Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-16-2013, 04:27 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,089,084,046.34
16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler 
unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 
Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 
for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Post Comments Thread For: After Monaco, Allakhverdiev Becomes a 140-pound Enigma

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - You ever go into a fight with one vibe on a guy and come out with another, even in a win?

Well… it happened to me on Saturday afternoon.

I settled in to a comfy chair and dialed up a live stream of the IBO title fight between young lion Khabib Allakhverdiev and old geezer Souleymane M'baye, fully expecting the sort of blowout that’d affirm the feeling I’d had that the Russian was an undiscovered gem among the 140-pounders.

I’d seen video of his four-round beatdown of Kaizer Mabuza to win the belt in Moscow last summer, then tuned in live when he handed Joan Guzman his first L via technical decision last fall in Sunrise, Fla., a short jaunt from my front door on the Sunshine State’s other coast.

And while I concede the combined age of those two foes was something north of 68 years, there was still enough in the way Allakhverdiev dispatched them to make me buy what he was selling – that he was someone worthy of a bigger stage against some of the bigger junior welters.

Of course, meeting the 38-year-old M’baye before 1,000 paying customers in Monaco fit neither of those bills to begin with, and the uneven performance the winner put on before finally finishing his man in the 11th round supplied observers with more questions than answers going forward.

There’s no argument to the point that – regardless of how he ultimately won the fight – Allakhverdiev beating a guy with exactly one win since 2010 wasn’t going to prove much. Still, with that the case, it was an ideal time for the wannabe to add a minute or two to his YouTube feature reel. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-16-2013, 04:43 AM
King_
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 King_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,399,013,292.11
Well deserved - HaglerSteelChin Another one - HaglerSteelChin herecomesthemoney.gif - HanzGruber To wipe your tears with pussy - Boxing Goat Nuthugger - Pigeons 

Khabib was never in any trouble, he was just taking too many rounds off and that frustrated JDJ because he knew if he would of kept the pressure up from the very start he could of been out of there sooner, he still dropped him 3 times. He'll be fine.

Khabib-Mayfield
Khabib-Crawford
Khabib-Alvardo (if he doesn't fight provodnokov)

Would all be good fights next. I would like to see khabib versus Crawford personally because Crawford replaced him in the Prescott fight.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:27 AM
any craic lad?
TOMDWAR

Rep Power: 16 any craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 167,601.29
great poster - El Cabron WARGARITO! - Rich Loc Jr drink up lad.. - the mesiah 

I thought it was a decent performance at times he was too respectful but he got Mbaye out off there in the end
Old 07-16-2013, 12:59 PM
giacomino
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 giacomino has a reputation beyond reputegiacomino has a reputation beyond reputegiacomino has a reputation beyond reputegiacomino has a reputation beyond reputegiacomino has a reputation beyond reputegiacomino has a reputation beyond reputegiacomino has a reputation beyond reputegiacomino has a reputation beyond reputegiacomino has a reputation beyond reputegiacomino has a reputation beyond reputegiacomino has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 35,754.38

M'baye was a ludicrous opponent for a title defense. Seemed like Allakhverdiev could have gotten him out of there within five rounds if he'd put his foot on the gas. He looks like the real deal at times, fast and accurate, but he shouldn't have had to go into the 11th to KO a corpse like M'baye.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:31 PM
fitzbitz
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 fitzbitz is just really nicefitzbitz is just really nicefitzbitz is just really nicefitzbitz is just really nicefitzbitz is just really nice
Total Points: 3,973.76

Agreed on the M'baye assessment as a challenger. But FYI... for all those who think the IBO is ludicrous and should be disregarded, he was ranked in the 40s on the IBO computer. He was ranked No. 2 by the WBA - with exactly one win (against a 7-11 opponent) since 2010. Maybe it's the IBO that's doing it right and everyone else that ought to be ignored.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:17 PM
pigsfly
mental hospital toughness

Bank: 403,416.06
Total Points: 10,101,449,197.88
To a good poster. - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by King- View Post
Khabib was never in any trouble, he was just taking too many rounds off and that frustrated JDJ because he knew if he would of kept the pressure up from the very start he could of been out of there sooner, he still dropped him 3 times. He'll be fine.

Khabib-Mayfield
Khabib-Crawford
Khabib-Alvardo (if he doesn't fight provodnokov)

Would all be good fights next. I would like to see khabib versus Crawford personally because Crawford replaced him in the Prescott fight.
all of the names you mentioned beats him...............

i would like to see the bout with mayfield though............
Old 07-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 66 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 39,829,343,304.49
Total Points: 50,171,167,327,650.73
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzbitz View Post
Agreed on the M'baye assessment as a challenger. But FYI... for all those who think the IBO is ludicrous and should be disregarded, he was ranked in the 40s on the IBO computer. He was ranked No. 2 by the WBA - with exactly one win (against a 7-11 opponent) since 2010. Maybe it's the IBO that's doing it right and everyone else that ought to be ignored.
How does the "IBO computer" work?

Anyway, I don't think people are giving enough credit to M'Baye.

The guy was badly hurt a number of times but kept fighting his way out of it, giving Khabib something to think about with his riposte. I thought the stoppage was a touch early too.

Allakhverdiev looked very good, just didn't have the killer instinct to finish his opponent.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:12 PM
King_
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 King_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond reputeKing_ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,399,013,292.11
Well deserved - HaglerSteelChin Another one - HaglerSteelChin herecomesthemoney.gif - HanzGruber To wipe your tears with pussy - Boxing Goat Nuthugger - Pigeons 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigsfly View Post
all of the names you mentioned beats him...............

i would like to see the bout with mayfield though............
I think Khabib beats them all. Regardless of what you think though, those are the type of fights that's going to happen next for him.