Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Boxing Scene
Boxing Scene

Rep Power: 21491 Boxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,000,000,000,740,294,656.00
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Merry Christmas - TBear New gift for the New Year! - TBear Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Exclamation Tommy Morrison Update - 8/26/13 - New article added - Mother says he's dying of AIDS.

See last post from me for update from Fight News

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=43

ESPN Published this article today and this picture of Tommy. I've been trying to find updates/etc. and there's been nothing from him for over a year now, until this came out today.

Full Article:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...test-big-fight

In a house on the edge of a dead-end road, an old woman waits for her son to die. The call will come any day now, she says, and when it does, she wants her youngest boy to be buried in Sulphur Springs, Ark., with the rest of the family. She dreads and hopes for this call, if that makes any sense. Only none of it makes sense.

Diana Morrison crushes a Pall Mall, lights another and dissects her son's fate. She's matter-of-fact about it, barely emotional, perhaps because Tommy Morrison, former World Boxing Organization champion, former HIV cautionary tale, has stared at death before. But this time it's different.

She says he has full-blown AIDS. She believes he's in his final days. His skin is jaundiced; his liver is failing. "He's too far gone," she says, flashing an incredulous look when asked whether he could recover. "He's in the end stages. That's it." She says Morrison has been bedridden for a year, can't speak and is being kept alive with the help of a feeding tube and a ventilator.

[+] EnlargeTommy Morrison
Bobby Bank/Getty ImagesTommy Morrison in April 2011 at an event in Parsippany, N.J.

"I talk to him on the phone," she says. "I tell him that the family loves him, he's always in our prayers. What can you say to him? I don't tell him to keep fighting or nothing, because I want him to go."

She is interrupted by her ex-husband, who's living with her now because he's had a couple of strokes. Tim Morrison wraps his arms around Diana, and she tells him to go lie down, but he keeps pacing around the house with a blank look on his face.

It's the middle of the afternoon, but the house is dark. Diana lights another cigarette. She is slight but imposing, harsh but sentimental; she's a woman with tattoos on her arm and her great-granddaughter's pink bike parked outside the house.

Diana gets up off her chair and searches for proof of her son's status, pulling down a picture from the wall. It captures one of the last times she saw her son. She's not good with dates, and can't remember when it was taken, but Tommy is thin, gray-bearded -- barely recognizable as the strapping, confident man from six years ago who swore he was not HIV-positive and vowed a comeback. In the photo on the wall, he looks lost.

It's been about a year since she last saw him. It's complicated. She just had back surgery; he's been shuffled to various health care facilities in at least three states. She says she doesn't have the money to leave her house in Aurora, Mo., and drive hundreds of miles to see him. There's tension between her and Morrison's wife, Trisha, and at the moment, it seems thick. In her heart, Diana believes her daughter-in-law loves Tommy, but is keeping him alive through extraordinary means. She says Tommy wouldn't want it this way.

She says Trisha, like Tommy, doesn't believe he has HIV.

"Tommy blowed smoke up her butt about it," Diana Morrison says. "He's been in denial ever since he's had it. So he's blown smoke up her rear end and got her believing."

The women communicate daily by text. It's easier that way. Diana says he's in a hospital somewhere in Nebraska. Morrison's wife, reached by phone, declines to say where he is. She doesn't want the hospital to be inundated with reporters and visitors. "He is somewhere," she says, and adds that she is touching his arm as we speak. She says he was to have surgery Thursday to replace a gastrointestinal tube. She is steadfast that his illness is not HIV-related.

Since Feb. 10, 1996, when the Nevada Athletic Commission said Morrison tested positive for HIV before a fight, the 44-year-old has spent most of his days dodging the diagnosis. And now Trisha Morrison, who married Tommy two years ago, is carrying on that battle. She says both of them question whether the virus exists in him, and if it exists at all.

She says Morrison's health issues began more than a year and a half ago, when a doctor left a 12-foot piece of surgical gauze in his chest for eight days. She declines to name the hospital or doctor, only that it happened in Tennessee. Things got worse, she says, when he contracted Guillain-Barr Syndrome, an ailment in which the immune system attacks the peripheral nervous system. She says Morrison has the rare Miller Fisher variant, which manifests as a descending paralysis.

She has hope, but it's all up to Tommy now, she says. God and Tommy. She hangs up the phone, and texts a photo of a gift she says Tommy gave her before he got sick. It's a picture of a heart-shaped piece of wood, and on it is a handwritten note.

"Don't give up on me!!" it says.

Last edited by Boxing Scene; 08-26-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,314,895,240,526.20
Total Points: 2,560,895,448,139.88
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

It's crazy that Morrison and his wife still deny that he has AIDS. Is it because they don't wanna face the fact that he caught it by either cheating or injecting drugs with a contaminated syringe?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:38 AM
K-DOGG
Mitakuye Oyasin

Rep Power: 45 K-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond reputeK-DOGG has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,079,310.73

Depending upon what you read, there's plenty of controversy concerning AIDS and the HIV virus; but this is not the forum to discuss it. What's important here is the sadness that surrounds the entire situation. Morrison denied it from when he was first diagnosed; and now the truth has come knocking.

I wish him and is family peace. Tommy was a helluva fighter who could have done a lot more than he did; but what is boxing history when it comes to your life and your health?

Peace and prayers.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Boxing Scene
Boxing Scene

Rep Power: 21491 Boxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Scene has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,000,000,000,740,294,656.00
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Merry Christmas - TBear New gift for the New Year! - TBear Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-DOGG View Post
Depending upon what you read, there's plenty of controversy concerning AIDS and the HIV virus; but this is not the forum to discuss it. What's important here is the sadness that surrounds the entire situation. Morrison denied it from when he was first diagnosed; and now the truth has come knocking.

I wish him and is family peace. Tommy was a helluva fighter who could have done a lot more than he did; but what is boxing history when it comes to your life and your health?

Peace and prayers.
If you watch his Maury Povich interviews on Youtube when he first got it he was in complete acceptance. Most people think he's been on the medication since he got it.

Here's the first part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmKj8RBlNAc

Last edited by Boxing Scene; 08-23-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:48 AM
HughJass
420 Boxingscene

Rep Power: 47 HughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,503,607,268,229,052.00
Total Points: 21,503,607,268,231,104.00
for a good man - jazluvr Cheers homie! - jose830 No Message - Mr Ehrmantraut Just learned gifts, long over-due, this is for your munchies! - RightJab Happy 4th to you too, bro! - jazluvr 
BS Bday! :fing02: - jose830 Happy B-Day! - Oasis_Lad Happy e-b-day man. Have fun finding your g-spot with that thing. - Fistic Happy Birthday to my fellow Rigotard! - DosRounds Happy Birthday to my fellow Rigotard! - DosRounds 
Have a beer filled with my semen - led* Long time man, im not around so much anymore, but here is a beer as they dont sell reefers in the shop lol - chav For what the cunts will do on here. It will be like Inception and Matrix. We are Cunts! - Master Cvnt Welcome back my Ninja! - jose830 thanks man. - RightJab 
Thanks for the birthday pm homie it's greatly Appreciate it :beerchug: - jose830 lol - -jose- Haha munchies - Beercules hope you get well soon good friend - -jose- 5001 post son! - -jose- 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

damn sad to see a strapping man withered down to that size , my prayers are with him.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:55 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 125 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,991,002,427,015.68
Total Points: 4,268,002,763,426.37
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

It will be a great day when we can cure this sh*t.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:09 PM
ИATAS
Legend

Rep Power: 159 ИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,729,335,764,380,386.25
Total Points: 3,657,290,383,607,814.50
Have a virtual beer on me. - FRKO Good Poster! - J. HITTER Thanks for the help dude. - S a m u r a i For the brilliant post in lady's atheist 2 thread. - ABOSWORTH Bhop gif. I will send you gift number 2 when you actually finish it. :) - Precision 
Cocktail hour - mangler hey, you richly deserved the shiet right here, right now - cleaner147 to complete ur mothafukkin collection - cleaner147 War Hopkins!!!...Anyways Here Is A Gift My Man - BritishBoxing92 War Natas!!! - Old Coward 
Tye Tye Tye - DorianWozniacki one of my favourite posters - Blah! BURRRRRRRRR! - led's baby mama happy bday homey - MANGLER Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
great game thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 Great thread - Boxing Goat -Rapernick- :lol1: - -jose- It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for making classic threads - jas Great poster - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Autism - Lorily Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jas Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - jas Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jas 

It's so sad he's only 44 but looks 60!

Obviously treatment and medication has come a long way for hiv, but he's neglected proper treatment and has abused drugs. Sad story.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:19 PM
hectari
Racist Floyd Fans Hate Me

Rep Power: 5843 hectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,023,698,849,384.15
Total Points: 26,023,698,941,212.46
Great job exposing these idiots - thuggery So you can kiss your favorite boxer's butt - ShoulderRoll pepsi on me... - PAC-BOY A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers brotha :afro: - Opinionated 
Some great posts - jas funny anti-pac and anti-floyd troll - jas one of the greats - sugarsmosley hilarious heavyweight pic thread lmao - jas he's one lucky wanker - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
It's so sad he's only 44 but looks 60!

Obviously treatment and medication has come a long way for hiv, but he's neglected proper treatment and has abused drugs. Sad story.
Thats scary.

He could have lived longer but he couldn't afford the treatment cause he spent everything on drugs after he retired from boxing because of the HIV.

The weird part of this story is the woman who sleeps with him without a condom, this is what baffles me about women, there are good men out there who can't even get a chick to love them, but you have these women who will love a guy who is screwed up and believe him and feel sorry for him, like those chicks who marry serial killers in prison.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,314,895,240,526.20
Total Points: 2,560,895,448,139.88
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Scene View Post
If you watch his Maury Povich interviews on Youtube when he first got it he was in complete acceptance. Most people think he's been on the medication since he got it.

Here's the first part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmKj8RBlNAc
Sure, medication can make you delirious but what about his wife? Why is she in denial too?
Old 08-23-2013, 12:21 PM
DwightMare
Contender

Rep Power: 0 DwightMare is infamous around these partsDwightMare is infamous around these partsDwightMare is infamous around these partsDwightMare is infamous around these partsDwightMare is infamous around these partsDwightMare is infamous around these partsDwightMare is infamous around these partsDwightMare is infamous around these partsDwightMare is infamous around these partsDwightMare is infamous around these partsDwightMare is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 2,865.04

That's not Tommy Morrison that's Glass Joe.