Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene
Thread Navigation

Old 03-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Tom Cruise
Co.cktail

Rep Power: 33 Tom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 889,004,893,689.32
Total Points: 1,001,999,005,127,294.38
thanks for the green! - jose830 enjoy the beer and the boobies :beerchug: - jose830 Thanks for the green...eat a healthy burger :D - jose830 No Message - -jose- Team Sutherland FTW - Mike D 
No Message - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HUGH JASS 
Default War of Words: Warren vs Hearn

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/new...9/War-of-words

Quote:
Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn has launched a staunch defence of his operations after rival Frank Warren accused him of targeting the 'bottom line'.

Warren on Monday used his self-owned TV network to hit back at comments, reportedly made by Hearn, claiming he 'stacked' his shows to maximize his financial return.

One such show on March 16 has had to be shelved after Ricky Burns' opponent Miguel Vazquez pulled out with a virus amid rumours that he had still not agreed financial terms for their unification fight, while Nathan Cleverly was also ruled out of his world title defence after being hit with a stomach bug.

This came on top of George Groves, who was also set to appear on the bill, joining Matchroom over the weekend and for whom he will now debut this coming Saturday.

"Of course we stack our shows, because that's what I've always done," Warren said. "That's why my fighters get home advantage when they fight, very rarely will I take them on the road unless I really fancy the job or they're getting fantastically paid."

And Warren said that he had a right to express his opinion in his regular column in the Sun and that Hearn should not take anything said in there personally.

"What have they (Matchroom) done in the last year - taken four guys abroad and got them all beat," he added. "What a great track record. There's a good way to build your business.

"He says I slag him off in my column, but it's not a question of that. My column is about expressing my view, and my view was they would all get beat. That's not being disrespectful.

"That's me giving my opinion, I'm not always right and sometimes I get it wrong. I do find it strange that they always go abroad though and the reason is because it's a cheaper option, rather than investing in your fighters and trying to get them home advantage.

"My motive is not the bottom line. Their motive is the bottom line. They care more about the short term 'grab the money now', rather than investing in the long term for your fighters."

Opportunites

Hearn refuted those allegations, saying Darren Barker and Gavin Rees - two of his fighters who have lost world title fights in America - had not seen their careers suffer as a consequence.

"I want my fighters to fight the best in the world and be tested at the top level," he said. "I want big paydays, big fights and world titles for my fighters. It's not entirely my decision - we sit down with the teams and I present all the opportunities in terms of what's available.

"If they feel it's the right package, they'll take the fight. If they want advice I'll give it, and my advice for those two fights was to take it.

"Barker was two-time European champion and ready for a world title shot. The only one available was Sergio Martinez. If he didn't take that fight he would have stayed at European level for the same money with nobody that interested.

"Gavin Rees was European champion, he defended that three times and was set to fight John Murray who had to pull out.

"So here's a chance to fight Adrien Broner for six times as much money, on HBO and try and upset the applecart.

"Both fighters came out of that with great credibility and a huge amount of support from HBO. Their stock rose and they got a nice paycheck. The only reason not to take those fights would be through a lack of ambition.

"People don't want to watch fighters making easy defences again and again. They want to see big fights and guys being tested.

"If you just want to make routine defences then that's fine, if that's the way you want to do it. It's not how I want to do it. I want to make boxing exciting again and I want to make the fights people want to see."

Hearn added that he was not interested in what is happening 'over the garden fence', with his own stable of fighters growing by the week.

"I couldn't care less. I don't go to work thinking 'I've got to get one over on Frank Warren'. It may be for him because he always seems to target us," he added.

"If I wanted to I could start asking about the Miguel Vazquez situation, but it's petty and I've got too much on my plate. I've got a dozen fighters wanting to sign up with us and no fighter leaves Matchroom. In the last three years there hasn't been one.

"We're running a business here. I don't want the losses that Frank Warren's got. It would jeopardise my business.

"If you're not making money you can't pay your fighters. We're not making massive money, but we're doing okay."
Got to side with Hearn. Surprisingly few fans care about losses as long as they are fighting the best
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Clegg

Rep Power: 154 Clegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,713,151,398,499,872.00
Total Points: 4,780,240,368,804,706.00
Before I get banned. - Richard Nixon FREE RiZO! - Carlton Banks MMM-My Sharona! - RiZО Have an apple Clegg - danc1984 Yank food is good - mangler jr 
Chunk cake - It's part of your 5 a day! - Chunk Coffee Is Professional - Loccy To make up for that soggy one. - Raider Monkz mhh Alizee is moi lolita &amp;lt;3 - cleaner147 Professional Cookie - Loccy 
super clegg - Old Coward No Message - -veteran420- with love - -veteran420- Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc 
yum yum pot noodle - Mike_Hunt super e-baller - MANIAC310 Well deserved, never saw you at history section - HaglerSteelChin It sounds like you need one, LOL - HaglerSteelChin Have some more - HaglerSteelChin 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Scientist Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖΟ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Head and Neck Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

Quote:
"That's why my fighters get home advantage when they fight, very rarely will I take them on the road unless I really fancy the job or they're getting fantastically paid."

"What have they (Matchroom) done in the last year - taken four guys abroad and got them all beat," he added. "What a great track record. There's a good way to build your business.
Warren summing up in his own words how he's out of step with what fans want and with what the sport should be. Hearn gets his guys shots at the best in the division, Warren gets them postponements.

Also, Hearn has gotten some of his guys home advantage when it's made sense, both Bute and Kessler probably would've preferred not to travel but Hearn was able to do a good deal for his fighter.

I don't really see Warren being willing to send an untested to Chisora to fight Wlad as being much different to Broner-Rees. If anything he was a lot less proven and a lot less developed than Barker and Rees when they faced the best in the division, and Wlad is a lot more proven than Broner who is still developing, so it made less sense.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:58 PM
S. Saddler 1310
Banned

Rep Power: 0 S. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,998,947,867.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
I don't really see Warren being willing to send an untested to Chisora to fight Wlad as being much different to Broner-Rees. If anything he was a lot less proven and a lot less developed than Barker and Rees when they faced the best in the division, and Wlad is a lot more proven than Broner who is still developing, so it made less sense.
you touch on something that has been of mild intrigue to me,

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
Warren has been uncharacteristically bold in matching Chisora

i wonder what it is about Warren's view of Dereck that he's seemed so unusually happy to throw the guy in the deep end and let him sink or swim (not a complaint, btw).
Old 03-06-2013, 06:16 PM
HughJass
420 Boxingscene

Rep Power: 71 HughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,118,394,947,917,700.00
Total Points: 26,718,394,948,759,728.00
Happy Birthday to my fellow Rigotard! - DosRounds Happy Birthday to my fellow Rigotard! - DosRounds Have a beer filled with my semen - led* Long time man, im not around so much anymore, but here is a beer as they dont sell reefers in the shop lol - chav For what the cunts will do on here. It will be like Inception and Matrix. We are Cunts! - Master Cvnt 
Welcome back my Ninja! - jose830 thanks man. - RightJab Thanks for the birthday pm homie it's greatly Appreciate it :beerchug: - jose830 lol - -jose- Haha munchies - Beercules 
hope you get well soon good friend - -jose- 5001 post son! - -jose- Distinguished Service Medal. B-Hop Battalion - jas best thread in lounge award - -jose- THANKS FOR THE STREAM DUDE - The Surgeon 
Happy Thanksgiving homie! - -jose- Happy Turkey day! - jazluvr We eat alot of pie today, happy Thanks giving - TBear thanks for the nomination - -jose- I couldn't green you but have some coffee, that picture of that cop :rofl::rofl: - -jose- 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:

i wonder what it is about Warren's view of Dereck that he's seemed so unusually happy to throw the guy in the deep end and let him sink or swim (not a complaint, btw).

quite possibly that the division is weak and he thought he had a fighter who could exploit it , with dereck being a extremely confident guy frank might have bought in to it , i like chisora that's not disrespecting him any way.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Tom Cruise
Co.cktail

Rep Power: 33 Tom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 889,004,893,689.32
Total Points: 1,001,999,005,127,294.38
thanks for the green! - jose830 enjoy the beer and the boobies :beerchug: - jose830 Thanks for the green...eat a healthy burger :D - jose830 No Message - -jose- Team Sutherland FTW - Mike D 
No Message - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HUGH JASS 

Quote:

I wondered if he was not managing to build the fan base he had hoped for Chisora, or doesnt really know how to market to Chisora's type of fan base so decided to take risks to gain him support?

Which worked i suppose as he gained lots of attention earlier than he would have fighting stiffs.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:15 AM
gingeralbino
WAR MAGEE!!!

Rep Power: 27 gingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,180,560,395,566.74
Total Points: 28,180,560,485,187.73
ugly kid is gonna need it after he gets whooped - Sir TomJones top poster - S~T~J For being a consistently rock solid poster - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cruise View Post
I wondered if he was not managing to build the fan base he had hoped for Chisora, or doesnt really know how to market to Chisora's type of fan base so decided to take risks to gain him support?

Which worked i suppose as he gained lots of attention earlier than he would have fighting stiffs.
i reckon it was more a case of Chisora losing unexpectedly to Fury and being out of shape and Del Boy telling him he cant be assed training unless he got big fights (although a Wlad fight was signed pre-Fury but thats a no lose situation.)

Del Boy doesn't (or didnt at the time he might have since sold his business Im not sure) need boxing, he was making good money without it. He might have told Frank if he didnt get big fights he wasnt gonna fight anymore/train anymore so Frank decided he may as well cash in straight away. Either that or he thought after the kissing and the biting incidents early in his career and his out of ring antics Chisora might not be allowed to box in the future so there was no point in building him up (padding his record)
Old 03-07-2013, 07:10 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 100,888,117.97
Total Points: 10,101,360,638.34
merry christmas - the collector 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
Warren summing up in his own words how he's out of step with what fans want and with what the sport should be. Hearn gets his guys shots at the best in the division, Warren gets them postponements.

Also, Hearn has gotten some of his guys home advantage when it's made sense, both Bute and Kessler probably would've preferred not to travel but Hearn was able to do a good deal for his fighter.

Couldn't have put it any better.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 AM
No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 No1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,507,361,591.72
Total Points: 17,527,654,304.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingeralbino View Post
i reckon it was more a case of Chisora losing unexpectedly to Fury and being out of shape and Del Boy telling him he cant be assed training unless he got big fights (although a Wlad fight was signed pre-Fury but thats a no lose situation.)

Del Boy doesn't (or didnt at the time he might have since sold his business Im not sure) need boxing, he was making good money without it. He might have told Frank if he didnt get big fights he wasnt gonna fight anymore/train anymore so Frank decided he may as well cash in straight away. Either that or he thought after the kissing and the biting incidents early in his career and his out of ring antics Chisora might not be allowed to box in the future so there was no point in building him up (padding his record)
I agree with the 2nd paragragh. Del Boy (Albeit an entertaining brawler) is a nut job. I think Frank saw what would happen to him and decided it's best to cash out straight away. Did a good job though, got Del Boy a world title fight and a huge huge payday when fighting Haye at Upton park.

I'd like to see Del Boy get a few easy fights and get back into title contention. Boxing needs guys like him to bring exitement to the division.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:55 PM
themadworldofjb
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 themadworldofjb has a spectacular aura aboutthemadworldofjb has a spectacular aura aboutthemadworldofjb has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,213.45

Warren is trying to save his backside. Hes lost Groves and worse still Burns in the last week. He obviosuly sees Eddie as a viable threat to his reign as number 1 promoter. However, Frank shot himself in the foot way before the exodus of fighters happened. The biggest mistake he made was splitting from Sky. Boxnation is good but it doesnt have the hype machine that Sky has. There fore they just wont be able to compete with Sky. I think thats partly why Georgie and Ricky jumped ship
Old 03-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Clegg

Rep Power: 154 Clegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,713,151,398,499,872.00
Total Points: 4,780,240,368,804,706.00
Before I get banned. - Richard Nixon FREE RiZO! - Carlton Banks MMM-My Sharona! - RiZО Have an apple Clegg - danc1984 Yank food is good - mangler jr 
Chunk cake - It's part of your 5 a day! - Chunk Coffee Is Professional - Loccy To make up for that soggy one. - Raider Monkz mhh Alizee is moi lolita &amp;lt;3 - cleaner147 Professional Cookie - Loccy 
super clegg - Old Coward No Message - -veteran420- with love - -veteran420- Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc 
yum yum pot noodle - Mike_Hunt super e-baller - MANIAC310 Well deserved, never saw you at history section - HaglerSteelChin It sounds like you need one, LOL - HaglerSteelChin Have some more - HaglerSteelChin 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Scientist Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖΟ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Head and Neck Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

I really like boxnation (although sometimes the overdo the repeats, I didn't need to see the Matthew Hatton card several times each day this week), it's nice being able to randomly turn it on at anytime and see a fight you either haven't seen or haven't seen for a few years.

But I do feel it's main drawback is that it isn't good for the sport in the long-term. Boxing used to be a mainstream sport in the UK, but then Warren took his fighters to Sky, where they were paid more money but seen by less people. Because of less people seeing the cards, the guys coming up got less exposure and as a result earned less money than the likes of Benn, Eubank and Bruno had.

Boxnation is another step in that direction. Casual fans will see even less of the sport and some will stop following it, up and coming talent will struggle to get the kind of exposure that can build a fanbase, and it continues down the road of boxing being a fringe sport in the UK, from which it seems it may never return.