Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 04-23-2013, 06:51 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,485
Rep Power: 6 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Points: 10,000,226,137.92
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,226,137.92
Default TV ratings for Fury-SS on Channel 5 UK

1.45 million viewers.
Pretty standard for a Fury fight.

Very good when you take into account the late timeslot and the fact that it took place in another country. Fights that happen abroad tend to have a dip in viewers.
Reply With Quote
croz is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 04-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Michael Paine
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,670
Rep Power: 31 Michael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 164,973.82
Bank: 389,482,418,360.95
Total Points: 389,482,583,334.77
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Happy belated 1 year Anniversary. - E.P.T. Hahahaha, funny reply my ninja, here's another cake for your upcoming 2 year anniversary. - E.P.T. 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
1.45 million viewers.
Pretty standard for a Fury fight.

Very good when you take into account the late timeslot and the fact that it took place in another country. Fights that happen abroad tend to have a dip in viewers.
10pm isn't a late time slot and the figures aren't that good.
Reply With Quote
Michael Paine is offline
#3
Old 04-23-2013, 07:00 PM
lieutenant
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 142
Rep Power: 2 lieutenant is on a distinguished road
Points: 4,788.12
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,788.12
Default

Tyson Fury is entertaining. I am becoming a fan of his.

When are they gonna release Canelo-Trout ratings? Anyone know where to look for them.
Reply With Quote
lieutenant is offline
#4
Old 04-23-2013, 07:09 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,485
Rep Power: 6 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Points: 10,000,226,137.92
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,226,137.92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Own3d View Post
10pm isn't a late time slot and the figures aren't that good.
10PM is a late slot, that means it would have ended close to 12. Boxing is always in a late slot. That's late.

And this will likely be in the top ten for the week.

Here are the top ten ratings for Channel 5 the week before. Notice how number 5 is 1.3 mill. Tyson usually cracks the top 5.
http://www.barb.co.uk/viewing/weekly-top-30?_s=4

1 CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (TUE 2103) 2.13
2 TRAUMA DOCTORS (THU 2100) 1.83
3 THE MENTALIST (FRI 2102) 1.68
4 NCIS (WED 2102) 1.54
5 ONCE UPON A TIME (SUN 2102) 1.34
6 BIG BODY SQUAD (TUE 2000) 1.28
7 NCIS (SAT 2111) 1.27
8 PERSON OF INTEREST (SUN 2201) 1.25
9 LAW AND ORDER - SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT (SAT 2210) 1.23
10 ICE ROAD TRUCKERS (FRI 2000) 1.17

Last edited by croz; 04-23-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
croz is offline
#5
Old 04-23-2013, 07:12 PM
onechance87
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,647
Rep Power: 33 onechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 112,209,063,352.62
Bank: 48,919,636,661.41
Total Points: 161,128,700,014.03
up your as* puto - Ogecca MaMa you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 
Default

I enjoyed tyson fury fight,Hes a funny dude.
Reply With Quote
onechance87 is online now
#6
Old 04-23-2013, 07:12 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,485
Rep Power: 6 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Points: 10,000,226,137.92
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,226,137.92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieutenant View Post
Tyson Fury is entertaining. I am becoming a fan of his.

When are they gonna release Canelo-Trout ratings? Anyone know where to look for them.
When ratings are bad the trolls are usually the first to get their hands on them in order to rub them in people's faces. So I'd take it as a good sign so far.

They're probably waiting for the replay numbers. Don't know why the NBC numbers haven't come out yet. I say it probably did slightly better than the Adamek fight.
Reply With Quote
croz is offline
#7
Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Pies
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 43
Rep Power: 0 Pies is a jewel in the roughPies is a jewel in the roughPies is a jewel in the rough
Points: 274.24
Bank: 1,353,648,555.55
Total Points: 1,353,648,829.79
Default

Fury fought Nazis?


Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Reply With Quote
Pies is offline
#8
Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,485
Rep Power: 6 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Points: 10,000,226,137.92
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,226,137.92
Default

Boxing airs in a timeslot known as the Saturday night death slot. Basically it's a timeslot that doesn't attract many viewers because people tend to have better things to do on a Saturday. Back in the old days Saturday was a good day for TV, these days not so much, but boxing promoters were too dumb to bother changing the day when everyone else was fleeing the sinking ship. So basically the fact that boxing can compete with other sports and series while in such a god awful day and timeslot has always been quite impressive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graveyard_slot
Saturday nights
Until the 1990s, many popular series aired on Saturdays, including CBS series such as Have Gun - Will Travel, All in the Family, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, The Carol Burnett Show, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Early Edition and Walker, Texas Ranger, as well as NBC's The Golden Girls and its numerous spin-offs, and most networks maintained a full schedule (though the night was also often used for airing movies). However, in the past decade, a similar situation to Friday nights has emerged, with fewer viewers in front of a TV set. The last major efforts to program Saturday nights ended in 2001, when CBS canceled Walker, Texas Ranger and NBC failed with the XFL. Thus, since 2004, the mainstream U.S. networks have largely abandoned original programming on Saturday nights in favor of reruns and occasionally sports coverage (with the exceptions of Fox, which has continued to air its long running reality show COPS, and CBS, which continues a limited first-run presence with 48 Hours Mystery). In recent years, a new trend has emerged where a show that is considered to be a ratings failure (or is already canceled) is moved to Saturday nights to finish airing its original episodes (examples include NBC's Crusoe and the CBS miniseries Harper's Island in 2008***8211;09, CBS' Three Rivers and ABC's The Forgotten in 2009***8211;2010, NBC's Outlaw and Chase and CBS's Chaos in 2010***8211;2011, and CBS's How to Be a Gentleman and NBC's The Firm in 2011-2012). Despite being a known graveyard slot, some channels have gained or maintained success in the Saturday night slot that they have created notable exceptions such as with Nickelodeon, which has successfully aired a Saturday primetime lineup of first-run programming aimed at pre-teens and teenagers since August 1992 (which has included popular series such as Clarissa Explains It All, All That, Kenan & Kel, iCarly and Victorious), and Syfy, which has had respectable success with made-for-TV movies that regularly air during Saturday primetime.
Reply With Quote
croz is offline
#9
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM
CaneloMaidana
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 294
Rep Power: 0 CaneloMaidana is a jewel in the roughCaneloMaidana is a jewel in the roughCaneloMaidana is a jewel in the roughCaneloMaidana is a jewel in the rough
Points: 4,918.84
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,918.84
Default

I'm getting frustrated trying find Fury-Cunningham numbers and Canelo-Trout numbers in the USA, I have been to FutonCritic and TVbythenumbers which are the best sites and they have cable ratings from Sunday and UFC ratings but no boxing.
Reply With Quote
CaneloMaidana is offline
#10
Old 04-23-2013, 07:35 PM
CaneloMaidana
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 294
Rep Power: 0 CaneloMaidana is a jewel in the roughCaneloMaidana is a jewel in the roughCaneloMaidana is a jewel in the roughCaneloMaidana is a jewel in the rough
Points: 4,918.84
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,918.84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
Boxing airs in a timeslot known as the Saturday night death slot. Basically it's a timeslot that doesn't attract many viewers because people tend to have better things to do on a Saturday. Back in the old days Saturday was a good day for TV, these days not so much, but boxing promoters were too dumb to bother changing the day when everyone else was fleeing the sinking ship. So basically the fact that boxing can compete with other sports and series while in such a god awful day and timeslot has always been quite impressive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graveyard_slot
Saturday nights
Until the 1990s, many popular series aired on Saturdays, including CBS series such as Have Gun - Will Travel, All in the Family, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, The Carol Burnett Show, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Early Edition and Walker, Texas Ranger, as well as NBC's The Golden Girls and its numerous spin-offs, and most networks maintained a full schedule (though the night was also often used for airing movies). However, in the past decade, a similar situation to Friday nights has emerged, with fewer viewers in front of a TV set. The last major efforts to program Saturday nights ended in 2001, when CBS canceled Walker, Texas Ranger and NBC failed with the XFL. Thus, since 2004, the mainstream U.S. networks have largely abandoned original programming on Saturday nights in favor of reruns and occasionally sports coverage (with the exceptions of Fox, which has continued to air its long running reality show COPS, and CBS, which continues a limited first-run presence with 48 Hours Mystery). In recent years, a new trend has emerged where a show that is considered to be a ratings failure (or is already canceled) is moved to Saturday nights to finish airing its original episodes (examples include NBC's Crusoe and the CBS miniseries Harper's Island in 2008***8211;09, CBS' Three Rivers and ABC's The Forgotten in 2009***8211;2010, NBC's Outlaw and Chase and CBS's Chaos in 2010***8211;2011, and CBS's How to Be a Gentleman and NBC's The Firm in 2011-2012). Despite being a known graveyard slot, some channels have gained or maintained success in the Saturday night slot that they have created notable exceptions such as with Nickelodeon, which has successfully aired a Saturday primetime lineup of first-run programming aimed at pre-teens and teenagers since August 1992 (which has included popular series such as Clarissa Explains It All, All That, Kenan & Kel, iCarly and Victorious), and Syfy, which has had respectable success with made-for-TV movies that regularly air during Saturday primetime.
You are making a mistake by saying Promoters are being dumb by not moving it to another day, it's pretty obvious why events aren't held on a Tuesday.
Reply With Quote
CaneloMaidana is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
channel, fury-ss, ratings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.