Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-16-2013, 10:42 AM
joeboy1983
Contender

Rep Power: 7 joeboy1983 will become famous soon enoughjoeboy1983 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,014,788.59
Default Why Canelo Tried..

Just sitting here wondering why Canelo tried to box with Mayweather who is a masterful counter puncher and defensive fighter. During All access Canelo and his team would say stuff like I'm just as fast and my ring intelligence is underrated. Leading everyone to believe he would try to outbox Mayweather in the fight.. I just thought it was all rhetoric.

At the end of the day, if he got an undeserved draw with that fight plan, He actually could of won the fight if he sold out with a mauling style. I think he needs a new trainer!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 122 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,898,154,275,138.13
Total Points: 14,898,154,470,695.14
Good tutorial - MANIAC310 Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes 
please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis 
One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 
happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

That's funny, I was in here saying that and everyone was insulting me for it. You guys over thought this thing.

The only way to beat Mayweather is to pressure him for 12 rounds and not stop. Put Leo Santa Cruz cardio and style into Canelo's body.

Non stop pressure for 12 rounds and force Mayweather to fight. Everyone falls into his trap and boxes.

There's a reason Mayweather avoided a prime Marg 5 years ago at 147, he knows that is the toughest style to deal with. Not saying Marg would have won, he just like to slow the fight down to his pace.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:51 AM
sbbigmike
Contender

Rep Power: 0 sbbigmike is infamous around these partssbbigmike is infamous around these partssbbigmike is infamous around these partssbbigmike is infamous around these partssbbigmike is infamous around these partssbbigmike is infamous around these partssbbigmike is infamous around these partssbbigmike is infamous around these partssbbigmike is infamous around these partssbbigmike is infamous around these partssbbigmike is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 10,013,973.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboy1983 View Post
Just sitting here wondering why Canelo tried to box with Mayweather who is a masterful counter puncher and defensive fighter. During All access Canelo and his team would say stuff like I'm just as fast and my ring intelligence is underrated. Leading everyone to believe he would try to outbox Mayweather in the fight.. I just thought it was all rhetoric.

At the end of the day, if he got an undeserved draw with that fight plan, He actually could of won the fight if he sold out with a mauling style. I think he needs a new trainer!
Boxing wasnt truly the plan, did he jab that much in rounds 1-4 no, he wanted to come forward from the start but Floyd threw off his confidence by walking him down instantly, and probably catching his attention with his power early on.

Then in the middle rounds it appeared that Nelo was content on boxing but that is still was not the case every jab he threw was simply to keep Floyd off of him while he was taking breathers Floyd noticed this instantly when they traded jabs and Floyd stuck his shoulder into Nelo's stomach and let off a a body left hook right hook, left hook head combo. If you watched his fights and I have watched at least 7-8 ugly Canelo fights before the event and he only jabs move and boxes when tired trying to keep his opponent off of him to take breathers like he did vs Mosley and Trout otherwise he's trying to stalk behind no type of jab

Canelo had no game plan but to hurt Mayweather a punch thats it, his lack of footwork shothimself in the foot from round one on and prevented
Old 09-16-2013, 10:53 AM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,686,197,196,988.84
Total Points: 7,697,197,713,463.85
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
That's funny, I was in here saying that and everyone was insulting me for it. You guys over thought this thing.

The only way to beat Mayweather is to pressure him for 12 rounds and not stop. Put Leo Santa Cruz cardio and style into Canelo's body.

Non stop pressure for 12 rounds and force Mayweather to fight. Everyone falls into his trap and boxes.

There's a reason Mayweather avoided a prime Marg 5 years ago at 147, he knows that is the toughest style to deal with. Not saying Marg would have won, he just like to slow the fight down to his pace.
****in cowboys.

That said, thats not the right way to beat floyd. Canelo could've kept punching and missing. tht would've made his defense even worse and then he likely gets KTFO.

Floyd is just on a completely different level and Canelo got too frustrated and depressed nt being able to hit him.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Rikanlynx86
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Rikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond reputeRikanlynx86 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 40,319.37
that Tito sig is hot - torosboxing75 

Quote:

I agree non stop pressure style is the way to go, also think kiko martinez style, who right now at 147/154 can do that for 12 rounds?
Old 09-16-2013, 10:56 AM
joeboy1983
Contender

Rep Power: 7 joeboy1983 will become famous soon enoughjoeboy1983 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

oh lord.. Not the Margarito stuff..At the end of the day, I'm not saying you can beat mayweather with pressure..I believe if you keep coming and get tired you would get Ko'd or stopped..IE Hatton.. Any way with that Said Hatton is the only fighter that kept coming, all else di what Mayweather said they do..They stop punching cause they didn't want to get knocked out.. At least Hatton went out on his shield
Old 09-16-2013, 10:59 AM
joeboy1983
Contender

Plan after 4 rounds of fighting Mayweather..

DON"T GET KNOCKED OUT.. I don't care how feather fisted you guys think he is.. the guys that fight him don't!!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:04 AM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

Rep Power: 61 dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,966,950,233,806,833,664.00
Total Points: 1,969,371,265,558,756,352.00
thank you good sir - thuggery Thanks man - Jloro dan_cov makes Boxingscene a better place - valero Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed 
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed thanks - DannYankee09 p4p poster.  Thank you for keeping it 100% - damit305 you have great predictions - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas you deserve a medal for being a truly truly atg poster - jas 
I see you hit the lotto...congratulations :fing02: - -jose- Congrats good call. - Scott.Weiland. Enjoy - kennylimon solid - SlySlickSmooth ATG poster - Croyd 
a cookie for ur kitchen post lol - sugarsmosley Thx 4 points,made WC more fun - Scott.Weiland knows s**t about boxin' - SlySlickSmooth No Message - Scott Weiland Ran out of greenies - Beercules 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Everyone claims to have the blueprint to beat Floyd.

Usually its pressure, pressure, pressure. You realise if he tried that he would of got even more fu.cked up, right?
Everytime he tried to pressure, he got made to miss & countered to death.

Do this, do that, he can't for a start, its not in him and it would of played further into Floyds hands. The guy could of had a damn lumphammer in each hand, he still wasn't doing sh1t.
Just like Donaire vs Rigo, different levels. Two totally different classes of fighters.

It doesn't matter what they do, outside of a million to one shot they're never going to win.

Last edited by dan_cov; 09-16-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:05 AM
TheMexHurricane
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 TheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 45,811.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboy1983 View Post
oh lord.. Not the Margarito stuff..At the end of the day, I'm not saying you can beat mayweather with pressure..I believe if you keep coming and get tired you would get Ko'd or stopped..IE Hatton.. Any way with that Said Hatton is the only fighter that kept coming, all else di what Mayweather said they do..They stop punching cause they didn't want to get knocked out.. At least Hatton went out on his shield
LMAO!!! 3 words....

Jose Luis Castillo
Old 09-16-2013, 11:13 AM
TheMexHurricane
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 TheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 45,811.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_cov View Post
Everyone claims to have the blueprint to beat Floyd.

Usually its pressure, pressure, pressure. You realise if he tried that he would of got even more fu.cked up, right?
Everytime he tried to pressure, he got made to miss & countered to death.

Do this, do that, he can't for a start, its not in him and it would of played further into Floyds hands. The guy could of had a damn lumphammer in each hand, he still wasn't doing sh1t.
The idea is to constantly pressure and hope that Floyd gets more tired than you are "f*cked up" and that you have enough left to take advantage. That gives you a chance. Boxing Floyd gives you zero chance. Even without the pressure you could tell Floyd was tired in the chanpionship rounds. Imagine what alot more energy expenditure woulda done? Simple.