Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Dr Rumack
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 16 Dr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,017,000,111,346.56
knowledgeable poster - thuggery for being a solid poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 Great poster - E.P.T. 

The talk is the same because it's coming from the same sort of people.

The worst and least knowledgeable fans in any sport tend to be the ones that follow the team or the individual that wins the most. When it comes to boxing, that doesn't mean that all fans of that guy are awful, just that the most awful fans will tend to attach themselves to that person. I'm sure that it was as true 50 years ago as it is now.

That fighter will have some fans who sincerely argue that the fighter is a 'great', but in doing so they can accept certain arguments that might call into question the extent of that greatness. You can have a reasonable discussion with people like that because fundamentally they're interested in the sport above all else.

It's not like that with the fanboys of the fighter who's on top. These people are drawn to the glory and their main source of joy in following that fighter is to gloat and to rub other people's faces in how great 'their' guy is. For them, acknowledging the flaws and the limitations of that claim to greatness defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

You're always going to get these people in every sport, especially boxing. And when Mayweather's gone they'll be attaching themselves to whoever replaces him. In 7 years time, you'll be seeing the same talk, because as long as sport itself exists, the gloating ignoramus will too.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-27-2013, 08:13 PM
junior gong
Banned

Rep Power: 0 junior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,841,842,224,484.44
Total Points: 3,842,851,923,183.99
A gift for my favorite bumsniff... - Kenny MF Powers one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. bumsniffing the trail of flomos on BS 24/7. - Body Movin' keep murking these floydiot bumsniffs, flomos kneel before you and kiss your feet - Turd &quot;hi yung doe&quot; looool - thuggery 
thx m8, can always count on the gongster to lay the smackdown - thuggery A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 joyeux noel - QuebecSTAR2 

Same excuses all the time.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:17 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 55 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,150,341,610.07
No Message - Sir TomJones Think of Joe C - Sir TomJones Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. 
you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh 
Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

Margarito is not the ceo of his own company! No fight!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:19 PM
I Love Jesus!
With a side of Freedom

Rep Power: 17 I Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,011,088,665.08
wishful thinking.. You're a Floyd lover for life :) - I'm so sorry have a cup of joe - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornton Melon View Post
If you look at the Margarito thread from 06, you see the same exact stuff from the most loyal followers. The more things change the more they stay the same. See if some of this stuff sounds familiar. On the possibility of facing Margarito here are some of the things said.

"Margarito needs to face somebody before he gets a shot at Floyd." Even though Henry Bruseles I guess had earned a shot at Floyd.

"After he beats Margarito, they will say he was just another bum." Another built in excuse.

"Floyd already beat the lineal champ in the division in Baldomir". Floyd fanboys love to hang on that one.

I have a couple of buddies that are fanboys and they love to point out that Canelo has to earn the right to face Floyd other than Trout. Even though beating Aydin and Berto was good enough for them for the Ghost to get a shot. I have also heard them say well after Floyd beats Canelo they won't give him credit and they will just look for somebody. Same old same old.
Who cares what they say Floyds cherry picker rep is set in stone at this point. Point proven the guy hasn't fought anyone thats his legacy. Looking great against the guys he's supposed to beat and coming up with excuses on the fights he's supposed to fight.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:21 PM
I Love Jesus!
With a side of Freedom

Rep Power: 17 I Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,011,088,665.08
wishful thinking.. You're a Floyd lover for life :) - I'm so sorry have a cup of joe - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIAC310 View Post
Something always stopped the

Margarito
Prime Cotto
Williams
Canelo
Pacquiao

fights from happening, but nothing stopped the

Baldomir
Guerrero
Ndou
Mitchell
Corely

fights from getting made

Money May da best doe
LMFAO not a secret anymore at least
Old 05-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Cgarcia
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Cgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,468,959,363.67
Total Points: 31,468,974,956.19

Quote:
Crazy how 7 years later the talk is still the same.
Nah. There's something different. They can't use the Arum excuse this time. Canelo and Mayweather are both GBP fighters. Arum is out of the way. Canelo is too big.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 PM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,759,092,694,951.29
Total Points: 19,759,092,952,797.27
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

Quote:

Margarito
Prime Cotto
Williams
Canelo
Pacquiao

Baldomir
Guerrero
Ndou
Mitchell
Corely

fights from getting made

Money May da best doe
Damn!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:02 PM
BafanaBafana
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 BafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 54,714.74
THIS so you can pretend SM is giving to you - HaglerSteelChin So long and thanks for all the fish! - BafanaBafana Goodposts - Jloro 
Quote:
If you look at the Margarito thread from 06, you see the same exact stuff from the most loyal followers. The more things change the more they stay the same. See if some of this stuff sounds familiar. On the possibility of facing Margarito here are some of the things said.

"Margarito needs to face somebody before he gets a shot at Floyd." Even though Henry Bruseles I guess had earned a shot at Floyd.

"After he beats Margarito, they will say he was just another bum." Another built in excuse.

"Floyd already beat the lineal champ in the division in Baldomir". Floyd fanboys love to hang on that one.

I have a couple of buddies that are fanboys and they love to point out that Canelo has to earn the right to face Floyd other than Trout. Even though beating Aydin and Berto was good enough for them for the Ghost to get a shot. I have also heard them say well after Floyd beats Canelo they won't give him credit and they will just look for somebody. Same old same old.
So if Soto-Karass beats Berto (as he's scheduled to fight him), does he get the next shot at Mayweather? He already beat Aydin in much more impressive fashion than Guerrero did.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Mojita
U.S. Marine

Rep Power: 10 Mojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond reputeMojita has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,776,717,295.60
Total Points: 100,776,722,828.70
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

i ain't gon lie though, viva mexico was ultimate troller and funniest margarito fan ever.

hated that guy lol
Old 05-27-2013, 10:42 PM
KickAzz
Banned

Rep Power: 0 KickAzz has a reputation beyond reputeKickAzz has a reputation beyond reputeKickAzz has a reputation beyond reputeKickAzz has a reputation beyond reputeKickAzz has a reputation beyond reputeKickAzz has a reputation beyond reputeKickAzz has a reputation beyond reputeKickAzz has a reputation beyond reputeKickAzz has a reputation beyond reputeKickAzz has a reputation beyond reputeKickAzz has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,067,843.23

Quote:

Margarito
Prime Cotto
Williams
Canelo
Pacquiao

Baldomir