Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who's got the best resume?
Khan 35 64.81%
Alexander 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Navigation

#101
Old 08-21-2013, 11:13 AM
-PANDA-
..Playa by Nature..
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: here and there
Posts: 6,196
Rep Power: 26 -PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,502,796,642.76
Bank: 44,650,506,079,469.42
Total Points: 44,666,008,876,112.18
a panda always wins - Tha_Greatest SuperPANDA is a playa fa sho!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! i enjoy ur posts - led have a beer on me - led Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacedUp View Post
As I already said before, past his prime are probably not the best words to use, but he didn't fight the best Maidana. He fought him at a new weightclass, and he was coming off inactivity and against low rated opponents, whereas he was a top contender coming off fighting against top fighters vs Khan.
I think u're confusing who was coming from a lay off...alexander was coming off an 8 month lay off...

alexander wasn't accustomed to fighting as a welterweight either and I honestly consider morales higher rated than cayo and a heavily faded corley who actually did a number on maidana


Quote:
He came in with his head first a lot that night. Forgive Khan for pushing him away. Regarding the KD, I think Peterson himself said that the first was more of a KD than the second.
if u look at the video he was pushing peterson down and away even when he wasn't close to being butted, and he got warned for it on those instances
Reply With Quote
-PANDA- is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#102
Old 08-21-2013, 11:20 AM
SD180sx
Contender
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 353
Rep Power: 0 SD180sx is infamous around these partsSD180sx is infamous around these partsSD180sx is infamous around these partsSD180sx is infamous around these partsSD180sx is infamous around these partsSD180sx is infamous around these partsSD180sx is infamous around these partsSD180sx is infamous around these partsSD180sx is infamous around these partsSD180sx is infamous around these partsSD180sx is infamous around these parts
Points: 8,794.84
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,794.84
Default

Khan gets my vote
Reply With Quote
SD180sx is online now
#103
Old 08-21-2013, 11:23 AM
-PANDA-
..Playa by Nature..
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: here and there
Posts: 6,196
Rep Power: 26 -PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,502,796,642.76
Bank: 44,650,506,079,469.42
Total Points: 44,666,008,876,112.18
a panda always wins - Tha_Greatest SuperPANDA is a playa fa sho!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! i enjoy ur posts - led have a beer on me - led Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
We're comparing Khan and Alexander's wins over Maidana.

You claim Maidana is a "better fighter" now. I said that's because he's fighting weaker, more suitable opposition.

How do you then come back with "DURRR Khan looked bad against Diaz" as a viable retort?

Khan has held world titles and beaten numerous world class fighters. I ask again - Has Maidana?
I meant MY reasoning includes how alexander has an edge over khan resume wise

I'm saying maidana is a better fighter now than he was when he faced khan but that wasn't my point...I was just pointing out alexander fought an equally good if not slightly improved version of maidana is all

-because khan hasn't got any quality wins at welterweight...in fact he doesn't even deserve to challenge alexander for his title

-to answer ur question: no maidana has not faced and beaten AS MANY world class fighters as khan, but he hasn't lost as much to the ones he faced either...I don't think that applies to khan as well does it?


Quote:
It applies any time a fighter gets to choose how many rounds they fight. The fact that you discount this very salient point shows how ignorant you are. Just because it backfired against a better fighter in Matthysse doesn't mean that Alexander didn't use the 10 round stipulation to try to gain a huge advantage against two fighters who are dangerous up until the 12th and final round.
the only one calling this a salient point is u...I don't think it's salient at all
if it doesn't work into ur advantage...it's not an advantage...that simple

u're implying alexander and his team have some kind of crystal ball saying he's a got a way better chance at winning if they insist on a 10 round fight...while logic suggests that didn't work for them after the matthysse fight AND BEFORE the maidana fight
Reply With Quote
-PANDA- is offline
#104
Old 08-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Dirk Diggler UK
Welbzil
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 35,426
Rep Power: 99 Dirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 21,248,898,989.15
Bank: 6,262,884,543,197.87
Total Points: 6,284,133,442,187.02
Great find on the Joe C vid where he says he wants RJ and BH. - Johnny Chingas Funny man! - The Surgeon True Boxing Fan - kyshenko team Boring Arsenal - Sir TomJones I enjoy your posts and any fan of the Prince is a friend of mine. What football team do you support? - rorymac 
can't green you right now, but here's a gift. cheers! - chiguy91 Supporter of bisexual London boxers - S~T~J Arsenal Fan - siablo14 Just saw, 20k posts, Congrats!  (no doubt tons of those were tormenting OG lol) :wave: - Bossy No Message - jazluvr 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Because you're delusional - Boxing Goat Khan's Army - Box-Office Maybe this is bigger than collazo!Enjoy it! - fundicao 
For your mouth. - Scott.Weiland For owning American posters - jas kick this retarded cretin - Rammstein For exposing bias ignorant racists like BD - hectari Good broner thread - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -PANDA- View Post
I meant MY reasoning includes how alexander has an edge over khan resume wise

I'm saying maidana is a better fighter now than he was when he faced khan but that wasn't my point...I was just pointing out alexander fought an equally good if not slightly improved version of maidana is all

-because khan hasn't got any quality wins at welterweight...in fact he doesn't even deserve to challenge alexander for his title

-to answer ur question: no maidana has not faced and beaten AS MANY world class fighters as khan, but he hasn't lost as much to the ones he faced either...I don't think that applies to khan as well does it?
The point is that Maidana hasn't beaten any world class fighters and until he actually does, you can't really say he's improved.

Beating fighters that are fringe world level and more suited to your style doesn't mean you have improved.



Quote:
Originally Posted by -PANDA- View Post
the only one calling this a salient point is u...I don't think it's salient at all
if it doesn't work into ur advantage...it's not an advantage...that simple

u're implying alexander and his team have some kind of crystal ball saying he's a got a way better chance at winning if they insist on a 10 round fight...while logic suggests that didn't work for them after the matthysse fight AND BEFORE the maidana fight
It's like saying that if Canelo knocks Floyd out, then the 152 catchweight wasn't Floyd's idea for trying to gain an advantage because he lost

Sometimes sh1t backfires (Oscar cherry picking Manny is another example). Doesn't change the fact that it's easier to fight 10 rounds than 12 rounds. That's simple fuking mathematics. Ypu're discounting six full minutes of a fight as if they mean nothing.
Reply With Quote
Dirk Diggler UK is offline
#105
Old 08-21-2013, 11:37 AM
hhs661
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,786
Rep Power: 29 hhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond reputehhs661 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 27,955,848,634.33
Bank: 179,136,550,501,852.66
Total Points: 179,164,506,350,487.00
Thanks for ur help homie - The Surgeon haha, great manny ipod songs! - chiguy91 Keep it hard, keep it classy - lparm Funny mofo - Sugar Booger 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Mangler Jewnior Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - snakehandler7 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - snakehandler7 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 
Default

Gotta go with Alexander. I could see the training in people choosing Khan but I think Devon's resume is slightly better
Reply With Quote
hhs661 is offline
#106
Old 08-21-2013, 11:39 AM
-PANDA-
..Playa by Nature..
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: here and there
Posts: 6,196
Rep Power: 26 -PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,502,796,642.76
Bank: 44,650,506,079,469.42
Total Points: 44,666,008,876,112.18
a panda always wins - Tha_Greatest SuperPANDA is a playa fa sho!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! i enjoy ur posts - led have a beer on me - led Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
The point is that Maidana hasn't beaten any world class fighters and until he actually does, you can't really say he's improved.

Beating fighters that are fringe world level and more suited to your style doesn't mean you have improved.
it's ur opinion that they're more suited to maidana's style...I don't agree with that at all seeing as soto karass was the bigger if not stronger fighter and josesito was the boxer. I can tell he's improved by the way he paces himself and sets up punches better than he used to



Quote:
It's like saying that if Canelo knocks Floyd out, then the 152 catchweight wasn't Floyd's idea for trying to gain an advantage because he lost
entirely different......
Quote:
Sometimes sh1t backfires (Oscar cherry picking Manny is another example). Doesn't change the fact that it's easier to fight 10 rounds than 12 rounds. That's simple fuking mathematics. Ypu're discounting six full minutes of a fight as if they mean nothing.
also entirely different...a catchweight suggests an advantage to the fighter able to make the weight more comfortably, a 10 round fight can work in both fighters' advantage...

I'm not discounting those two rounds, I'm discounting it works in one of the fighters' favor as evident in the matthysse fight
Reply With Quote
-PANDA- is offline
#107
Old 08-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Dirk Diggler UK
Welbzil
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 35,426
Rep Power: 99 Dirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 21,248,898,989.15
Bank: 6,262,884,543,197.87
Total Points: 6,284,133,442,187.02
Great find on the Joe C vid where he says he wants RJ and BH. - Johnny Chingas Funny man! - The Surgeon True Boxing Fan - kyshenko team Boring Arsenal - Sir TomJones I enjoy your posts and any fan of the Prince is a friend of mine. What football team do you support? - rorymac 
can't green you right now, but here's a gift. cheers! - chiguy91 Supporter of bisexual London boxers - S~T~J Arsenal Fan - siablo14 Just saw, 20k posts, Congrats!  (no doubt tons of those were tormenting OG lol) :wave: - Bossy No Message - jazluvr 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Because you're delusional - Boxing Goat Khan's Army - Box-Office Maybe this is bigger than collazo!Enjoy it! - fundicao 
For your mouth. - Scott.Weiland For owning American posters - jas kick this retarded cretin - Rammstein For exposing bias ignorant racists like BD - hectari Good broner thread - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -PANDA- View Post
it's ur opinion that they're more suited to maidana's style...I don't agree with that at all seeing as soto karass was the bigger if not stronger fighter and josesito was the boxer. I can tell he's improved by the way he paces himself and sets up punches better than he used to
Josesito Lopez and Soto are gatekeepers. Soto is a brawler who are the type of fighters that Maidana shines against. Lopez boxes a bit but has never proved to be an world class boxer.

Wake me up when Maidana looks good against a top level boxer and we'll see how much he's really improved. Broner will likely beat his ass comfortably.



Quote:
Originally Posted by -PANDA- View Post
also entirely different...a catchweight suggests an advantage to the fighter able to make the weight more comfortably, a 10 round fight can work in both fighters' advantage...

I'm not discounting those two rounds, I'm discounting it works in one of the fighters' favor as evident in the matthysse fight
A 10 round fight is more advantageous to a non-punching boxer like Alexander than punchers like Maidana or Matthysse. Once again, it's simple logic. Use your head.

Why the hell do you think Alexander's team wanted 10 rounds if not for an advantage?
Reply With Quote
Dirk Diggler UK is offline
#108
Old 08-21-2013, 12:02 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14,897
Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 200,105,881,671.55
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,105,881,671.55
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 
Default

I see Dirk Diggler UK is back after last weekend......
Reply With Quote
4Corners is offline
#109
Old 08-21-2013, 12:04 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14,897
Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 200,105,881,671.55
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,105,881,671.55
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 
Default

Ayways. I gotta go with Khan.

Khan has wins over Kotelnik, Paulie, Maidana, Judah, and arguably a win over Peterson, it was a close fight.

Alexander has wins over Witter, Urango, Maidana, and Bailey. I don't really rate Alexanders wins over Lucas or Kotelnik, he didn't really beat them in my eyes. Judah has more of an argument at beating Lucas than Devon does.
Reply With Quote
4Corners is offline
#110
Old 08-21-2013, 12:23 PM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,133
Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 300,000,010,000,090,432.00
Bank: 13,849,776,616,832.24
Total Points: 300,013,859,776,707,264.00
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 
Default

I am surprised Khan got the most votes. I vote for Alexander without a doubt. He only has one loss and two wins he should have lost. He has never been knocked out and only been knocked down once. He has won world titles at both 140 and 147. Khan has been KOed twice and never won a fight at 147.I think he will beat Khan with no problem if they fight. Khan was lucky to win his last fight against and unranked average fighter.
Reply With Quote
boliodogs is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
alexander, best?, khan, resume, who's

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.