No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BScene Staff Predictions: Mitchell vs. Banks Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BScene Staff Predictions: Mitchell vs. Banks Clash

Seth Mitchell was being groomed for a title shot prior to running into Johnathon Banks, who was grooming the heavyweight champion for a title defense a week before his own blockbuster win.

Banks racked up a career-best win, dropping Mitchell three times en route to a 2nd round knockout win to hand the former college football standout his first career loss as a pro boxer.

A rematch clause is what leads us to tonight’s co-feature attraction at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The bout comes in supporting capacity to Paul Malignaggi’s welterweight title defense versus Adrien Broner, with both fights airing live on Showtime (Saturday 9PM ET/6PM PT).

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm also thinking a mid round (5-8) stoppage for Banks

Comment

My money is on Mitchell to win by stoppage.

Comment

Mitchell sticks to the jab and straight like he did in the first round he'll take Banks out when Banks begins to open up a bit in the mid rounds.

Comment

Banks stops him again. Mitchell sucks that bad, and has a shaky chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris T Byrd View Post
            My money is on Mitchell to win by stoppage.
            Mitchell got worked over so bad last time though. That's got to be a tough thing to come back from and he is facing the guy that did that to him in his first fight back after 8 months. I don't see good things for him tonight.

Comment

Banks looked chubby at the weight-in, but I still see him stopping Mitchell midfight.

Comment

Can only see a repeat of the first fight. Banks wins by stoppage, probably within 3 rounds. Mitchell's as chinny as they come.

Comment

Mitchell learned from the last fight and puts on an impressive performance tonight.

Comment

Working...
                  X