Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-24-2013, 02:43 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,088,136,467.61
16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler 
unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 
Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 
for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Post Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — How Much Credit Does Broner Deserve?

by David P. Greisman - This is an era in which seemingly anyone can be a world titleholder, with four major sanctioning bodies offering belts and baubles for everyone from the highest ranked to the highest bidder.

This is a business in which seemingly everyone’s career is navigated strategically, when an undefeated prospect is also often an untested one, and when even the true top talents have their opponents selected carefully to provide the appearance of accomplishment until they are truly ready to prove themselves.

And this is a sport in which the fans will doubt everyone and everything, with their opinions colored by their emotions and their expectations.

It’s no surprise, then, that what boxing fans thought of Adrien Broner’s win over Paulie Malignaggi depended on one of two things: what they thought of Broner before the fight, and what they thought would happen during it.

Broner has followed the blueprint of his boxing idol, Floyd Mayweather Jr., incorporating elements of his style and his shtick. Like Mayweather, he has positioned himself as an antihero to some and an antagonist to others. He is loved and loathed, rooted for and rooted against. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-24-2013, 03:14 AM
jvsnypes
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 jvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond reputejvsnypes has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,033,942.46

I think Pauli is a crafty C class fighter. He was never elite and never will be. But, he was still the champion and the fight was still in his back yard. Broner deserves a lot of credit for jumping 2 weight classes and fighting in Brooklyn. Pauli, though not elite, is a solid experienced fighter and is the best Broner has faced up to this point. Maidana will probably be next and he too is a C class fighter who presents different types of questions for Adrien to answer. Pauli had speed an experience where Maidana has raw power and determination. Will Broner be able to take that power? I think so. I think this kid is the real deal. There are only 2 questions left about him. Can he take a great shot and can he bounce back from adversity in the ring like a cut or knock down. Those are questions we have for all great fighters in the beginning. You can see from this fight with Pauli that he still has work to do because he is not a finished product, but he is only 23 years old. 2 more good solid fights and this kid will be elite. Outside the ring he has a love me or hate me mentality that will make him a rich man one day. In the ring behind all that gold and glitter stands a very tough street kid who will not take no for an answer. He's flashy but rough and I can't imagine anyone bullying him around in the ring. No doubt about it, he is a fighter and not a pretty boy. The sky is the limit for this guy so jump on the bandwagon now. 15 years from now, we will be comparing him to the greats.

Last edited by jvsnypes; 06-24-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:23 AM
pigsfly
mental hospital toughness

Bank: 358,221.91
Total Points: 10,101,403,607.56
To a good poster. - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

little to none considering all of the trash that he talks...................
Old 06-24-2013, 03:24 AM
thuggery
proper rock slanga'

Rep Power: 53 thuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,874,303,142,969,149.00
Total Points: 6,892,435,143,238,445.00
Thanks.  Let see if this works. - sdcluser Thankyou for your compliment. - Rockin' love &amp; peace - Lotus Flower Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks No Message - FkDaHtrs 
No Message - FkDaHtrs Haha thanks!  Here is a badass looking fish! - UglyPug Thanks man! - WARQUEZ Have a whopper!!!!! - E.P.T. one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
A legendary poster in the making. - WARQUEZ 4 some good luck coming your way - Rockin' destroying bandwagoners - .:: JSFD26 ::. already greened you, but props on posting that quote dissing c/w's - chiguy91 welcome back bro........ - bigsmoothh 
For a Toe to Toe poster! - LoadedWraps Good job! - Weltschmerz A brewski for a cool vato - hectari Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 i learned from the best, like you - Kuyukut 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery 

Credit.....for losing to Paulie and apparently not even getting drug tested?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:28 AM
tyotfo
Contender

Rep Power: 4 tyotfo is a jewel in the roughtyotfo is a jewel in the roughtyotfo is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 13,453.55

Anyone who had Broner on their pound for pound lists can now remove him.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:25 AM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 66 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,327,412,746.29
Total Points: 50,164,665,386,229.35
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

The main issue I have with Greisman's article is his reliance on the punch stats because I don't think they were accurate.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:25 AM
geokis88
Contender

Rep Power: 0 geokis88 is infamous around these partsgeokis88 is infamous around these partsgeokis88 is infamous around these partsgeokis88 is infamous around these partsgeokis88 is infamous around these partsgeokis88 is infamous around these partsgeokis88 is infamous around these partsgeokis88 is infamous around these partsgeokis88 is infamous around these partsgeokis88 is infamous around these partsgeokis88 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 10,000,014,653.79
Default little credit

Broner hand picked Paulie. He thought he was easy Pickings since he had a belt and had his face smashed in by Cotto, had his ass handed to him by Khan. Broner barely won that fight against a gamed Paulie. Disappointed former fan. Stick to showtime cause I'm not paying to see boner fight on ppv.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:46 AM
BajanXLegend
Contender

Rep Power: 0 BajanXLegend is infamous around these partsBajanXLegend is infamous around these partsBajanXLegend is infamous around these partsBajanXLegend is infamous around these partsBajanXLegend is infamous around these partsBajanXLegend is infamous around these partsBajanXLegend is infamous around these partsBajanXLegend is infamous around these partsBajanXLegend is infamous around these partsBajanXLegend is infamous around these partsBajanXLegend is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 3,089.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weebler II View Post
The main issue I have with Greisman's article is his reliance on the punch stats because I don't think they were accurate.
I'm not surprised Paulie landed less, because "EVERY ROUND ALL NIGHT" he probably only managed to hit boner once out of a 5/6 patty punch flurry.

Example: Shoulder > elbow > glove > shoulder > shoulder > body shot. do you really think this is scoring 6 times? LOL
Old 06-24-2013, 06:51 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 115 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 976,035,482,130.61
Total Points: 3,253,035,792,419.67
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanXLegend View Post
I'm not surprised Paulie landed less, because "EVERY ROUND ALL NIGHT" he probably only managed to hit boner once out of a 5/6 patty punch flurry.

Example: Shoulder > elbow > glove > shoulder > shoulder > body shot. do you really think this is scoring 6 times? LOL
Working hard there, aren't you?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:51 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 115 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 976,035,482,130.61
Total Points: 3,253,035,792,419.67
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Broner deserves the credit any fighter would get for winning tough against Paulie Malignaggi at this point. Whatever you feel that is.