No announcement yet.

Boxing vs. Street Fighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing vs. Street Fighting

When it comes to a street fight or a real life fight (can be in a bar or anywhere)....There's a lot of questions and curiosity as to what martial art actually works and what may not. A lot of **** seems gimmicky to people. Some might be and others might vary depending on how experienced the person is in that art also.

At first I was confused on who was the guy who knew how to box in the beginning. As you watch though you'll see he comes back. Better endurance and technique than the "street fighter"....Still kinda sloppy but I think that was due to his confidence rising.

Boxing works in real fights as long as the fight doesn't go to the ground. If it goes to the ground, time to fight dirty or find a way back up! lol

Any fight training is better than none, common sense......

Comment

pfft boxing only works against a guy who gonna let you box him, try to stay on the out side of some dude trying to scrap you and everyone gonna call you a pussy and make fun of your ass scared to let them hands go toe to toe, get bum rush gotta learn how to to turn and pivots to use dude momentum against him or end up on your ass on the ground getting stomped out.

Street fighting is way different then boxing, boxing is always good to know to place your shot better but more often then not you guys are gonna end up colliding trying to out muscle the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        Any fight training is better than none, common sense......
        One of my friends was in "Karate" for a few years when he was a kid. He got to Black Belt I don't remember what degree. But he told me straight up like aye that stuff is alright probably will never be used in a real fight.....And as he got older and into real fights he didn't use his Karate because he told me that crap ain't gonna work lol....And the days he was in Karate he did tournaments and all that so he was pretty into back in the day.

Comment

A jab can work really well in street fighting if you know how to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            A jab can work really well in street fighting if you know how to use it.
            so true mate, the only street fight i got in i jabbed the guy twice and he had that "wtf?" look on his face. ive never boxed in my life but i was like floyd mayweather that night haha. dude walked away after i hit him about 6 times just with a jab and he was swinging away with wild hooks

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.B View Post
              pfft boxing only works against a guy who gonna let you box him, try to stay on the out side of some dude trying to scrap you and everyone gonna call you a pussy and make fun of your ass scared to let them hands go toe to toe, get bum rush gotta learn how to to turn and pivots to use dude momentum against him or end up on your ass on the ground getting stomped out.

Street fighting is way different then boxing, boxing is always good to know to place your shot better but more often then not you guys are gonna end up colliding trying to out muscle the other one.
              Meh who cares about being called a sissy? Let the other dude get pumped up and play into the crowd. It'll make it easier for him to come in guns blazing and get cleaned out by a counter after throwing his sloppy punches.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.B View Post

hahaa, this is pretty pathetic. ))

all it takes is 1 punch, sometimes a combo or two to end a fight outside. boxers have huge experience, over regular guy outside. Snap and its over.

now on other hand, you MOB can box, run around, bring on referee may be? silly goose

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
                  When it comes to a street fight or a real life fight (can be in a bar or anywhere)....There's a lot of questions and curiosity as to what martial art actually works and what may not. A lot of **** seems gimmicky to people. Some might be and others might vary depending on how experienced the person is in that art also.

At first I was confused on who was the guy who knew how to box in the beginning. As you watch though you'll see he comes back. Better endurance and technique than the "street fighter"....Still kinda sloppy but I think that was due to his confidence rising.

Boxing works in real fights as long as the fight doesn't go to the ground. If it goes to the ground, time to fight dirty or find a way back up! lol
                  lol hard to box when the guy is running from u the whole fight! Where u going the fights right in front of you lmfao. A real street fight is when you blast the guy into next week before he even knows hes in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post

Street fighting is for complete and utter morons.

Comment

Working...
                    X