roy beat in longevity. But i wonder what Floyd's staying power would've been like if he had've dropped 2 weight divisions to fight Hatton in his strongest weight class (after facing DLH @ 154) seeing as though he couldn't even lose 2 pounds for a guy coming up 2 divisions to face him... Could he have gotten Tarver'd?
Old 11-15-2013, 06:20 AM
Cinci Champ
Subliminal

Rep Power: 6 Cinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond reputeCinci Champ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,301,843,303,467.08
Total Points: 3,936,726,343,380.17
Good player on fantasy betting - valero 

the obvious/easy answer is floyd but man was roy jones fun to watch and his hand speed for his size was un human I think both of them are just so much better then competition that they will go down as 2 of the most un appreciated fighters but if your asking who is the better boxer i have to go with floyd
Old 11-15-2013, 07:42 AM
craigus1990
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 craigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,082,300.06
You really are a doughnut - lparm 

I am of the opinion that Roy was the most impressive to watch and marvel at but Floyd in his prime was the more effective and efficient boxer. You could say that P4P Roy is quicker and hits harder (although Floyd could bang at 130 - 135 and is very fast himself). Floyd has a better skillset, better chin, better defense, better in ring IQ, more versatile.... and just about everything else... Floyd took the athleticism of Roy and mixed in the IQ and skills of Hopkins and Toney...
Old 11-24-2013, 04:29 PM
KiloTeague
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellous1 View Post
Prime for prime, I have to go with Roy Jones for many of the reasons stated. His dominance captured the imagination and he beat to better names than Mayweather has managed to do.

The thing is, when I judge fighters, I like to judge the WHOLE fighter, not just the parts that make me feel warm a fuzzy inside. Jones went up like a rocket, light up the sky, but came down like a burnt out comet. Mayweather didn't rise as fast, hasn't burnt as bright but is coming down like a feather and still looking hard to beat despite declining in certain ways.

Both great fighters that achieved so much and increased my love for boxing, Roy Jones was otherworldly when at his peak and I have no need to cut into either guy to make my point.

On point with this.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:30 PM
KiloTeague
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by No. View Post
Roy...

Was more dominant over better oppostion.
Was hit less
Lost fewer rounds
And had the threat of one punch KO power and could've got ANYBODY out of there from 160-175 if he chose to step on the gas.

Floyd only has Roy beat in longevity. But i wonder what Floyd's staying power would've been like if he had've dropped 2 weight divisions to fight Hatton in his strongest weight class (after facing DLH @ 154) seeing as though he couldn't even lose 2 pounds for a guy coming up 2 divisions to face him... Could he have gotten Tarver'd?
And this too.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:03 PM
KiloTeague
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_Bo View Post
Floyd...superior skill. Jones was more of a genetic freak, and Floyd is more of an intelligent boxer.
Yeah but if they were able to fight at a weight, Roy and his gifts, would beat Floyd and his technique.