Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-07-2013, 06:37 PM
F!x
It's In!

Rep Power: 7 F!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 534,398.13
Default If Khan doesn't move to the US he'll never improve

Khan flies over to the UK after every fight and chills out for months. What this means is that everything he learns with Hunter he will start to forget because he's not going to the gym regularly working on his technique.

Consequently, he'll have to relearn everything for each fight so it means he will always remain at the same level and never really improve. He'll be stuck at the crossroads so to speak, but never quite getting to the other side because the techniques aren't getting engrained into his brain. As soon as he learns something he leaves the country and starts to forget.

That's why the only option for Khan to improve is to move to the US and be close to his trainer, like any normal fighter.

I think Khan is stuck in the schedule of training that he had while he was with Roach but the difference now is that a new trainer is trying to teach him new things so in order to effectively learn those things he needs to spend much more time than before... A change is gonna come.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-07-2013, 06:45 PM
PACnPBFsuck
BigMac, BigKing or BigMic

Rep Power: 51 PACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 333,191,701,767,835.56
Total Points: 333,191,701,771,151.56
stream - BostonGuy TO THE U!!! - the mesiah Cheers bro! - dan_cov for good luck - jazluvr Happy Holidays PACnPBFsuck - !! AI-Holmes!! 
have a safe one bro! :beerchug: - jose830 No Message - dan_cov Congrats Buddy - EvilGenius thanks for the quick payment - -jose- thanks for quick payment - -jose- 
:beerchug: - -jose- about trillions - sugarsmosley 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - PACnPBFsuck AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - VERMIN Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!x View Post
Khan flies over to the UK after every fight and chills out for months. What this means is that everything he learns with Hunter he will start to forget because he's not going to the gym regularly working on his technique.

Consequently, he'll have to relearn everything for each fight so it means he will always remain at the same level and never really improve. He'll be stuck at the crossroads so to speak, but never quite getting to the other side because the techniques aren't getting engrained into his brain. As soon as he learns something he leaves the country and starts to forget.

That's why the only option for Khan to improve is to move to the US and be close to his trainer, like any normal fighter.

I think Khan is stuck in the schedule of training that he had while he was with Roach but the difference now is that a new trainer is trying to teach him new things so in order to effectively learn those things he needs to spend much more time than before... A change is gonna come.
I think it's too late to "relearn everything", he's at a point now where they have to refine what he knows, I think it's too late in the game for him.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 66 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,673,934,064.99
Total Points: 50,164,011,906,417.99
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

I agree with OP, he needs to show commitment and move full-time to San Francisco to work with his trainer.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:01 PM
ShovelThumb
Contender

Rep Power: 5 ShovelThumb has a spectacular aura aboutShovelThumb has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,584,538.79
Total Points: 11,600,145.70

Who cares..
Old 05-08-2013, 03:09 AM
F!x
It's In!

Rep Power: 7 F!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond reputeF!x has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
I think it's too late to "relearn everything", he's at a point now where they have to refine what he knows, I think it's too late in the game for him.
I mean the things Hunter teaches him in each fight camp, Khan doesn't keep working on those skills after the fight - he goes back to the UK and starts forgetting. So he has to relearn the same skills again for the next fight, it means he's never building up his skill-set, just relearning the same thing again and again. If he moves to the US, he trains everyday, the skills will become second nature.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:39 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,230,503.43
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weebler II View Post
I agree with OP, he needs to show commitment and move full-time to San Francisco to work with his trainer.
Wont make any difference the part thats broke cant be fixed .
Old 05-08-2013, 05:07 AM
F!x
It's In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded View Post
Wont make any difference the part thats broke cant be fixed .
That's what defense is for...
Old 05-08-2013, 05:28 AM
ShovelThumb
Contender

Rep Power: 5 ShovelThumb has a spectacular aura aboutShovelThumb has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,584,538.79
Total Points: 11,600,145.70

All Khan needs to do is get Hubba Bubba as a sponsor they will give him enough gum to strengthen his jaw or glue it back together when it gets smashed. No Need USA move.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:31 AM
wazaa.
Banned

Rep Power: 0 wazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond reputewazaa. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,209,763,757.86
Total Points: 50,303,843,549.55
Have an ice cream Khone! - Disposable Arts Oranje voor altijd!! - We$ley No Message - ABOSWORTH No Message - ABOSWORTH Don't rot your teeth out... - ABOSWORTH 
No Message - .Rich Loc. im the first to give you a ice creme nhomie, lol, thank me later, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest to the homey wazaa! - Pretty Boy 3 2 P4P one of BS #1 posters! - Pretty Boy 3 2 Keep up the good work homey! - Pretty Boy 3 2 
BS #1 P*ki - Pretty Boy 3 2 one more ice cream for you homie,  you are the king of the ice cream - Tha_Greatest one of boxingscene's best - Freedom Fighter No Message - !! AI-Holmes!! have an other.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
No Message - Sir TomJones Congrats On Your Victory Wazzeed - Rocky... good sport. - Ether Amir deserved to win - referee was crooked - Cinderella_Man superb poster, Amir is destined 4 greatness - thuggery 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Red October Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -IronMike- Gay and Lesbian Pride - Dye Gay and Lesbian Pride - Medved 
Childhood Cancer - Medved World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Waggly. Head and Neck Cancer - Earl-Hickey 

An other option is to fight 3 times a year instead of 2 times that he is doing now.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:43 AM
Prince Mongo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Prince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,075,503.04

Khan's whole game has been based on his speed. There is not a lot going on upstairs with him and his speed has been used to fluster his opponents. He does not see punches well and is not a thinker,getting the changes Hunter wants on automatic where he can perform them at his warp speed is a big ask and Khan is hard wired to do what he does already.
Under pressure he will resort to his main asset which is speed and the old habits will take over and the new stuff will go out the window.Making changes in habits on a deep level where it is second nature is actually more difficult when the student is super fast because everything is happening so fast where you can't monitor what you are doing especially when you have grooved in old bad habits. I don't think you can teach him too many new tricks just work round what he has got already which is what Roach did.
If he is to change which I don't think he is capable of he has to be with Hunter all the time. But he could actually get worse as right now he is very competent at his technical incompetence and that may be more dangerous to an opponent than Khan not being confident and competent performing technical competence.
IMO we have seen the high water mark of Khan and he will never really be considered as a force or threat to the top guys. I just don't see him getting better and just see more and more talk, a series of fights against lower level guys and then him getting battered when he steps up and then more and more excuses and Mayweather fight talk. That seems the pattern to me.