Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-06-2013, 02:24 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,086,468,511.11
A gift from boxinglibrary.com - vze2hhvj 16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus 
Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts 
A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
.........no homo - MANIAC310 for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Post Comments Thread For: Building Mayweather Promotions

By Thomas Gerbasi - No one likes to get booed, especially in their hometown, but when Leonard Ellerbe took to the microphone for the Washington D.C. stop of the press tour for the Floyd Mayweather-Saul Alvarez bout on June 25th and got an earful from the Canelo faithful, it was music to his ears.

“Going to D.C. after growing up in the area, for me to step up to the podium in my hometown and get booed, that blew me away,” laughed Ellerbe on Wednesday in New York City, where he and the other power hitters of the promotion – Golden Boy’s Richard Schaefer and Bruce Binkow and Showtime’s Stephen Espinoza – discussed the business of putting together the biggest boxing event of 2013. And Ellerbe, the CEO of Mayweather Promotions, which is co-promoting the card, got an inkling back in June just how big this fight could be.

“At that point, I knew we had something special.”

These days, much of the talk about Mayweather-Alvarez centers on the possibility of it shattering the Pay-Per-View buy rate (2.5 million) and gross ($132 million) of Mayweather’s 2007 bout against Oscar De La Hoya. It was in that bout that Mayweather proved himself to be a Pay-Per-View draw, something that has been reinforced in each of his bouts since.

Yet while “Pretty Boy” morphed into “Money” and saw his tax bracket and profile change, one of the constants has been Ellerbe, the pound-for-pound king’s longtime advisor and now the one running his promotional company. And while the relationship remains the same, Ellerbe’s life has also been altered considerably.

“It’s changed quite a bit,” he said. “I went from working 18 hours a day and now I’m working 26 hours (Laughs), but it’s a wonderful thing, being hands on, right along with Floyd, and developing these young guys. For me, having the experience to play an integral role in his events from every aspect, from the promotional side to the training side, I’ve been able to pass on a lot of this information to the younger guys, and it’s been very beneficial because as you will see as our company continues to grow, the fighters will continue to evolve.”

Unlike most fighters’ “promotional” companies, which usually result in a namecheck in a press release and little more, indications are that this isn’t just a vanity label for Mayweather, but an entity building a solid roster of fighters that have been consistently finding their way onto Golden Boy cards and televised broadcasts. According to Boxrec.com, next week alone will see nine of the team’s 10 fighters in action, and that’s not even counting the September 14th headliner, Mayweather. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-06-2013, 02:42 AM
prettyboyroy
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 prettyboyroy is infamous around these partsprettyboyroy is infamous around these partsprettyboyroy is infamous around these partsprettyboyroy is infamous around these partsprettyboyroy is infamous around these partsprettyboyroy is infamous around these partsprettyboyroy is infamous around these partsprettyboyroy is infamous around these partsprettyboyroy is infamous around these partsprettyboyroy is infamous around these partsprettyboyroy is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,792.18

TMT in this biiitch!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:03 AM
johnnyrambo
Contender

Total Points: 2,584.03

Good Stuff, Great Article!..., Boxing needs builders not busters. Wwho cares who they are. Next thing you know, you got Networks working together & boxing becoming more of what it used to be.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:21 AM
MindBat
floyd gobbler

Rep Power: 53 MindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,417,010,229,915.49
Total Points: 4,417,010,232,414.43
great shit, man. - sweet pea 50 It's a Monster Khaos Slushy son!!!  Enjoy.. - abosworth You funny muthapucka you... - sweet pea 50 Thanks, To bad you didnt pop it for me (no homo) - Golden Boy 360 Good Debater - deanrw 
Happy 10000 post - led Top Poster - MARKBNLV Happy Holidays Bat! - Lorily respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Merry Christmas - -Kev- cheers - WESS couldnt green so - sugarsmosley 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dj emz AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey 

I think Don king has taken somewhat of a consultant role with TMT. His experience is gold.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:37 AM
RawDawgHasSpokn
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 3 RawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 110,000,018,251.99
No Message - MDPopescu 

Pretty good article with no drama. I like that.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:43 AM
JamesEarl
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these partsJamesEarl is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 3,295.19
Default Ellerbe got some huge nostrils

You could put silver dollars in both of Ellerbe's nostrils.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:22 AM
nathan_nall
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 nathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond reputenathan_nall has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 36,019.47

That's because you are excrement, Leo. And I don't mean just human excrement either... I mean something really nasty like lizzard scat.

The boos were because you don't belong behind the microphone. Floyd is the star. Al Haymond is the brains. What are you, if not the "cheerleader"?

I will go to my grave regretting that I didn't fly to D.C. so I could boo you myself.... regretting the fact that I missed yet another chance to raid the local clinic, gather something that passed through the system of a sick old woman, and flavor your iced tea with it.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:41 PM
shoog
Contender

Rep Power: 0 shoog is infamous around these partsshoog is infamous around these partsshoog is infamous around these partsshoog is infamous around these partsshoog is infamous around these partsshoog is infamous around these partsshoog is infamous around these partsshoog is infamous around these partsshoog is infamous around these partsshoog is infamous around these partsshoog is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 9,512.36

I try to stay above the name calling but looking at that picture of Ellerbe I couldn't help think "that is one UGLY motherfcker".
Old 09-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Foreign Soil
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Foreign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond reputeForeign Soil has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 110,043,892.58
america is shook - sakura storm Homo in red - JAB5239 Wipe your chin - JAB5239 a blue parallelogram just for you sir - sugarsmosley one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2014 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - sakura storm 

Building Mayweather Promotions, one muscle group at a time, with PEDs.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:45 PM
twosweethooks
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 twosweethooks has a reputation beyond reputetwosweethooks has a reputation beyond reputetwosweethooks has a reputation beyond reputetwosweethooks has a reputation beyond reputetwosweethooks has a reputation beyond reputetwosweethooks has a reputation beyond reputetwosweethooks has a reputation beyond reputetwosweethooks has a reputation beyond reputetwosweethooks has a reputation beyond reputetwosweethooks has a reputation beyond reputetwosweethooks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,367,758,636.02
Total Points: 34,367,792,354.45
To an absolutely horrible poster. - ShoulderRoll cheers to an ATG poster - sugarsmosley a tremendous poster - jas 

There will and has always been

the GOOD

the BAD

and

the D### UGLY