Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-16-2013, 09:58 PM
piojo del norte
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 piojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond reputepiojo del norte has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 120,360,175,998.13
Total Points: 241,361,591,238.73
Ice cold beer. - Round 1 have a pretzel - TuR'oK Calm down and enjoy some fruit. - Robin Hood saludos camarada - bigsmoothh New Billionaire - Roja's480 
cheers mate - bigsmoothh 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigsmoothh 

If that wasn't the best Hamed then who was the best Hamed? It doesn't get better than undefeated......

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weebler II View Post
Did Barrera face the best Hamed? I don't think so, that Hamed retired so soon after due to hand problems tells its own story.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Harry Balls
Mi Vida Loca

Rep Power: 14 Harry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,237,927,616,720.17
Total Points: 1,237,935,801,512.34
One of the best! - kyshenko team Depending on how old they are, try playing GTA 4 and trick them into thinking it's a cartoon. haha - Unknown Champ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato o Muero View Post
He didn't beat anybody... Doesn't mean he wasn't talented, but the hype was definitely way out of proportion. Dude lost to the only great fighter he ever faced.
This is kind of ridiculous. He beat 10 former or to be titlists. He was the lineal champ.

He beat Vasquez and Kelley. Those are high quality wins.

Overall he's definitely HOF worthy.

Overhyped? Yeah i'd say so. Just like with Tyson people enjoyed his style and showmanship.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 59 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,779,331,041.66
Total Points: 142,117,090,160.09
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by piojo del norte View Post
If that wasn't the best Hamed then who was the best Hamed? It doesn't get better than undefeated......
The one that wasn't blowing up in weight between fights and who was training properly.

Quote:
Yet the Kelley fight also provided vivid evidence that The Prince was entering what was to become a steady decline. The reflexes that had carried him through numerous battles over the years were slipping and he was becoming ever more easy to hit. This was partly due to the fact that as the knockouts mounted Hamed began to approach each fight as if a stoppage was inevitable. In doing so he neglected his skills and eventually allowed them to atrophy. By the time he faced Marco Antonio Barrera in 2001 he had become something of a one-dimensional puncher. The grace and fluidity of his early ring outings was now little more than a distant memory. Combinations became less frequent as Hamed became a stalking puncher obsessed with landing the big left hand. His fight against the hard-hitting Augie Sanchez, 26-1, provided further evidence of Hamed***8217;s, by now, one-track approach. Both fighters were stunned in a wildly exciting slugfest before Hamed found the punches to stop the American in the fourth; it was to be his last successful defence; a life and death struggle against an opponent he would have dissected a few years previously. At the age of twenty-seven Hamed, by now a millionaire husband and father had fallen out of love with the sport. The contentment of his home life proved ever harder to abandon for the Spartan rigours of camp and he became an increasingly reluctant trainer. These chickens came home to roost against Barrera, who boxed smartly to soundly outpoint a strangely plodding and distracted Hamed and in doing so handed him his one and only defeat.
Not saying Hamed would have won previously, but he was well on the slide by the time he fought Barrera.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:06 PM
Snake...
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Snake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,016,200,484.91
have an apple....... - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Balls View Post
This is kind of ridiculous. He beat 10 former or to be titlists. He was the lineal champ.

Overhyped? Yeah i'd say so. Just like with Tyson people enjoyed his style and showmanship.
Vasquez was washed up when hamed beat him
Old 03-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Andre Wardttke
Y'ALL MUST'VE FORGOT!

Rep Power: 13 Andre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond reputeAndre Wardttke has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 867,895,521.41
Total Points: 873,222,023.95
The Rolling People - Stones! Douche Award - A-Wolf 
Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - The Chosen 

He gets judged harshly because he peaked a short while before the likes Pacquiao, Barrera and Morales appeared on the scene. The Marquez fight might've happened, for some reason didn't, but Hamed was still beating top 10 ranked contenders and other belt holders/former belt holders.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:11 PM
UTEP
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 58 UTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 243,675,107,796,814.81
Total Points: 243,675,107,851,488.03
I truly appreciate that bro! but I don't like eating alone so here's one back enjoy! - jose830 Happy New Year carnal, que estes bien.. - !! AI-Holmes!! good ass poster - I'm so sorry Thanks for the YouTube posting tip, had to idea haha. - CounterPunching I meant 'no idea', not 'to idea' on the last gift.. - CounterPunching 
That's one of the hottest bitches I've ever seen! word! - jose830 el norte beautiful film no doubt - Tha_Greatest No Message - Sake1 :rofl: :rofl: that was funny...salud! - jose830 No Message - chiguy91 
GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner i watched the Bradley/Marquez video on my lunch, thanks for sharing - jose830 :lol1:@homie g funk... I'm in PR right now so I'll send you a tropical fish - jose830 No Message - Sake1 I'm digging this neon sign gifs - -jose- 
it's all good homie - -jose- thanks for the popcorn...hereI left you some - -jose- Thank you.  Toma una fria!  Cheers bro. - damit305 BANG BANG - sugarsmosley to a true atg poster - jas 

Hell no it wasn't fake!!! Hamed's win's over Kevin Kelly, Wayne McCullough, and Augie Sanchez were very impressive at the time, not to mention all the other title defences in between. Naseem Hamed's resume was very legit when he faced Barrera.

Oh and @ Morales being scared of "the prince"

Last edited by UTEP; 03-16-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Harry Balls
Mi Vida Loca

Rep Power: 14 Harry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Balls has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,237,927,616,720.17
Total Points: 1,237,935,801,512.34
One of the best! - kyshenko team Depending on how old they are, try playing GTA 4 and trick them into thinking it's a cartoon. haha - Unknown Champ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake... View Post
Vasquez was washed up when hamed beat him
Slipping but absolutely not washed up.

I'd say he was at the same place in his career as Tszyu was when Hatton beat him.

Tszyu a better fighter though. Not trying to say anything else.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:29 PM
ItsTrue
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ItsTrue has a reputation beyond reputeItsTrue has a reputation beyond reputeItsTrue has a reputation beyond reputeItsTrue has a reputation beyond reputeItsTrue has a reputation beyond reputeItsTrue has a reputation beyond reputeItsTrue has a reputation beyond reputeItsTrue has a reputation beyond reputeItsTrue has a reputation beyond reputeItsTrue has a reputation beyond reputeItsTrue has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,016,409,272.41
Total Points: 141,016,500,848.26

I think the hand issues combined with his lack of atg dedication and all the work and miles and training is why he cant be considered an ATG.

I think the backlash towards Muslims after 9-11 also kind of just killed his will to want to keep going. Im curious to what his ratings did post 9-11 were I know he was ratings gold early hence the big paydays but I can guarantee you they plummeted after.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:33 PM
MoneyKing
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 MoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these partsMoneyKing is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 6,568.22

Naseem hamed was a bum fighter - he was clueless in the Barrera fight
and his brothers got involved in business which Frank Warren didn't like.

he never beat anyone special
Old 03-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Mato o Muero
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 23,479.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Balls View Post

10 former or to be titlists, so what? Being a titlist doesn't mean much I'm sorry. Vazquez was almost 40 when Hamed beat him. Kelley was his best win. I'm not saying Hamed was a bum but he isn't HOF worthy.