Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 08-21-2013, 06:52 AM
luke1979
Contender

Rep Power: 5 luke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 42,209.49

Have to become at one with the violence, it does get easier with time and experience. Understand and accept you are totally on your own, no one can help or do anything for you. You chose to put yourself in this position and its fully down to you to get yourself through it.

What I'm saying is you have to find your own way and in time you will, what works for that guy doesn't mean it will work for you. We are all different. It's natural and normal to ask hey what should I do, how should prepare and blah blah blah.

The only small thing I would say is to remember your opponent probably feels at least the same way or worse. He's just a man not a machine so there's nothing to worry about. As long as your clear in your conscience that you did everything you could to prepare, then the best man will always win.

But the harsh truth is your on your own and you have to find what works for you. And you will. You are what 3 fights in already and you got through those by yourself. It isn't going to get harder. Ok the fights will be tougher but your mental approach won't be.

I wish you all the best and want you to know that when you win it was all you.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-22-2013, 10:54 AM
One more round
GGG make toney good boy

Rep Power: 13 One more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 76,300.76
Total Points: 10,012,803,615.53
one of the worst posters in the history of boxingscene - Freedom2014 Easily the worst member of NSB - Red Cyclone to make yourself look pretty for LacedUp - Weltschmerz sit on this, fanboy. then do your homework little piss ant - Weltschmerz suck it slut - Weltschmerz 
suck biatch - Rammstein pop some bottles m8 - sugarsmosley Calm down babe - dan_cov you are very stupid - Freedom2014 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Freedom2014 

Nerves are normal. I would get nervous as **** before my first 5 or 6 fights but then after that i calmed down a bit and judt got used to it, its all experience, once you get used to being in the ring and knowing you have done what you need to do in training to be there you get the confidence to think past your nerves and think about what need sto be done in the ring technique and game plan wise.

Confidence is power, confidence in yourself nd your abilities. Knowing you have put in the work gives you that confidence.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:01 AM
One more round
GGG make toney good boy

Rep Power: 13 One more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond repute
one of the worst posters in the history of boxingscene - Freedom2014 Easily the worst member of NSB - Red Cyclone to make yourself look pretty for LacedUp - Weltschmerz sit on this, fanboy. then do your homework little piss ant - Weltschmerz suck it slut - Weltschmerz 
suck biatch - Rammstein pop some bottles m8 - sugarsmosley Calm down babe - dan_cov you are very stupid - Freedom2014 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Freedom2014 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
Look, so many people are going to give you advice on this subject and the reality is, it's up to the type of person you are.

I have fighters that are on the verge of getting sick leading up to a fight. I have other fighters that sleep and don't even think twice about it.

I used to get nervous, but once I got hit, everything was ok.

Experience is going to determine how you handle the nerves, the more you fight, the more familiar the whole experience is going to be.
^^^ this

I was never for some reason afraid to get hit or nervous about the violent aspect of boxing, that was natural for me to mix it up. What scared me was failing in front of the crowd and looking like a **** fighter. But once i got confidence in my boxing style i got over that. So that worked for me, but other people need a different approach.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Big BRICKS
your girl let me smash

Rep Power: 69 Big BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond reputeBig BRICKS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,901,902,535,416.49
Total Points: 1,906,469,833,281.91
from the alpha male of street fighter, TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE! - Ether Stop getting banned mister! :spankme: - *La Patrona* Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy parallelogram son - KING MEAT 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 

My coaches always told me to leave emotions out of it, but there was no other way for me to deal with the anxiety. I would picture the man across from me as a demon that i need to tactically destroy with precision and rage.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:18 AM
One more round
GGG make toney good boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big BRICKS View Post
My coaches always told me to leave emotions out of it, but there was no other way for me to deal with the anxiety. I would picture the man across from me as a demon that i need to tactically destroy with precision and rage.
Perfect example of different approaches. I fight like complete **** if i fight angry, and that goes for the ring or the street. I need to think and be precise, even if i am feeling anger.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:35 AM
RawDawgHasSpokn
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 RawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond reputeRawDawgHasSpokn has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 110,000,021,487.59
No Message - MDPopescu 

I thrive on em. Its better to have them than not in the beginning of any competition.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Max Mad
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Max Mad has a reputation beyond reputeMax Mad has a reputation beyond reputeMax Mad has a reputation beyond reputeMax Mad has a reputation beyond reputeMax Mad has a reputation beyond reputeMax Mad has a reputation beyond reputeMax Mad has a reputation beyond reputeMax Mad has a reputation beyond reputeMax Mad has a reputation beyond reputeMax Mad has a reputation beyond reputeMax Mad has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 26,301.62

meditation and breathing exercises relax me a lot.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:33 PM
lovetopunch
Banned

Rep Power: 0 lovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,007,440.16
with bacon - jose830 No Message - deanrw 

breathing exercises. they won't eliminate nerves (which would be counter productive in my opinion, we need to be nervous) but they will help you stay relaxed.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:34 PM
lovetopunch
Banned

Rep Power: 0 lovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond reputelovetopunch has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,007,440.16
with bacon - jose830 No Message - deanrw 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Mad View Post
meditation and breathing exercises relax me a lot.
i guess I should have read the thread before i responded. good post.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:09 PM
cameronpaul
Contender

Rep Power: 6 cameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,344.62

a beer or two usually does the trick for me