Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Mneronava
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Mneronava has a spectacular aura aboutMneronava has a spectacular aura aboutMneronava has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,560.58

Maybe because I fought, but I feel like this a lame topic and kind of embarrassing to see so many people act as if they're experts.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 33 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,079,038,456,304,348.00
Total Points: 8,079,038,456,328,803.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Mongo View Post
You are right I could have worded it better but I would not go quite as far as clenching as tightly as possible.It wants to be a lot tighter so there is no leakage but does not need too much more than that. You get the degree of clenching needed with experience.
I think we're on the same page. What I meant by "as tightly as possible" is not to grind down so hard that you're too tense, but to clench so as to create a compact, solid mass. In my own experience, I've found that your fist indeed finds the right amount of tension with training and physical development.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 PM
SonnyDempsey
Contender

Rep Power: 4 SonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyDempsey has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 45,915.68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mneronava View Post
Maybe because I fought, but I feel like this a lame topic and kind of embarrassing to see so many people act as if they're experts.
The only lame post here would be one that points out how smug the other posts are while being smug itself.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Silky Smooth
Banned

Total Points: 1,290.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mneronava View Post
Nobody is claiming to be an expert, people are just giving different opinions. I like threads like this because you hear different perspectives. You're the one trying to come off as the expert, as if you're the only one here that's fought before. Fool.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Ido
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Ido has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,516,223.60
Total Points: 102,614,917.92
Thanks for all the support and respect - Massage Queen 

Mass x Speed = Force. But there is an unknown multiplier due to skill/technique. We can call that an "Y' factor. This Y factor is due to how your body springs to carry out your punch, starting from the ground.

tl;dr: look at the vid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ido View Post
/topic end

Last edited by Ido; 02-23-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Fudgeit
Amateur

Total Points: 2,035.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadyo View Post
Power = force x distance / time. Which means the larger the force and the shorter the time, the greater the power.
Wouldn't that mean Amir Khan should in theory be hitting the hardest in his weight division?
He is probably the fastest and they weigh roughly the same and so he should hit harder than most if not all, but clearly that's not the case. Am I missing something?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Tom Cruise
Co.cktail

Rep Power: 31 Tom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 552,713,445,289.44
Total Points: 1,662,713,668,453.58
thanks for the green! - jose830 enjoy the beer and the boobies :beerchug: - jose830 Thanks for the green...eat a healthy burger :D - jose830 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgeit View Post
Wouldn't that mean Amir Khan should in theory be hitting the hardest in his weight division?
He is probably the fastest and they weigh roughly the same and so he should hit harder than most if not all, but clearly that's not the case. Am I missing something?
Khan takes a lot of power of his shots so that he can throw quicker combos
Old 02-23-2013, 03:59 PM
AlexKid
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 4 AlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,465,201.01
for being a true ambassador in the training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgeit View Post
Maybe he dosnt transfer weight as well?

Like Ali is faster than Earnie shavers but its obvious Ali is not commiting as much bodyweight.

But you are right if Ali committed all his bodyweight and used earnie shavers power punching mechanics and did it faster thatn earnie while weighing the same or more he still wouldnt hit anywhere near as hard imo, so theres more to it, its a mystery to me.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:03 PM
AlexKid
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 4 AlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,465,201.01
for being a true ambassador in the training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Mongo View Post
Go to an ice rink wear normal shoes on the ice and get someone to hold the pads and punch away and see what happens. Your body is just as fast your weight is the same but there will be pathetic power. So something else is going on in normal circumstances to creat power. It is using the ground for leverage. You will hear of amateurs learning to sit down on their punches when the turn pro to load up the power. That is learning to use your body in such away to be able to use the ground as leverage for ground upwards power.
Great point mate thankyou!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Prince Mongo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Prince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,076,556.04

For leverage in punching watch Rubin Carter.