Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-14-2013, 07:25 AM
-Huey-
The Money Team

Rep Power: 28 -Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 168,899,639,559,582.66
Total Points: 168,899,640,073,909.38
thread-would jesus forgive margarito? Post #6 - jazluvr449 No Message - -Huey- and you'll take care of the second one.... alriiiiight - Rockin' most underated poster - BostonGuy b-day boy - project xxx1 
congratulations fam - Larryx2011 for being good sport in the, "start rumors" thread - jose830 happy birthday - hhs661 Happy Birthday :kiss: - Bossy No Message - dan_cov 
Happy birthday. - dan_cov Happy Birthday bro! - jose830 Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you. - jose830 :D - happyman 
WINNER!! Correctly guessing Rees' height, 5'4"!! - thuggery 10 days in the slammer is not easy,  have some real food - jose830 beer on bday boy. - led Happy Belated birthday - -jose- courtesy of Arum's Protection Plan, IDIOT!  :lol1:  :lol1: - Kuyukut 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey 

Prime Chavez Sr knocks Pacquiao out cold.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-14-2013, 07:30 AM
prinzemanspopa
queenmanspopa

Rep Power: 11 prinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 525,448.36
No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 Top Poster - Stone Roses! one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - nightowl Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - GALACTUS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnedup View Post
Ain't Chavez Sr been spouting nonsense about Canelo for close to 4 years now? I guess because Jr isn't getting the same love at Televisa that Alvarez gets.

Because he isn't a mindless fool blinded by nationalism? He said nothing at all derogatory about Alvarez here and is merely predicting what the vast majority of boxing fans think will happen.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:17 AM
Garcia's Dad
Disrespectful Savage

Rep Power: 24 Garcia's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeGarcia's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeGarcia's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeGarcia's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeGarcia's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeGarcia's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeGarcia's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeGarcia's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeGarcia's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeGarcia's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeGarcia's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 528,389,576,860.96
Total Points: 560,696,956,270.52
Have a virtual beer on me. - S a m u r a i Hopefully this will help now that you have given up streams - danc1984 i felt bad for you cos i have more gifts than you. what can i say? im more likable :) heres a banana - vanilamilkshake for being a hating lil faag - Sir TomJones for destroying larry, that was entertaining - Alx. 
there there kid, there there - Earl Hickey absolute destruction of the forums biggest shit poster larryx - I'm so sorry underrated poster - -MAKAVELLI- Top bloke - Aztec Wanker for slapping around the fanboys - I'm so sorry 
top poster - -MAKAVELLI- No Message - jose830 14084702 never forget - RlCKY 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ▀ringer View Post
Canelo's not stupid enough to try to outmuscle or outwork Mayweather. I don't know why so many people still think that that's the key to beating him just because Castillo did it well in their first fight against an injured Floyd.

De La Hoya won 16 rounds out of the collective 36 judged rounds against Mayweather boxing intelligently. I imagine Canelo is going to try to do the same but with more efficiency down the stretch. That is the intelligent thing for Alvarez to do in this fight.
I agree. The very idea of trying to box with Mayweather is risky for obvious reasons but you really have to be smart in there with him. Attacking him from the get-go to try go get him out of there is not going to work - and when it doesn't, it's going to lead Saul to be fatigued for the rest of the fight.

Canelo said something very interesting I thought, about how he doesn't care if it's a good fight, he just wants the win (can you imagine Hatton/Ortiz/Guerrero saying that?) That comment makes me think he's gonna try to put the onus on Floyd much more than he is used to. Even JMM, for all his smarts, got suckered into leading in his fight with Floyd. Canelo is not going to try to force the fight, he has no pressure on him to entertain, and you just wonder when the boos are cascading down after they've been posing and feinting for a couple of rounds, whether Mayweather might feel pressured into coming forward.

I think they're going to try to counter Floyd, even when he's on the backfoot (he gets off first alot even then anyway). Ultimately, it's going to be a mix of counter-punching and pressure. I wouldn't be surprised if the fight is stinky.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Mutchie6g
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these partsMutchie6g is infamous around these parts
Bank: 42,209.33
Total Points: 150,820.90
thanks - Mutchie6g No Message - Mutchie6g No Message - Mutchie6g No Message - Mutchie6g WAR GROVES!!!! - golden247 

Canelo has every advantage he has YOUTH & ENERGY & STRENGTH !!!!!

I think Floyds defence will play a major part in how this fight goes if Canelo is not able to land early it will be interesting to see how he reacts...Saying that id like to see Floyd taken down a peg or ten !!!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 AM
NachoMan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 NachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 36,367.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Wolf View Post
I agree with Sr. I don't feel Canelo is going to assert himself nearly enough to give himself a chance of winning. He's made references to this being a "chess match" and crap like that. BIG mistake thinking that way. Floyd knows Canelo isn't capable of consistently pressing him. Thus tomorrow.
Yes, agree 100%. I just wonder if Canelo has the stamina to press for very long. This may sound dumb, but I think Canelo should plan a 4-round fight strategy. Go balls to the wall for 4 rounds and see what happens. If he lets Floyd warm up and get comfortable, then Floyd is going to do what he always does.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 AM
NachoMan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 NachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Huey- View Post
Prime Chavez Sr knocks Pacquiao out cold.
Agree, but what a hellacious fight that would have been.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:04 AM
J The UnBiased
Banned

Rep Power: 0 J The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these partsJ The UnBiased is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,010,068,846.88
boxingscene's f*ck boy - Ogecca MaMa get em J! Tell em about dem slick brothas! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jago1986 View Post
A prime Chavez would give Mayweather hell and possibly beat him at 135 or 140lbs. Chavez was never a natural 147
there is no planet where Chavez even has a competitive fight with Floyd.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:31 PM
JamesEarl
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 3,284.19
Default Canelo in 5 years beats the Floyd of today

But Canelo cannot beat Floyd now at 23. Impossible
Old 09-14-2013, 01:15 PM
NachoMan
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by J The UnBiased View Post
there is no planet where Chavez even has a competitive fight with Floyd.
You OBVIOUSLY have not seen video of a prime JCC. Go check out some mid-80's JCC fights, his fight against Ruben Castillo for example, and see what you think. Too many people on here seem to think Chavez was in his prime in the mid-90's. Chavez was an absolute beast in his prime who would have given any fighter hell. Not sure if a prime Mayweather would have taken a points victory over Chavez, but that would have without question been his toughest fight ever. As it stands, most people think Jose Luis Castillo was Floyd's toughest fight. A prime Castillo was nothing compared to a prime JCC.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Berry Picker
I love to pick

Rep Power: 56 Berry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond reputeBerry Picker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,451,136,705,096.42
Total Points: 1,463,187,399,764.26
your a good poster. - RJJ The Truth Thanks for your time amigo - anonymousboxing Top Notch Poster - Perro salud homie - Makavelli I know, I would of shit all over Cotto if it was him. - Ch@mpBox@PR 
No KO but still a nice win for your man Pwill! - BattlingNelson For speakin the truth homey - mangler the ownage on your thread deserves a drink - Makavelli Top poster. Cheers big dawg - mangler Here's to real talk - MANGLER 
Viva los Fish Tacos - Libido Sanchez flomo killa deserves a beer - -pound4pound- pinoys and mexicans dont just drink 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- smart mofo, a gift homie, that is all - Tha_Greatest You hold the record for quickest ban, congrats!!! - WarFace 
great poster, keep owning the racists that lurk this forum - Band-Aid have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier still dropping pwns daily - -MAKAVELLI- keep exposing the catchweight king FM - hectari stay gold - sugarsmosley 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer2k5 View Post
Styles make fights. FLoyd beats chavez at any weight.
lol, Chavez sparring partner beat Floyd, but Julio himself wouldn't?