Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene
Thread Navigation

Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Bodyshot3
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Bodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,911.73
Total Points: 10,000,041,542.58

@generalbino....just want to make it clear that I was not dissing Frank who was a brave warrior and a lethal, top-level puncher as well. He also won a WBC heavyweight title belt.

My main point...which I admittedly did not make very well, was that DP looks like another huge puncher who can beat the best, but can also be badly buzzed himself and very vulnerable himself.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-24-2013, 03:31 PM
gingeralbino
WAR MAGEE!!!

Rep Power: 26 gingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,278,319,007,887.96
Total Points: 13,278,319,090,936.85
ugly kid is gonna need it after he gets whooped - Sir TomJones top poster - S~T~J For being a consistently rock solid poster - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
@generalbino....just want to make it clear that I was not dissing Frank who was a brave warrior and a lethal, top-level puncher as well. He also won a WBC heavyweight title belt.

My main point...which I admittedly did not make very well, was that DP looks like another huge puncher who can beat the best, but can also be badly buzzed himself and very vulnerable himself.
ah right i thought u meant the way he got KOd, yeah thats a fair enough comparison. Pricey might just be a bigger puncher although i'll reserve judgement on that until i see him with someone who has proven they can take a punch at world level. Bruno's jab though let him compete with guys at a world level, and im not certain Price will be able to take on top 10 guys and not get KTFO without some big improvements.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Bodyshot3
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Bodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond reputeBodyshot3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,911.73
Total Points: 10,000,041,542.58

Agreed General....Bruno's jab was a world-class power-shot in its own right.

It gave a peak Lennox Lewis a proper battering for a few rounds, totally busted-up and sickened McCall and dealt with seriously big, hard men like Ekuland, Bugner, Williams and Coetzee.

My main concern about Price is that he looks so vulnerable when he is hit, unable to grab and hold, or just move away and find the time to recover.

And that does remind me of big Frank.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Dolor
Contender

Rep Power: 3 Dolor will become famous soon enoughDolor will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,375.76

price needs to use a Wlad strategy - imrpove his jab, deliver one-two combinations, make use of his reach to keep opponents from hitting him. contrary to others I think his hand speed is quite alright for such a big man. and as you stated, he needs to learn how to clinch and hold tactically.

in short: price would need manny as a trainer.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:36 PM
No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 No1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,507,361,591.72
Total Points: 17,527,650,021.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolor View Post
price needs to use a Wlad strategy - imrpove his jab, deliver one-two combinations, make use of his reach to keep opponents from hitting him. contrary to others I think his hand speed is quite alright for such a big man. and as you stated, he needs to learn how to clinch and hold tactically.

in short: price would need manny as a trainer.
He would do well with the wlad style of fighting as he's 6,9. But Price is 29 and not very active for a pro. Guys like wlad took beatings when they were younger and had 8-9 fights per year to change style and improve upon defences. Price doesnt fight enough to make changes plus doesnt want to change team or learn to change.

Also what a chap said earlier. Dillain Whyte looks like a decent prospect, shame he got caught up in the Jack3d scandal. He was about to fight Mcdermot who beat fury (Dodgy decision) and fought price only a year ago or so. Plus Whyte is only 23-24 so hope to see him back in the ring quick time.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 AM
davef
Contender

Rep Power: 2 davef has a reputation beyond reputedavef has a reputation beyond reputedavef has a reputation beyond reputedavef has a reputation beyond reputedavef has a reputation beyond reputedavef has a reputation beyond reputedavef has a reputation beyond reputedavef has a reputation beyond reputedavef has a reputation beyond reputedavef has a reputation beyond reputedavef has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 250,273,694,464.39
Total Points: 435,920,992,582,247.44

thing i noticed from the price fight was the way thompson took his punches.

price had him in the corner and hit him with some (although not clean) pretty big shots and thompson jus walked out the corner almost smiling

i knew price was ****ed then