Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-07-2013, 03:20 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,088,043,414.61
16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler 
unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 
Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 
for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Post Comments Thread For: The Thrill of the Chase Continues To Motivate Hopkins

By Jake Donovan - Bernard Hopkins has achieved just about everything a fighter in his position could ever possibly ask for. He’d have still been celebrated as a first round Hall of Famer if he decided to call it a career immediately after his historic middleweight championship winning effort over Felix Trinidad more than a decade ago.

Instead, Hopkins decided to march towards the history books. Well over a decade later, the pursuit of his own records and upsetting the apple cart continue to drive the 48-year old former two-division world champion.

Those motivating factors have led Philly’s finest to this weekend’s challenge, when he faces unbeaten Tavoris Cloud for a piece of the light heavyweight crown. The two square off at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, with HBO to televise.

A win would allow Hopkins (52-6-2, 32KO) to shatter his own record of becoming the oldest fighter ever to win a title of any kind. But even if he manages to once again outdo himself, don’t expect him to stop there.

“What drives me is that I'm not satisfied, even though I know I've done a lot to be grateful for, and I am. Trust me, I am. God knows I am. But I'm the kind of person that if I'm not satisfied, not unsatisfied or selfish, not to a point where there’s nothing to be done. So I'm the type of person, again, when I'm not satisfied I keep driving,” states Hopkins, who gives away 17 years in age to the unbeaten Cloud (24-0, 19KO). [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-07-2013, 04:00 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,738,148.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

It's a long, long time since I have not been able to read a Jake Donovan article from start to finish-if ever. I was following where it was going until I got to the "satisfied, unsatisfied, upside-down, back-to-front gobblede****. Of course that's the way Hopkins is, voluble to incoherency, completely satisfied (pun) with the sound of his own voice.

Anyway,I have just ordinary intelligence and that was enough for me. I felt I should remark on it.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:03 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,738,148.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarg View Post
It's a long, long time since I have not been able to read a Jake Donovan article from start to finish-if ever. I was following where it was going until I got to the "satisfied, unsatisfied, upside-down, back-to-front gobblede****. Of course that's the way Hopkins is, voluble to incoherency, completely satisfied (pun) with the sound of his own voice.

Anyway,I have just ordinary intelligence and that was enough for me. I felt I should remark on it.
I have no idea why my term is "starred". I just used a commonplace description of voluble, contorted confusion.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:43 AM
simonihirst
Contender

Rep Power: 4 simonihirst has much to be proud ofsimonihirst has much to be proud ofsimonihirst has much to be proud ofsimonihirst has much to be proud ofsimonihirst has much to be proud ofsimonihirst has much to be proud ofsimonihirst has much to be proud ofsimonihirst has much to be proud ofsimonihirst has much to be proud of
Total Points: 2,703.95

This is going to be an execution of the old school for Hopkins. Cloud has neither the skill or experience to be playing with the likes of Hopkins.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:35 PM
APBrooklyn
Contender

Total Points: 10,000,008,416.58

HoWould live to see BHop score a good ol fashioned schooling over Cloud.....he appears to still be very capable in al facets of his trickery - this won't be all that easy for BHop though..
Old 03-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 20,658,684,965,520.42
Total Points: 21,914,006,540,191.67
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Too bad they shut down the manufacturing plant that produces these type of fighters. We had a brief stint with the Punisher. Hell maybe my bwoy Trout can fill in the whole P Dub left.